Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 12-17-2015, 02:21 AM   #1
captaincoop17
All Star Reserve

"Now pitching... Corey Seager?"

I just started a new dynasty as the Dodgers GM and came across this in the 2016 All Star Game...

Going into the 9th with a 7-6 lead, the National League sends Wade Davis back out to start the inning. But, after a one out double by Jose Bautista, the American League tied the game up. Then, for whatever reason, the National League brought in SHORTSTOP COREY SEAGER in relief of Davis. Seager proceeded to walk the first two batters he faced, forcing in one run. Joey Gallo then flew out to center field, scoring Jose Bautista. Seager went on to get the final two batters out to escape the inning.

In the bottom of the 9th, the National League mustered a solo homerun by Addison Russell, but that was all

All I can say is, "Thank you OOTP for giving me the option to turn off home field advantage being determined by the All-Star game."
Attached Images
Image Image 
captaincoop17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 04:26 AM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Cool that he pitched. i have yet to see a position player pitch in a game of any kind.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 10:26 AM   #3
Assos
All Star Starter

I have had it a few times when the game has inched it's way into the low 20s for innings. Sadly, in this league of fiction of which I play, the league voted to a 24 man roster and I never have that extra pinch hitter.
Assos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 10:40 AM   #4
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

I think it's just an unfortunate circumstance of how the AI is coded for all-star games. It's obviously set up so that pitchers only pitch an inning or so, but it's not coded to save a pitcher like most all-star managers do in real life. So when Davis got shelled, there were no more pitchers left and the AI had to turn to a position player.

It's disappointing to see happen, but to me it's just a rare, unfortunate consequence of making sure pitchers don't get over-used in the all-star game.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 10:41 AM   #5
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

go to list all mlb players, and include retired players.

switch to batters only, then turn view to pitching stats and sort.

i've never done this, but i bet it's happened here and there over the history of your league.

i bet some combination of fewer pitchers along with fatigue concerns caused it to happen in the all star game. i.e. the game won't pitch a closer 3 innings or a starter for very long either. it's probably less likely to happen in a regular season game.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 07:04 PM   #6
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assos View Post
I have had it a few times when the game has inched it's way into the low 20s for innings. Sadly, in this league of fiction of which I play, the league voted to a 24 man roster and I never have that extra pinch hitter.
You know what I'd advise. Anyway, depending on the identity of the NL manager, they may have had a reason to pitch Seager...
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 07:11 PM   #7
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Was Pete Rose managing the National League?
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 07:12 PM   #8
RchW
Hall Of Famer

I guess I'm in the minority here. The All Star game is just a blip to me. So a position player pitched. I've had ASG where not a single batter played in their proper position because the AI uses players as bats not whole players.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 08:48 PM   #9
captaincoop17
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
I guess I'm in the minority here. The All Star game is just a blip to me. So a position player pitched. I've had ASG where not a single batter played in their proper position because the AI uses players as bats not whole players.
I usually just sim right through it too, but for some reason I checked the box score on this one lol
captaincoop17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 05:24 PM   #10
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

i go a step further, lol.

after the all-star voting finishes, i remove the all-star game from the event list and delete the exhibition game from the schedule. i think if you leave it in the event list it reschedules it, or it's just overkill on my part.

i want the history of all-star selections, but i don't want the fatigue affecting my pitchers. my custom schedule also saved a couple days by not having 3-4days off around the ASG. i'd rather have 2 extra days off throughout the year than have a meaningless exhibition game. just my opinion. not meaningless to others i am sure.

about seager pitching:
the AL had only 9 pitchers and there is probably a rule in the AI that won't let relievers in the all star game pitch more than 1 inning - or at least limits it in some way. at that point they put in the best positional player option. it is way more likely to happen in an asg than a regular game - which still happens on occassion

i hope it didn't affect corey seager's fatigue like it would a pitcher. they drop so much faster, it would be unfair to seager's team.

Last edited by NoOne; 12-18-2015 at 05:26 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote