Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 11-21-2014, 09:11 PM   #1
Blueland_Aussie
Bat Boy

A Wholehearted Well Done!

Having scrolled through the Forum, there seems to be no shortage of posts, unhelpfully whinging about the game/complaining about the developers etc. I have just bought the game myself the other day and wish to say congratulations, and well done on what could possibly become a truly brilliant game.

Sure, I may not have played it long enough to come across too many glitches and bugs, but I also knew more or less what I was buying. Have been watching this game excitedly since I first heard of it's impending release in it's BETA days. I am no computer genius by any stretch and so patiently waited and watched until it sounded more stable with some of the more serious bugs ironed out. Overall, what you have built looks to be a tremendously in depth. I have played the last few OOTP games, and if development continues, this will certainly be just as brilliant in a few versions time.

The only thing I am really hoping for in the next version is hopefully the ability to change the NHL structure back to the 2 Conference / 6 Division set up of recent seasons, or mainly just the ability to shift teams between Conferences. This is only because I am probably one of the only people in the universe who wants to shift Winnipeg back to Atlanta! (I am still angry at the NHL and have refused to watch a game since the relocation!)
The only other suggestion, would be for sometime in the future, it would be great to have 1 or 2 Minor/Junior leagues in Historical mode. Obviously the Minors couldn't be fully historic because it would probably be impossible to do such research, and not to mention pretty pointless. But even say a Minor League with a structure that mimicked the NHL at that current time, just somewhere to send the unwanted players on the NHL roster where they could also be playing, rather than just on the Reserve List. Although if this never happened it certainly wouldn't bother me.

But finally, again, congratulations. I have played FM and it's predecessor Championship Manager for many years, aswell as the old original EHM and OOTP, and this game really excites me. I am really looking forward to supporting you guys more, and watching this project hopefully grow and develop over the years. EHM was great, but this is shaping up to be the Hockey Manager game I have dreamed of.
Blueland_Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 09:54 AM   #2
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

I love the game too...and I do enjoy playing it for the most part...the only issue I have that really bugs me is seeing top-notch players waived so teams can hit salary figures...it's very frustrating.
Rasmuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 08:14 PM   #3
BradC
All Star Starter

Thanks, guys.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 08:25 AM   #4
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Thanks for the kind feedback! Every sort of feedback is good, even critical one (if presented in a good and productive manner), but some praise always warms our heart
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote