Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 24 > OOTP 24 - Historical & Fictional Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 24 - Historical & Fictional Simulations Discuss historical and fictional simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 08-13-2023, 09:33 AM   #1
seasideda
Minors (Double A)

Editing Player Contracts for Historical Replay

Im starting an historical replay in 1974, and will Manage and GM the Redsox. Although Im ok with players being traded and enable trades (on low) I also want other teams to keep superstar players that played their entire careers on the same team as in real life. Im also playing with financials turned on. I don't want to use "historical transactions" because I like the idea of having salaries and signing extensions...(So fisk doesn't become a free agent in 1980)

Since I can sign my own Red Sox players, the only way I can think to do this is to edit the other team players' contracts and salaries in the player editor, which I don't want the AI to trade. For example, Mike Schmidt I would edit his contract to 15 years adding a no-trade option.
Will this work? Also, I notice that even though I edited his contract to "no trade", he is willing to be traded to certain teams. How do I prevent that?
seasideda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 07:17 PM   #2
luckymann
Hall Of Famer

Not really, the only way would be to scrap trading altogether.

That said, the lower frequency you set trading to the better chance you have of this playing out how you want. So on ALMOST NEVER, you'd have a high likelihood of players staying on their original clubs for life. But it makes for a very static league.

Personally, I'd set trading to LOW or AVERAGE and then draw up and maintain a shortlist of NO-TRADE players from season to season and just reverse any trades involving them that happen. But it's messy. Would love to see the game incorporate and option that could be applied to certain players in this way.

G

Last edited by luckymann; 08-13-2023 at 07:20 PM.
luckymann is offline   Reply With Quote