Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 06-13-2015, 12:29 AM   #1
Clocklamp
Bat Boy

Arrow *ATTN* Contract trade problem/question

Before I report this as a bug...

Anyone know what might be going wrong in 16 with trading to a negative budget team?

Example, in 15, let's say they had negative budget space of $20 mil and I had cash. I had a guy with a $13 mil and they had a guy with $10 mil.

I could send the $13 mil guy and $3.1 mil cash in a trade for the $10 mil guy. Their overall financial position improved, my cash freeing up their budget space to take my guy. In a way, me eating the contract <-- a feature that should be explicit in the game anyway.

Aaaand this doesn't seem to be working in 16. I'm going to assume this has to do with the more explicit differentiation between cash and budget, but.. that breaks the ability for me to eat a contract?

THOUGHTS // CONFIRMATIONS // HELP?
Clocklamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 10:23 AM   #2
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Please post screenshots to show what's going on in this case. What you describe should work, however without actually seeing all the details, there may be other issues at play.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 11:11 AM   #3
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

I have done that on OOTP16 with no problem. Sometimes I will add a draft choice to hopefully entice acceptance of trade. Sometimes works sometimes doesn't. However trying to trade older players for younger ones and hopefully better doesn't always work. phewy LOL
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 11:14 AM   #4
TLB1975
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocklamp View Post
Before I report this as a bug...

Anyone know what might be going wrong in 16 with trading to a negative budget team?

Example, in 15, let's say they had negative budget space of $20 mil and I had cash. I had a guy with a $13 mil and they had a guy with $10 mil.

I could send the $13 mil guy and $3.1 mil cash in a trade for the $10 mil guy. Their overall financial position improved, my cash freeing up their budget space to take my guy. In a way, me eating the contract <-- a feature that should be explicit in the game anyway.

THOUGHTS // CONFIRMATIONS // HELP?
When are you trying to make these trades and is it happening at all points during the season and off-season? I know in the offseason, especially during Free agency, it can be quite difficult because of offered contracts.
TLB1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 04:13 PM   #5
Clocklamp
Bat Boy

RE: Matt Arnold, here's the shot:
http://i.imgur.com/17K2Oyg.png
Add'tl details: Chris Rivers is being paid 10mil/year, Rhett still the minimum.
Thought for a moment this might have to do w/ future financials, but they have more than 25mil coming off the books the next year.

RE: r0nster:
Odd, I simply can't get it to work.

RE: TLB1975:
I'm pretty sure it's happening both during and in the off-season. In the screenshot above, you'll see that team doesn't have any offered contracts anyway, so it should be working, right?

Last edited by Clocklamp; 06-14-2015 at 04:16 PM.
Old 06-14-2015, 04:18 PM   #6
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

doesn't work every time but I will trade top 5 draft pick for a young solid cant miss player. I traded 3 picks plus 2 backup players of 4 stars (I call tradevalue stars). Took me 2 real months to work out a trade for Jose Fernandez. Can be frustrating but rewarding in the end.

Just keep working on it you will find a combination that works to your liking and to AIs
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 09:46 PM   #7
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocklamp View Post
RE: Matt Arnold, here's the shot:
http://i.imgur.com/17K2Oyg.png
Add'tl details: Chris Rivers is being paid 10mil/year, Rhett still the minimum.
Thought for a moment this might have to do w/ future financials, but they have more than 25mil coming off the books the next year.

RE: r0nster:
Odd, I simply can't get it to work.

RE: TLB1975:
I'm pretty sure it's happening both during and in the off-season. In the screenshot above, you'll see that team doesn't have any offered contracts anyway, so it should be working, right?
I did some changes recently which I think should have fixed this. If you want to upload your game (How to FTP files to OOTP Developments - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software), I can look to verify, but I hope I've got the rest of the trade money issues resolved.
Old 06-14-2015, 10:09 PM   #8
TLB1975
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
I did some changes recently which I think should have fixed this. If you want to upload your game (How to FTP files to OOTP Developments - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software), I can look to verify, but I hope I've got the rest of the trade money issues resolved.
Any clarity on what needed to be resolved? Thanks.
TLB1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 10:39 PM   #9
Clocklamp
Bat Boy

Quote:
To clarify, are you saying those changes are coming in the next patch? Thanks for the response.
Old 06-14-2015, 11:20 PM   #10
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Yes, there will be some fixes to bugs in calculating money in trade talks in the next patch due next month. I don't remember what exactly, but I did fix some bug in there. Whether it would fix the case listed above, I can't know without a league file.
Old 06-14-2015, 11:44 PM   #11
Clocklamp
Bat Boy

Quote:
Yes, there will be some fixes to bugs in calculating money in trade talks in the next patch due next month. I don't remember what exactly, but I did fix some bug in there. Whether it would fix the case listed above, I can't know without a league file.
Great. I'll come back around if it remains a problem. Thanks!