Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Old 12-01-2016, 04:45 AM   #1
skyballer455
All Star Reserve

Introducing the Historical Replay Starter Kit

This file contains everything needed, graphics-wise, to do a historical replay from the beginning of Major League Baseball in 1901 all the way to 2016. It brings together several mods so that everything is available in one download without one having to look around for them.

To make this file, I used No_Pepper and reds1's fantastic historical uniform sets. Since the two sets overlap in some places, I had to do some file management to eliminate the overlap. The logos are from Gambo's Historical Logos Compilation, of course updated with some corrections for accuracy.

The baseball card templates are from the Baseball Card Templates Combined File, also by Gambo, updated to 2016 with the new 2016 Topps template made by fhomess. The historical facegen files are from a couple of different sets. And finally, the ballpark files were made by pstrickert.

This file also includes the Minor League Collection, containing minor league team sets made by George_Bell, myself and many others.

This file was made with OOTP16 in mind (since I think that's the version that's best for historical replays) but it should work with all versions after that.

This is only version one. If you feel something needs to be corrected or added, reply to this thread and I'll sort it out.

INSTALLATION:

1) Navigate to the OOTP Baseball xx folder usually located at C:\Users\[Your Name]\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball xx

2) Extract the MLB Historical Jerseys, MLB Historical Ballcaps, and MLB Historical Logos folders (the folders, not the contents) to the appropriate folders
(jerseys, ballcaps & logos respectively).

3) Extract the bb_cards folder containing the baseball card template files to the OOTP Baseball xx folder, overwriting the one already there when asked.
The folder names are for OOTP 17. If installing for another version, extract the bb_cards folder to a convenient location (such as the desktop) and rename the ootp17
and ootp17_mac folders to the version you are using. For example, if installing for OOTP 16, you would change the names to ootp16 and ootp16_mac. After that
is done, copy the folder to the OOTP Baseball xx folder, overwriting the one already there.

4) Extract the ballparks folder to the OOTP Baseball xx folder, merging with the one already there when asked.

5) Extract the fg_files folder to the OOTP Baseball xx folder, again overwriting the one already there.

6) Lastly, extract the Minor League Collection folder to a location of your choice. Notes on the usage of the collection are below.

The ballparks, baseball cards, and facegen files will automatically load without any extra input. However, as the jersey, ballcap, and logo sets are in separate
folders, you will need to point the game to them manually. To do so, during the creation of your historical league, go to advanced mode and then to the advanced
settings located at the left side of the screen. There you will find options to change the folders where the game looks for jerseys, ballcaps, and logos. Click
the change button on the team logos option and click on the MLB Historical Logos folder you extracted. Then click the "Select" button. Do the same for the
team jerseys and team ballcaps options. After that you are all set to change MLB history!

USING THE MINOR LEAGUE COLLECTION

Since I couldn't come up with anything good for this bit, here are the notes on usage from the original thread, updated:

1. The file is divided into two folders, Major League and Random. Major League contains 30 folders named for teams in the league. In each folder are minor league teams which go with that particular team. The Random folder contains minor league teams which can be assigned to any team.

2. The dates in the file names aren't meant to be followed strictly. Instead, they denote which era that the particular jersey belongs in. In other words, they are meant to be a guide as to when in history to use them. The bulk of the uniforms are 70's to 80's era, although there are some from the 50s and 60s and a couple more recent ones.

3. I made sure that each team represented has at least a cap, a home and away jersey, and logo.

That should be all you need to know to use the minor league collection. Do not hesitate to reply to this thread if you have any questions.

DOWNLOAD:
Historical Replay Starter Kit V3

The ballparks folder will no longer be included in the main file to cut down on file size. It should be easy enough to find, though.

Last edited by skyballer455; 03-25-2017 at 10:27 PM.
skyballer455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 08:15 AM   #2
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Wow - a lot of great mods all in one place.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 12:14 PM   #3
jparker2112
All Star Reserve

just downloaded it! its gonna be sweet....when i figure out how to use it!
jparker2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 04:51 PM   #4
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

skyballer, you should consider being on the beta team. We need more people who have a passion for historicals.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 01:36 AM   #5
skyballer455
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparker2112 View Post
just downloaded it! its gonna be sweet....when i figure out how to use it!
Installation instructions have now been added to the first post. Hope that helps!
Old 12-02-2016, 02:57 AM   #6
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

Nice!

I was working on my own MiLB uniform database that I had planned to release at some point next year (since I still have lots of research to do), but looks like now it won't be necessary.
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 03:41 AM   #7
skyballer455
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
Nice!

I was working on my own MiLB uniform database that I had planned to release at some point next year (since I still have lots of research to do), but looks like now it won't be necessary.
I had previously released the Minor League Collection last year. You can find that thread here, although the original download link is dead. That is a totally separate entity from my ongoing Historical Minor Leagues project.

So please feel free to release your MiLB uniform database whenever it gets done. I'd really like to see it.
Old 12-07-2016, 08:24 PM   #8
skyballer455
All Star Reserve

Version 2 Now Available

Version 1 has now been replaced by Version 2. Here what has changed from the first version:

1) Added more teams to the Minor League Collection

2) Added a folder containing historical league logos. Minor league logos were made by tx_ranger

3) Added No_Pepper's Historical Minor League Uniforms to the Minor League Collection folder. This contains minor league teams for use from the 1900s to the 1960s. See the readme file inside that folder for usage instructions.

4) Edited the historical caps folder to account for years when team's home and away caps were the same to ensure proper loading of those caps.

5) And finally, I edited the historical logos folder to remove a couple duplicates.

A link to Version 2 of the file has now been added to the first post and also to this post.

DOWNLOAD:
Historical Replay Starter Kit V2

Download and enjoy!

Last edited by skyballer455; 12-07-2016 at 09:57 PM.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:49 AM   #9
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Any plans to add Silvam's historical 3D parks? Or are 3D park files too big?

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 03:13 AM   #10
moonlight graham
Bat Boy

This is fabulous, I've been direly in need of a historical all-in-one. I just wanted to plug a set of 1800s uniforms by fhomess, I think they're amazing.
moonlight graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 02:38 PM   #11
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

The OOTP community never ceases to amaze me. What a great and insipiring mod!

Thank you - cant wait to fire it up

"Judge a man not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character"
-Martin Luther King

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
-Einstein

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."
-Muhammad Ali

"Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything."
-Toby Harrah
Giants44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 04:25 PM   #12
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyballer455 View Post
This file contains everything needed, graphics-wise, to do a historical replay from the beginning of Major League Baseball in 1901 all the way to 2016......

3) Extract the bb_cards folder containing the baseball card template files to the OOTP Baseball xx folder, overwriting the one already there when asked.
The folder names are for OOTP 17. If installing for another version, extract the bb_cards folder to a convenient location (such as the desktop) and rename the ootp17

4) Extract the ballparks folder to the OOTP Baseball xx folder, merging with the one already there when asked.

5) Extract the fg_files folder to the OOTP Baseball xx folder, again overwriting the one already there.
can i assume that if we don't want BB Cards, we can skip loading/extracting those?
if we already have pstrickert's ball parks, we can skip loading/extracting those as well?

i'll have to look at this closer when i get some time. Very curious as to what minors are there and affiliations. (Does this replay starter kit use financials enabled, drafts, or FA - or is it truly historical that the rules of the era are followed? and those things fall into place when they historically should?) What an amazing undertaking!

edit:
wonderful stuff. however, doubt it will work as a real minor league replay with historical minors enabled in 17, as this is logos and uniforms and not actual teams and personnel. 17 junks minors self created with historical minors enabled... (Should have read the initial post a little closer, eh?) But it may come in handy if 18 gets more minors or when i get to 1920's in my historical game. Possibly (possibly) i can use the uni's and stuff on them? ..... still it's some great stuff. thanks.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 12-11-2016 at 07:00 PM.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 10:33 PM   #13
skyballer455
All Star Reserve

Version 3 Now Available

Just in time for the release of OOTP 18, here is another update to the Historical Replay Starter Kit.

For this update, I edited relevant files in the ballcaps, jerseys, and logos folders to include 2017. I also added jerseys and ballcaps from the 2017 Logo & Uniform Changes thread to ensure they were up to date. I also found logos for the three Negro leagues included with the game on release and added them to the League Logos folder. I plan to add Negro League uniforms and logos to the Starter Kit in a future update.

To cut down on file size, I will no longer be including the ballparks file. It should be easy enough to find though. The instructions from the first post still apply.

I also added notes on using the Minor League Collection to the first post.

A link to Version 3 has been added here and to the first post.

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/4hvfll...ter+Kit+V3.zip

Download and enjoy!
Old 03-26-2017, 01:45 AM   #14
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

This is pretty awesome!

The only thing I would recommend, as someone who's done mods for many years, is to make to minor league section much less ungainly.

Having it broken down into 3 sections is ungainly. It's understandable because your using so many sources, but extracting for usage is very difficult.

I would recommend keeping them in one file so it's easier to see what's there and also they can be put into the game much easier.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 11:03 PM   #15
Xogo
Minors (Triple A)

Do I have to use the downloader to get this....its keeps linking me to something my pc rejects
Xogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 12:52 AM   #16
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Looking good! I'll hold off on downloading until I'm ready to get my historical game started "for real", but this is the logo pack any serious historical player should use.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 08:22 PM   #17
jasonzimmie
Minors (Double A)

will this work with ootp 18 or should I start with 16?
jasonzimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 12:53 PM   #18
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Actually, THIS thread should be stickied but I guess if they kept on doing that for well-deserving projects like this one, the first page of this forum would appear to be frozen in time!

Thank you, skyballer455. This is the crowning jewel in resurrecting my collection of logos and uniforms that I foolishly deleted from my hard drive, thinking that they would always be available here. Not!

Boy, have I been all over the place, digging into all sorts of nooks and crannies to find stuff. Cuban and other Caribbean uniforms, for example. Wow. I finally got them (along with just a bit artistic license and some tweaking using justafan's Software).

Now, Bruce, you idiot. Save all of this stuff and back it up! ()

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 02:27 PM   #19
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Any word on an update?
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 02:28 PM   #20
diesel230
All Star Reserve

When playing a "New standard game" is there a way to assign uniforms and hats to "inactive teams" i.e Hartford Dark Blues & Troy Trojans or players from pre 1901?
Some facegens show up as a floating head. The luckier ones just a random color generic uniform.
The inactive teams don't have a team "settings" page like current ones. And adding the pre 1901 N.L teams uniforms and ballcaps some of you have made to my folders doesn't seem to help update the facegens.
diesel230 is offline   Reply With Quote