Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 11-14-2015, 02:48 PM   #1
Dutch Alexander
All Star Reserve

(Inter)national complex

I've set up a fictional league consisting of a International League with 3 Minor League levels. The lowest level has an age limit of 18, the middle level has an age limit of 21 and the highest has no age limit. What I want is the game to create enough 16-18 year olds to keep the lowest level of Minors supplied. But I want to do this without using the draft as I feel this is not appropriate for an International League. What I've tried to do is create enough young players through International scouting discoveries and International FA's (origin of these players set to match the origin of players in the league so that they are basically domestic scouting discoveries and FA's).

Basically this is working as it creates enough players aged 16-18 to stock the lowest level. But the problem is that all of these players are send to the (Inter)national Complex and the AI refuses to send them to the lowest level. I know players are automatically send to the lowest Minor League level at age 20. But for my league this obviously does not work. Is there a way to lower this age at which they are automatically send to the lowest level?
Dutch Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 04:06 PM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

on the rosters page you can drag them to a minor leauge team at any time.

the ai run teams do this before age 20, i assume? if they don't have the ratings, i think they rot in the complex.

3 levels of minors: A, AA and AAA?

they probably aren't rated well enough to jump from the complex to A. the normal jump is to rookie league type competition.

i'd keep an eye on how you feed your league affects talent distribution. you may want to sim out 50 years with a backup and see what happens in the future.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 04:31 PM   #3
Dutch Alexander
All Star Reserve

The lowest level is highschool level, the next is college level and the highest level is single A. The International league itself is AA / AAA sort of level. I want to use the age limits to make sure young players play against compitition in the same age group. The problem is how to feed the lowest level without a draft.

Since my lowest Minor League level is highschool level you would expect all 16-18 year old scouting discoveries and international amateur FA to be ready for this level. They might not be ready for Rookie League, but highschool level? If not, why were they scouted in the first place?

This league is still in the testing phase. Previously I had a similar setup but with only 1 level of Minor leagues (single A). This level was fed from the (inter)national complex without issues and talent levels in the International League were fine in 50+ year simulations.
Old 11-19-2015, 08:21 AM   #4
Dutch Alexander
All Star Reserve

Well, I can't get it to work like this. I tried it with a draft instead of an (inter)national complex but that also doesn't work. Players created for the draft are aged 17-23 which is too high for my lowest level. I found that when I set the "Created Players Age Minimum" of my international league to 16 then all players created in the draft are 16 years old (except there are always 10 players with a different age somehow? Always 10).

But this still doesn't work. First, the players created in the draft are different from the ones created as amateur FA, so the league totals get all messed up after a few years. Second, after a few years all players in the international league are very young. A lot of the players are now teenagers and 30+ year olds are rare. Looks like they all retire very young? very strange. A lowest minors tier consisting of youth players does not seem to be possible.
I also found that the age limits are only adhered to if the active rosters are set to a limit. If the active rosters have no limits then the age limitsare ignored. Not sure why this is.

I have now simplefied things a bit. I have only 2 levels of Minor Leagues. The lowest level (rookie league) has an age limit of 21 and all teams have an (inter)national complex which feeds the rookie league. The (inter)national complex is fed through (inter)national amateur FA and (inter)national scouting finds. So instead of drafting players teams have to rely on their scouting to find talents and/or enter a bidding war with other teams to acquire the top (inter)national amateur FA's. I think a system like this is more realistic for an international league. As far as I know the draft system only exists in the USA.

Anyway, things seem to be working like this without problems