Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2014, 03:05 PM   #1
Hajew86
Minors (Single A)

New to FHM

With Hockey season starting up I felt inclined to at least try out FHM. Being a hardcore OOTP from nearly the beginning I was very much looking forward to something different like hockey, even though my interest level has never been high. I've started diving in however the one thing I cannot figure out so far is how to get into the "League Structure" window after starting a new game. i.e. being able to change up the division structure and team locations. Am I lost or is this not an apart of the game?
Hajew86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 03:21 PM   #2
GlennN
Minors (Single A)

I think that is when you start a new game. You would start it as a custom game, and then I think you get the screen to change teams/leagues/divisions/etc.
GlennN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 03:25 PM   #3
Hajew86
Minors (Single A)

I did see that option. What about after the game begins? As in after a couple years, should you decide to move an Arizona team to Seattle...for instance, is that possible? Or if you decide to contract a couple teams and realign divisions?
Old 10-11-2014, 04:04 PM   #4
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

You can change the city and team nickname but besides that editing is next too impossible except for player movement on July 1st.

Maybe the next version will have editing enabled but so far mum is the word.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 04:22 PM   #5
Hajew86
Minors (Single A)

Wow...I'm not trying to be harsh but that is downright unacceptable. Now I wish I didn't spend the $20.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:26 PM   #6
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajew86 View Post
Wow...I'm not trying to be harsh but that is downright unacceptable. Now I wish I didn't spend the $20.

That's why I bought the game. So I could have expansion teams,move teams and players from league to league.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:42 PM   #7
Hajew86
Minors (Single A)

Same here. Why wouldn't that be one the top priorities when creating the game? Makes you think
Old 10-11-2014, 05:29 PM   #8
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Same here. Why wouldn't that be one the top priorities when creating the game? Makes you think

Everyone plays the game differently.

I like creating my own League's. It's boring playing the same game everyone else is playing.
Old 10-11-2014, 07:02 PM   #9
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
you need to remember that this is the first version of the game. With each iteration the goal is making more customizable. So it's coming, just not in FHM14.
Old 10-11-2014, 08:32 PM   #10
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

If I recall correctly, there are supposed to be 2 expansion teams added after the first season with the final patch. . .

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 09:29 AM   #11
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Yep-big thumbs up for expansion teams.

It will be interesting too see how long it takes for the new game to arrive since just recently the CHL and ECHL merged and there will be scheduling changes.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:37 PM   #12
Hajew86
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
you need to remember that this is the first version of the game. With each iteration the goal is making more customizable. So it's coming, just not in FHM14.
While I understand that creating a game like this is not an easy undertaking, I do believe the foundation for creating a quality 1st version was there, especially for customization which makes OOTP so much fun. Only attempting to give constructive criticism.
Old 10-13-2014, 05:32 PM   #13
BradC
All Star Starter

Thanks for your feedback, Hajew86. I know a big issue we've run into with customization in FHM is the fact that when you allow customizing more and more things, something is bound to break. Even OOTP isn't immune to that: We've had numerous instances where someone has reported a bug, only to find out that they changed specific things a certain way and it led to a problem that we weren't aware of until someone actually did it.

While we understand the frustration over not being able to modify certain things, we're trying to bring customization into FHM slowly, so we can be sure that everything still works as we add various options. That process is made a it more difficult by the fact that we have 23 leagues in the game, so we have to be sure that the customization option will work across all of them (assuming it's applicable to all of them).
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 06:41 PM   #14
Hajew86
Minors (Single A)

Fair enough. I look forward to seeing the next FHM product.

Another quick question, is it possible to allow a demo download for the next version so that people interested can give it try, that way they know what they're buying?
Old 10-13-2014, 07:13 PM   #15
BradC
All Star Starter

RE a demo: We'll see. Personally, I hope we can release one, since I agree that it's good to allow people to try before they buy, but doing one depends on various things, including availability of our very limited programming resources.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote