Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-04-2016, 02:26 PM   #1
SerbianEagle
Minors (Single A)

"feel good" story

I have a slow moving Blue Jays dynasty, currently finished 2019 season. A little back story to this...

In the 2016 offseason, Jose bautista signed on with the Yankees ( I couldn't match the money, and probably wouldn't have if I could). I tend to be very selective when it comes to handing out $25mil+/year contracts. and thats exactly what he got.

He had no success with the Yankees who moved him to Pittsburgh in the 2nd year of the contract. His contract expired and he signed on with Oakland, who like the Yankees, traded him. This time he wound up in Boston.

This takes us to trade deadline of the 2019 season. Jose still has the power. the Blue Jays are leading the AL East and are poised for a deep playoff push...

I have a ageing James Shields as my #5 who is not doing anything for me, but Boston needs a pitcher as they were hit by some long term injuries and Shields is on an expiring contract.

I offer Shields for Bautista straight up and it gets accepted. I had room for Bautista due to some injuries as well, but also because he would take some AB's as DH and in the OF as well.

His contract had a clause whereby he is automatically extended if he plays in 135 games. He easily did and contributed with 10 HR's over the rest of the season.

fast forward to game 7 of the World Series. Blue Jays against the Nationals. Bautista wins it with a solo blast, bottom of the 9th. Blue Jays win the World Series.

Two days later, Bautista retires. Holy crap, if a game can bring you to tears, that almost did it.
SerbianEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 02:31 PM   #2
GoPedro99
All Star Reserve

that's awesome!!
GoPedro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:33 PM   #3
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

it's moments like those that makes these games feel incredible. And makes you the GM feel powerful Thanks for sharing! Something similar happened to me but I was at the losing end of things with a player i disposed of. lol
Old 01-04-2016, 07:56 PM   #4
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Great stuff, brother.

My guess is that you play out your league slowly. You're in 2019 and you have OOTP 16. So, basically you played 4 seasons in 1 year. That's a really good pace. This game is so much fun when taken slowly.

Personally, I love stories like this.

On an aside, I like to take nice long breaks after each season...maybe a month or so real time. It's my version of an off season. I used to sim so fast I missed out on all the fun.

Thanks for posting this awesome story. You should write an article as if you were a sports writer and post to the dynasty report section. As much as I love following entire dynasty report like the Racoons I totally love reading short little "to the point" articles.

If you're interested, I look forward to your article.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.

Last edited by Honorable_Pawn; 01-04-2016 at 07:58 PM.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 10:15 PM   #5
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

That's a great story... such a great game OOTP.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 11:01 PM   #6
AdamJones113
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Woooooo! Great story, those are the fantastic moments that make the game.

(Side note: MizzouRah! What up! AJ from OS!)

The Editors Corner
AdamJones113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 09:33 AM   #7
TomVeal
All Star Starter

A somewhat similar story: In an on-line league with fictional players, my team finally, after several seasons of frustration, made it into the championship series. In the second game, a veteran utility infielder won it with a walk-off home run in the tenth inning, the first homer that he had ever hit at the Major League level.

I had planned to release him after the end of the season, in order to make room for younger talent, but now feel obliged to keep him on.
TomVeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 02:19 PM   #8
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJones113 View Post
Woooooo! Great story, those are the fantastic moments that make the game.

(Side note: MizzouRah! What up! AJ from OS!)
What's up!?!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 05:20 PM   #9
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomVeal View Post
A somewhat similar story: In an on-line league with fictional players, my team finally, after several seasons of frustration, made it into the championship series. In the second game, a veteran utility infielder won it with a walk-off home run in the tenth inning, the first homer that he had ever hit at the Major League level.

I had planned to release him after the end of the season, in order to make room for younger talent, but now feel obliged to keep him on.

Big 'ole softy.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote