Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 02-28-2019, 06:19 AM   #1
MCKDE23
Bat Boy

Thanked 1x in 1 post
Winning in Washington

Bringing a Championship to Washington
I know this is my 3rd new thread in about a month. Until now, I haven’t found a team that has interested me. Perhaps it is better that I play a little offline and bond with a team before starting a thread about said team. But after reflecting on what I like most about baseball I decided to do a Washington Nationals thread.

The Washington Nationals are a special team for me. In a previous thread on my old account, I mentioned that I had gone to a Nationals game with my wife during our honey moon. It was approximately one week after the Navy Yard shooting in Washington D.C., half the city was under construction because of a recent earth quake; which I guess is not so common in the Washington D.C. Area. Therefore, half the monuments were closed. While we were in town, we were looking for something to do, so I called up an uncle who has some connections in the area and he got us baseball tickets for the Washington Nationals vs. the Atlanta Braves.

The tickets were in the Presidential Suite on field level. These tickets were on the Home Side just behind Home Plate. I remember this because I got to talk to Jayson Werth just before the game through the netting by the warm up circle. It was the first time I ever saw Bryce Harper in person. Even back then, he was the best athlete in terms of baseball that I ever seen. It was the first time I saw the Running Presidents. During this time Denard Span was still on his 29-game hit streak. Also, the Team was loaded!

Some pitchers included Dan Haren, Gio Gonzalez, Jordan Zimmermann, Tanner Roark, Stephan Strasburg… The Infield had Ian Desmond, Danny Espinosa, Adam LaRoche, Anthony Rendon and Ryan Zimmerman. The Outfield had Jayson Werth, Denard Span, Scott Hairston Jr, David DeJesus, and of course Bryce Harper.

That Atlanta Braves team wasn’t bad either. Freddie Freeman, , the Upton Brothers, Jason Heyward. Andrelton Simmons, Brian McCann, Brandon Beachy, Freddy Garcia, Tim Hudson, Craig Kimbrel, Kris Medlen, Mike Minor. A lot of those guys filled my fantasy baseball rosters back in the day!

Overall it was my best baseball experience. I’ve been to a Yankees Game, a Cincinnati Game (against Cleveland), Several Tigers Game, Wrigley Field. I’ve seen a few near almost perfect games in person. However, this experience was the best because I was newly married, and it was my first game with my wife. Until now I could not find a favorite baseball team. Perhaps the Washington Nationals are that team that I’ve been looking for. Guess its time to Buy a few Hats!

So, I am using the base 18 OOTP game. However, I am going to base my opening day off of 2019… with the caveat that Bryce Harper signs a 10 year $300m contract with the Nationals.

Here are the ownership deals:
1) Achieve a Winning Record (Easy)
2) Extend Bryce Harper
3) Acquire a Cy Young Caliber Player (Hard)
4) Reach the World Series

Here is our starting Lineup:
SP) Max Scherzer
CL) Sean Doolittle

SS – Trea Turner
1B – Ryan Zimmerman
RF – Bryce Harper
3B – Anthony Rendon
2B – Brian Dozier
LF – Adam Eaton
CF – Michael A. Taylor
SP-
C – Kurt Suzuki

Let’s Play Ball!

Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

2018 NATS -

Last edited by MCKDE23; 02-28-2019 at 12:33 PM.
MCKDE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 03:56 PM   #2
MCKDE23
Bat Boy

Thanked 1x in 1 post
Breaking News

Bryce Harper just signed a 13-year $330m with the Philadelphia Phillies... So I sent him there as commissioner. We wish him luck! OF - Victor Robles will pick up his space.

In other news:

I found Cincinnati prospect Jesse WInker in the Free Agency department. I don't know if its a glitch but I picked him up. He will now play LF and share the outfield with CF - Michael Taylor and CF - Victor Robles!

The Immaculate Inning
Stephan Strasburg pitched an Immaculate Inning on April 7th, 2018 - against the New York Mets. During the Top of the 3rd, Strasburg struck out RHP - Steven Matz, UTIL - Jose Reyes, and 2B - Asdrubal Cabrera in just 9 pitches. This help lead the Nations to a victory!

Walking off to Walk Off?
Brian Dozier helps finish off the come back on April 5th against the Mets with a Walk-Off - Walk-Off. The Nats were trailing 4-5 against the Mets, as Brian Dozier smashed a solo Home Run to tie the game and force overtime. In the top of the 13th, Amed Rosario answered the call with a solo Home Run of his own. However, RHP - Paul Seward was not able to hold down the Nats offense, walking the bases loaded and eventually walking 2B - Brian Dozier to bring in the winning run. What a crazier series!
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 

2018 NATS -
Thank you for this post:
pauwoo (03-01-2019)
Old 03-03-2019, 02:38 PM   #3
MCKDE23
Bat Boy

Thanked 1x in 1 post
Eaton Walks Off

The Washington Nationals continue their hot streak as they win game 1 of a 3 game series against rival Atlanta Braves. The stage was set for a 3-2 win on another strong start by Anibal Sanchez. Sanchez went 7 IN, giving up 1 Run on 7 Hits and 10 Strikeouts. This lead to a Save situation for Closer Sean Doolittle.

Doolittle was not able to complete the game after he blew his save in the top of the 9th. Until this point in the season, Doolittle was 4 for 4 on Save Attempts.

In the top of the 10th, Howie Kendrick lead off with a Single. Then, pitcher Enny Romero completed a sacrifice bunt to put Kendrick into scoring position. 3B - Anthony Rendon took an Intentional Walk after a Wild Pitch advanced the runners. This subsequently lead to the bases loaded. Finally, Eaton was able to finish the Walk Off with a base hit single to win the game. The Nationals will head on to game 2 against the Braves as Max Scherzer takes on Julio Teheran.
Attached Images
Image Image 

2018 NATS -

Last edited by MCKDE23; 03-03-2019 at 02:40 PM.