Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2014, 06:32 PM   #1
truebatman
Minors (Double A)

Any opinions on Faceoff Hockey series?

Hey guys,

I'm waiting patiently on FHM cuz that's the game I truly want, however I really would love a hockey game to play now. EHM from what I understand reading the website is it can only be played for 6 months game time, if I understood that right.
But has anyone played Faceoff Hockey from Wolverine Studios??? I love their pro basketball game but was hoping to get some input on their hockey and I figured some of you probably have tried it at some point.
If so is it atleast decent???? Orrrrr not so much? Just hoping to use something until FHM is released.
Thanks guys!
truebatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 02:41 AM   #2
hluraven
Major Leagues

EHM demo can be played for 6 months game-time for free, you can then buy the unlimited full game if you like it.

I still play EHM semi-regularly, an amazing game well before its time.
hluraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 09:50 AM   #3
landru22
Major Leagues

I used to play Faceoff Hockey, but it was quite a few versions ago. It was a really good replay type of game, but there is no career mode.

Another good game, again with no career mode, is Simon T Hockey Simulator.

These were both good games if you had a group of human players, but there is no AI GM.
landru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 12:14 PM   #4
truebatman
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hluraven View Post
EHM demo can be played for 6 months game-time for free, you can then buy the unlimited full game if you like it.

Thanks guys for the response I really appreciate it!
So I CAN buy the full game after the 6 month game time? I just wanted to be sure cuz I thought when I was scanning that blue line forum website where the game is at they said you can no longer purchase the game cuz its not supported or something to that affect. That would be great if I still could purchase it though
Old 11-16-2014, 03:19 PM   #5
hluraven
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebatman View Post
Thanks guys for the response I really appreciate it!
So I CAN buy the full game after the 6 month game time? I just wanted to be sure cuz I thought when I was scanning that blue line forum website where the game is at they said you can no longer purchase the game cuz its not supported or something to that affect. That would be great if I still could purchase it though

Well, you could as of a few months ago, I must admit to not being 100% sure if you still can.
hluraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 04:05 PM   #6
truebatman
Minors (Double A)

Ok Thanks a lot!
I'll try it and see what happens...
Since the faceoff hockey series has no career mode that eliminates that for me so hopefully ehm will work good for me til FHM gets here
Old 11-17-2014, 02:33 PM   #7
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hluraven View Post

the blue line has certainly kept the game alive, no doubt there. It's still fun but shows its age.
Last I heard, you couldn't purchase it any longer.

http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums...rchase#p176013

Is it still possible to buy a copy of EHM 2007? ? EHM The Blue Line

Last edited by dave1927p; 11-17-2014 at 02:35 PM. Reason: added link
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:27 PM   #8
truebatman
Minors (Double A)

Yeah from what I can tell you still cant buy it Dave... which is fine cuz my pc wouldn't download it right, after a few times I just gave up so oh well
Old 11-20-2014, 03:30 PM   #9
GlennN
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebatman View Post
Ok Thanks a lot!
I'll try it and see what happens...
Since the faceoff hockey series has no career mode that eliminates that for me so hopefully ehm will work good for me til FHM gets here
Yep, I'm with you - I had looked at the Faceoff series a few times over the years, each time asking on the forums if they added career play. To the present, the answer is no, but it is something we may do in the future. FHM is much closer to what I am looking for. Still needs work, of course, but definitely in the right direction.
GlennN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 10:55 AM   #10
Fred Shero
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I started playing Action PC hockey myself. Fun putting teams like the 54 HABS and 71 Bruins against each other.
Fred Shero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 03:02 PM   #11
Benoit256
Bat Boy

You can try the demo, Faceoff Hockey Wolverine Studios, but as for myself didn't like the game at all...bunch of 'gibberish' to set up, like nothing I've ever seen before. Eastside Hockey Manager was and remains to this day the best ever, too bad the franchise folded because of theft, those guys knew what they were doing.
Benoit256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 06:33 AM   #12
Edster007
All Star Starter

I played a bit of Face off. The down side as mentioned is the lack if career mode it was "in the works" years ago when Rick Cole was at the helm. The one plus I give it is in the experience of actually playing the games out. I am not a sim player and the interface to change lines and the combinations easily while playing out your games was the thing that kept me coming back.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 09:05 PM   #13
pucku33
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
I played a bit of Face off. The down side as mentioned is the lack if career mode it was "in the works" years ago when Rick Cole was at the helm. The one plus I give it is in the experience of actually playing the games out. I am not a sim player and the interface to change lines and the combinations easily while playing out your games was the thing that kept me coming back.
I am with you 100% there. Thats why OOTP feels perfect, and I assumed FHM was doing the same thing, however it looks like they're going the sim route and not allowing much in-game immersion. A hockey game that allows each player to have a role "shooter, playmaker, 2-way"..etc and actually allow the user to control line changes during the whistle would be amazing.

I think we're stuck with AI though and their boneheaded decisions such as using the 4th line in the last minute of the game and pairing snipers with defensive players or goons. Such frustration.
pucku33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 10:48 AM   #14
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucku33 View Post
I am with you 100% there. Thats why OOTP feels perfect, and I assumed FHM was doing the same thing, however it looks like they're going the sim route and not allowing much in-game immersion. A hockey game that allows each player to have a role "shooter, playmaker, 2-way"..etc and actually allow the user to control line changes during the whistle would be amazing.

I think we're stuck with AI though and their boneheaded decisions such as using the 4th line in the last minute of the game and pairing snipers with defensive players or goons. Such frustration.

I understand I may be in the minority and the majority of players seem to like to sim the games I do hold out hope that in a future version that there comes the ability to become more immersed in the playing out of games.

Thats why I support that the dev team and appreciate how monumental the task is to put such a deep feature rich game out. I will buy the next version the day it comes out. In the startup of a new game I understand the majority needs to be satisfied first. Once they are then I will whine for the minority wants
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote