Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 10-27-2009, 10:26 PM   #61
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smack8590 View Post
I have a mac and when i updated the game it unliscensed so I put in both liscense numbers/serials and none work now what do i do???????
If you have used both of your serials already then you need to go to
https://www.pisd.co.uk/peds/ootpdev/login.html and request to release your serials.

AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:35 PM   #62
Curtis
Hall Of Famer

Angry

I'll probably get in trouble for saying this, but my feeling is that the problem lies with pisd.

OotPDevelopments switched from their previous Mac licensing handler because pisd claimed to be capable of dealing with both Mac and Linux licenses, with PC licenses hopefully to be added sometime in the future. This opened the game up to a new platform (Linux) and also allowed purchasers with both Mac and Linux (and eventually any) machine to to cross-license without having to pay twice.

It sounds like it should have been a good deal, but at least for me it isn't working out. I don't remember having these problems back when eSellerate handled the Mac license, but they're chronic now. And pisd isn't as easy to deal with when problems develop… as they so frequently do these days.

(Notice that I didn't even bring up the whole pay-pisd-through-PayPal thing, since that actually wasn't a problem for me.)
Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:13 PM   #63
satchel
Hall Of Famer

It seems to be part of company policy to merely name, for example, every version 10 game setup file v10 and not use a more detailed label, but I respectfully suggest that files are given more descriptive names: this patch file could be named OOTP10patch10-04-31.exe or something similar. If the previous file had been named OOTP10patch10-04-30.exe then it would be easy for all users to tell the difference between the various versions.
satchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:46 AM   #64
Malleus Dei
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchel View Post
It seems to be part of company policy to merely name, for example, every version 10 game setup file v10 and not use a more detailed label, but I respectfully suggest that files are given more descriptive names: this patch file could be named OOTP10patch10-04-31.exe or something similar. If the previous file had been named OOTP10patch10-04-30.exe then it would be easy for all users to tell the difference between the various versions.
That's a good idea. Actually, it's kind of standard to do that.

If you're playing pre-1947 American baseball, then the All-American Mod (a namefiles/ethnicites/nation/cities file pack) is for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statfreak View Post
MD has disciples.
Malleus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:55 AM   #65
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malleus Dei View Post
That's a good idea. Actually, it's kind of standard to do that.
It is a good idea. In fact, with every download I rename the file - before the download - to ootp10431 etc... in order to have it available should I need it. I subsequently delete it once I find no difficulties, but for those that have had problems, it'd be a solution for them right at hand until the issues get ironed out. But ultimately, the company naming - and now they are storing past patches - would go a long way to assisting a user's ability to sort out his dilemma.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:39 PM   #66
Curtis
Hall Of Famer

I was going to try posting in Tech Support about my issue, then realized it's a problem with the pisd installer, not the game. Does anyone know how to contact pisd?
Old 10-28-2009, 01:57 PM   #67
phightin
All Star Reserve

I was reading previous posts from the forum to now and if I'm not mistaken it seemed like there was a huge problem with financials when it first came out. If I'm to understand it has that since been fixed in the previous patches with gambos financial file? thanks
phightin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:03 AM   #68
Killing Time
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by phightin View Post
I was reading previous posts from the forum to now and if I'm not mistaken it seemed like there was a huge problem with financials when it first came out. If I'm to understand it has that since been fixed in the previous patches with gambos financial file? thanks
Mostly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
In my best imitation of KT, "I don't know. Would? May? This could have been better. I'm a bit disappointed."
Please don't beat the dead graphics horse.
Killing Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:19 PM   #69
highandoutside
All Star Reserve

Oh, oh...what if I can't find or, probably, deleted my license numbers?
highandoutside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:26 PM   #70
fantom1979
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
I was going to try posting in Tech Support about my issue, then realized it's a problem with the pisd installer, not the game. Does anyone know how to contact pisd?
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/joom...se-issues.html

Or more specifically:

email: peds@pisd.co.uk
support faqs: P.I.S.D. Forums • View topic - Welcome to Webstore Support and Some Common Answers

fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 11:28 AM   #71
highandoutside
All Star Reserve

This is actually serious. Like a complete fool I unlicensed the game, downloaded the patch etc, all the while assuming I had saved the license in my email. As it turns out, I apparently cleared out my email and did not save the license. Is there anything I can do? Now, I have the demo pop-ups. I already bought the game twice this year when I changed to a Mac mid-summer.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:05 PM   #72
robster1225
Hall Of Famer

if you go to the PISD website and set up an account, which I think just needs the email address you used to purchase the game, and you'll have all of your licensing info there.

P.I.S.D. Ltd - Webstore
robster1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:16 PM   #73
highandoutside
All Star Reserve

Robster, thanks man! It worked perfectly. I appreciate you spending the time to help me fix this...
Old 10-31-2009, 03:22 PM   #74
jmel07
Minors (Double A)

Thumbs down

Is there a reason why when selecting a non-default directory that I can't install the patch? The option is completely greyed out.
jmel07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 03:48 PM   #75
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmel07 View Post
Is there a reason why when selecting a non-default directory that I can't install the patch? The option is completely greyed out.
What OS are you using and does the non-default directory actually contain your game at the moment?
Old 10-31-2009, 04:16 PM   #76
jmel07
Minors (Double A)

XP
Installing to D:/OOTP Baseball 10

Game is current there.

Thanks for taking the time to help. Someone in my league (Full Count Baseball League) said that after .29 this would be fixed (had the same problem with that patch), so I was just curious.
jmel07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 04:50 PM   #77
Curtis
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantom1979 View Post
Thank you, fantom.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:56 PM   #78
hank9481
Major Leagues

I'm a Mac user, and I cannot edit human managers. I run a league, and when we have GM changes, my game locks up and shuts down when I try to change human managers. My league is now at a complete stand still so this needs to be resolved. Someone with knowledge of how to fix this, help!
Old 11-01-2009, 04:41 AM   #79
Curtis
Hall Of Famer

This sounds like an issue for either the Tech Support or Online Leagues sections of the Forum. I wish you luck.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:13 AM   #80
fantom1979
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
Thank you, fantom.
Hopefully you get all fixed up. Judging from the posts, this patch has really taken a toll on people that were forced to use PISD.

fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote