Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2016, 03:58 PM   #101
funkafonik
Bat Boy

The one thing I'd most like is the addition of a new fantasy mode where you'd be able to create teams/leagues but from a pool of all the players that have ever played, fixed-rated to their peak years, so you'd be able to ice a team with let's say Conor McDavid, Bobby Orr and George Vezina.

Or something similar to that What If Sports? website where you can build a dream team with whoever you want, or even each year's version of every player (ie you could choose 1988-rookie-Sakic or 1996-Cup-champion-Sakic)

Other possibilities, creating a league made of only the dynasties (ie 70s Habs, 80s Oilers, 90s Penguins, 90s/00s Avs/Wings, 10s Hawks).
funkafonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 02:23 PM   #102
Maaka
Bat Boy

I'd like an option to see the schedules and standings of previous seasons (if only those simulated since the day I started the game).
Maaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 02:46 PM   #103
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by omjo View Post
I'd like for a better ability to customize our General Managers prior to starting a new game.

I know this can already be done with editors, but I mean implemented better. For example, we get a number of attribute points to start off to distribute to the different categories. And this number can be linked to whatever reputation we choose to start off with, the higher the more we get. This way we can kind of develop as general managers (or coaches). Also, choosing play style and other small things like that.

I think it would add more immersion to the game.

2) Counter offers in trades.

Rather than a club saying "NO WAY!!!!!" and then demanding we send them a new offer, what if they send us a counter offer (if the original offer is close to being accepted).

3) I agree with the draft rankings request.

4) More control of the team during games.

Something like choosing lines to match up if you're a home team, benching player x, mixing up the lines. This is probably the biggest change I'd like to see in terms of altering the game already. Something along the lines of FHM. It would make actually playing the games more enjoyable. I'm not asking for a 3D match engine (I run this on a laptop without much horsepower lol).

5) Player interaction. FM excels at this, IMO, and it would be awesome to have it in a hockey game. Since morale is already implemented, it would be nice to be able to interact more with players.
Wanted to add a few more things.

Suspensions.

This would be great for immersion. Since we already have injuries in-game, I'm sure some can be attributed to dirty hits. Looking at attributes, I think the likelihood of a player following through with a dirty hit could be determined by a high aggression attribute and low professionalism attribute.

Training Revamp

Something I was thinking about, I love the game but I really don't like the training system. It's just too variable for me. If I want a player to improve one specific attribute, it is shoot and miss and usually I don't get what that attribute increased in the first couple months. With scouts, you can apply one scout to a certain player, or scout an entire region, league, etc. What if you do the same thing with an assistant coach? You can assign an assistant to a certain player, and that will allow you to train a specific attribute, maybe weakly instead of monthly, at the expense of the training efficiency for the entire team, like how applying a scout to a certain player is done at the expense of the scouting efficiency for the entire team.

Template Lineups

Injuries are abundant in this game, and it can really mess with ones lineup, especially when they pile up. Now the way to avoid that is to turn the frequency down, I get that. But what about an option to save certain lineups, as templates for the team. It would fill in spots with players still on the team, so if for example you have a template saved with a certain player, and then trade him, the feature would fill in the lineup but leave said players' spot(s) open. Of course, when/if you change teams, the templates would be deleted. It would make managing lineups a lot less of a chore when dealing with injuries.
omjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 06:23 PM   #104
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Thumbs down Logos

Can we get a way to edit team logos and arenas like OOTP. I have a fictional league and cannot get logos to change, it is driving me to distraction!
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 02:07 AM   #105
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by omjo View Post
Wanted to add a few more things.

Template Lineups

Injuries are abundant in this game, and it can really mess with ones lineup, especially when they pile up. Now the way to avoid that is to turn the frequency down, I get that. But what about an option to save certain lineups, as templates for the team. It would fill in spots with players still on the team, so if for example you have a template saved with a certain player, and then trade him, the feature would fill in the lineup but leave said players' spot(s) open. Of course, when/if you change teams, the templates would be deleted. It would make managing lineups a lot less of a chore when dealing with injuries.
This line-up save option would really be huuuuuge....

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 04:43 PM   #106
bradko
Minors (Single A)

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
The ability to save a hockey game in progress and come back to it later.
bradko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 06:04 PM   #107
croatian
All Star Starter

Any chance for android version ?
croatian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 09:42 AM   #108
fredreed
Minors (Double A)

1.More expansion options
2. Better UI
3. Don't make this game in 3D
4. greater commissioner control like being able to change ticket prices and add more teams more easily.
Old 05-01-2016, 12:18 PM   #109
Anton
Minors (Double A)

I'd like to see better notation of championships for individual players, be it with an icon like personal awards or with a star or italics in the stat section of a players profile.

Seeing NCAA prospects leave school early on occasion and a better handling of European prospects (from an NHL standpoint) could be of great benefit, as well.

A major second to all of those who said things like saving lines/tactics, more customizing options (league, tactical, whatever you guys have time for ect) and evolution.
Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 12:20 PM   #110
Oyaji
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I may be crazy but I would love for simulation sports games like FHM to have a starting point that kicks off right at the end of the last season. Drafting and free agency are where a lot of the fun lies in these types of games. I mean, which Leaf fan would not want to start their playthrough right now? They get to draft first overall, field offers for the pick, then potentially further reshape the team in free agency and make some trades.

I get the logic in that games always start with a new season but from a managerial perspective, it's the point in time with the least activity and I often feel the first year is just a waiting out period until the fun stuff starts up in another 9 or so months of game play.
Oyaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 02:35 PM   #111
scootermojo
Minors (Double A)

A bold setting for league leaders in a players career statline would be a nice touch, as well, such as this......
Attached Images
scootermojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 06:34 AM   #112
Bookker92
Bat Boy

Would it be possible to have more playable leagues / players in Europe ?
I would be really enthusiast to play the Division 1 or Division 2 in France for example (or in another countries)

Sorry if it is a subject already discussed !
Bookker92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 10:41 PM   #113
josephyw
Minors (Single A)

A couple of additions from my previous post:

-The percentage of generated players that develop position flexibility is very small, if existent. Yet, the only way to build skills at other positions is to throw them completely to the fire and let them flounder in games. There needs to be a way to direct players to develop in different positions--to an extent, of course--without in-game experience.

-Regardless of the shape scouting takes, there needs to be a way to copy/paste assignments between scouts. This would make things so much more efficient than setting each scouting option individually when scouts' assignments only differ slightly.
josephyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 07:43 AM   #114
josephyw
Minors (Single A)

-Older players need the opportunity to develop skills to offset physical limitations. Joe Thorton has turned into a really strong two-way player because he developed defensively in this stage of his career. That wouldn't be possible in this game because there's nowhere to go but down, and player types aren't dynamic.
Old 05-06-2016, 09:56 AM   #115
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookker92 View Post
Would it be possible to have more playable leagues / players in Europe ?
I would be really enthusiast to play the Division 1 or Division 2 in France for example (or in another countries)

Sorry if it is a subject already discussed !
If the WHA wasn't playable (or available) I would take a 12 team Fictional League and turn it into the WHA. The same could be said about any league that isn't playable unless there is more than 36 teams,then you would have a problem.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 05-06-2016 at 09:58 AM.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 02:26 PM   #116
Hank1974
Minors (Double A)

I'd like to toss my hat in the ring and also request that FHM3 has import/export features for online leagues, similar to OOTP.

It's the one thing holding my OOTP league from starting a hockey league.
We have 20 guys chomping at the bit.
Hank1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 03:55 AM   #117
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

I did think recently of one request I don't believe I mentioned before. In fictional mode, can we fix the expansion option so that minor leagues do expand with the pro league? It seems a little unfair to expansion teams that they just have a reserve list for their extra players, meaning they don't develop or get any experience from not playing, while all other teams have proper minor league teams in place. This was something I hoped would be addressed during FHM 2's cycle, but maybe it can be done for 3.
Lord PichuPal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 07:55 AM   #118
josephyw
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord PichuPal View Post
I did think recently of one request I don't believe I mentioned before. In fictional mode, can we fix the expansion option so that minor leagues do expand with the pro league? It seems a little unfair to expansion teams that they just have a reserve list for their extra players, meaning they don't develop or get any experience from not playing, while all other teams have proper minor league teams in place. This was something I hoped would be addressed during FHM 2's cycle, but maybe it can be done for 3.
Just a heads-up: according to the devs, players on the reserve list do develop. Doesn't mean that fictional expansion shouldn't be more robust, but at least the way it is now doesn't theoretically punish expansion teams.
Old 05-08-2016, 06:49 PM   #119
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephyw View Post
Just a heads-up: according to the devs, players on the reserve list do develop. Doesn't mean that fictional expansion shouldn't be more robust, but at least the way it is now doesn't theoretically punish expansion teams.
I probably missed that somewhere along the way then. But also the lack of a minor league team for the expansion teams means less jobs open for all the free agents, since my league has over 800 of them and even just having those two farm teams able to sign some of them would cut that down a little bit. Maybe it's just my mindset of wanting to see more players get a chance to be part of a team and not just sit around doing nothing for a year or two.
Lord PichuPal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 01:13 PM   #120
TNIRISHFAN
Minors (Single A)

I really wish we knew whether or not the online side of this game is getting a upgrade/revamp or not. My league is clamoring to switch to "the other guy" but I've always been an OOTP guy first. We know that online, fictional, and historical are all low priority for the developers as these players are a small percentage of the people that buy the game, so I'm wondering if holding out hope for upgrades for that part of the game is false hope.

And I get it, I'm in business and understand the thought process of spending capital where it does the most good. So I don't blame the developers for not spending their capital on a part of the game that they feel is underutilized. I, however, also have a limited amount of capital and want to spend it where I get the most out of it. As the online part of FHM currently stands, I feel like my capital is under performing. I wrote that off as sunk cost plus wanting to support OOTP developments with FHM2, I'm not sure that I want to do the same thing with FHM3.

So I guess this turned into a rant and I really did not mean for that to happen. Maybe at least an acknowledgement of some of the requests that have been made for the the online version in this thread or a statement letting us know not to get our hopes up would be nice. Here's hoping.
https://simsportsgaming.com
@ootpmanager on twitter
TNIRISHFAN is offline   Reply With Quote