Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 01-05-2020, 07:54 PM   #61
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbqs View Post

P425 might be the most polarized league I've been in yet! So many 100-game winners... lost out in the wild card round :-(
Pretty sure you got put in what's left of the "whale league."

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 08:18 PM   #62
Magus978
All Star Starter

Good news - Steelport advance to their second PL World Series after a tough 6 game series against the Chambersburg Retro 80's.

Bad news - Underdog Newport News Builders (83-79) could not finish the job against megawhale Toyosu Haruki, losing in 7 games.

We are a huge underdog, and I have a feeling I know how the script goes. Big whale wins in 4 straight, Magus left heartbroken and titleless for the 4th straight week. This script doesn't interest me, so I'm going to sleep for a little bit.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 08:26 PM   #63
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

After a 4-3 loss in 10 innings, that makes 3 straight losses for the Frogs in the Sub-League Series. We're ~6 min away from capping one of the best regular seasons with one of the worst postseason collapses.

EDIT: And the Frogs stave off epic collapse with a 7-5 win behind Ed Walsh. Frogs vs Melonheads for the medallion. Frogs will be a massive favorite, but the Melonheads have the look of destiny this week...

Last edited by waittilnextyear; 01-05-2020 at 08:33 PM.
Old 01-05-2020, 08:46 PM   #64
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Unless the Fighting Pappyzans can hold off the Bombers, I think your Raccoons are headed for an epic PL series date with those Bronx Bombers. No offense to the LG Twins or the team that CrazyWR and his dad are managing, but it'll be tough for anyone else to elbow in on the party.
We're headed for an epic PL series date (more likely, an epic drubbing) with the Bronx Bombers. We survived the LG Twins in 6. Games 4 and 5 were walk-off wins for us. 4 of the 6 games were decided in the last inning so it was a tough one for us.

I always like playing a great team like the Bombers for all the marbles, but this just doesn't seem like the best year for that. Our best pitcher (normally) is Schilling and he's not pitched well this year nor in the playoffs. The less than perfect, perfect Pedro has been pretty good and Seaver's been terrific, but we really need Schilling to come through for us to have a chance. Well, hopefully we'll make it interesting at least.

Last edited by old timer; 01-05-2020 at 08:50 PM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 09:36 PM   #65
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Red Ruffing throwing a 2-hitter Maddux against the Melonheads in G1 is a nice start to this PL Series. Ruffing had been having a really ruff go of it in the playoffs until then...

Old 01-05-2020, 10:41 PM   #66
old timer
Hall Of Famer

So far, so OK. We won the 1st game 4-2 behind Seaver (vs Peak Pedro). Normally, he'd be in the bullpen, but he's done so well in the starting rotation this year, I thought he'd be a good choice and he again did well vs the Bombers (he pitched well in a loss to the Bombers during the regular season).

In game 2, it was our record breaker Pedro vs Walter. The only run of the game came in the 1st. Unfortunately, it was their half of the 1st.

So we head to the Evergreen Forest and will face Cy Young, but I'm not sure who'll I'll start. It's supposed to be Schilling and in any other year, I'd want him in there, but now I'm not sure.

It's really hard to beat a team like the Bombers not only because of them having the top players, but also because they're so well balanced. They had the best D, 2nd in SB, 5th in HR and 1st in AVG, etc. Of course, the pitching is all top notch too.

Our 3 regular season games went like this: 0-3, 3-4 and 5-3 (our score 1st)
The 2 post-season games: 4-2, 0-1

So it's 12 R for us and 13 R for them in 5 games. When will the offensive explosion happen?
Old 01-05-2020, 10:55 PM   #67
Jackgoboom
Minors (Single A)

Sorry I haven't been engaged as much this season guys, been a bit of a tough period for the land down under. Although me and mine are safe, lots of friends and family have been impacted by the fires. So Ill respectfully disengage from our little group next season, hopefully to sign up again down the track.

Plus I cant handle another post season thrashing. What a time to log in
Jackgoboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 10:58 PM   #68
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
So far, so OK. We won the 1st game 4-2 behind Seaver (vs Peak Pedro). Normally, he'd be in the bullpen, but he's done so well in the starting rotation this year, I thought he'd be a good choice and he again did well vs the Bombers (he pitched well in a loss to the Bombers during the regular season).

In game 2, it was our record breaker Pedro vs Walter. The only run of the game came in the 1st. Unfortunately, it was their half of the 1st.

So we head to the Evergreen Forest and will face Cy Young, but I'm not sure who'll I'll start. It's supposed to be Schilling and in any other year, I'd want him in there, but now I'm not sure.

It's really hard to beat a team like the Bombers not only because of them having the top players, but also because they're so well balanced. They had the best D, 2nd in SB, 5th in HR and 1st in AVG, etc. Of course, the pitching is all top notch too.

Our 3 regular season games went like this: 0-3, 3-4 and 5-3 (our score 1st)
The 2 post-season games: 4-2, 0-1

So it's 12 R for us and 13 R for them in 5 games. When will the offensive explosion happen?
second season we face, glad we're finally in an all WS showdown and as always very tough games.

I have to say this was a great season regardless of the final results, the Washington Senators put up an amazing fight, quite frankly, we were lucky to win that game 5 with some extra inning late magic.

Unfortunately for us, we peaked at the wrong time and had our worst September ever this season.

That said, it's moments like this that I cherish the most.

Best of luck!

X3NEIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 10:59 PM   #69
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDodgers View Post
Belfast out.

One game playoff is tough. Even when you have a record 20 games better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 11:00 PM   #70
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
I'm gonna exit the Old Timer 5 this week, had a really tough division draw the past 2 weeks. My father had a stroke last Sunday morning, so I've paid attention to my team a lot less than in weeks past. Things are going really well compared to others I know who've had a stroke, but please send your thoughts and prayers this way.

EDIT: the Lefty Grove closer experiment went better than expected, only blew one save out of 30-ish chances with a 1.99 ERA. Will try it again next week.

Sorry to hear about your Dad.

Old 01-05-2020, 11:02 PM   #71
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by macacks View Post
Before the league kicks off you can find it in the reports menu like you would for OOTP. after the season kicks off it is not available.

That is a small window on a Monday morning. Great report to grab before the season starts.

Old 01-05-2020, 11:05 PM   #72
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbqs View Post

P425 might be the most polarized league I've been in yet! So many 100-game winners... lost out in the wild card round :-(

Tough wildcard matchup. Stone Island is a good team.

Old 01-05-2020, 11:08 PM   #73
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackgoboom View Post
Sorry I haven't been engaged as much this season guys, been a bit of a tough period for the land down under. Although me and mine are safe, lots of friends and family have been impacted by the fires. So Ill respectfully disengage from our little group next season, hopefully to sign up again down the track.

Stay safe down there.

Old 01-05-2020, 11:09 PM   #74
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
I'm gonna exit the Old Timer 5 this week, had a really tough division draw the past 2 weeks. My father had a stroke last Sunday morning, so I've paid attention to my team a lot less than in weeks past. Things are going really well compared to others I know who've had a stroke, but please send your thoughts and prayers this way.

EDIT: the Lefty Grove closer experiment went better than expected, only blew one save out of 30-ish chances with a 1.99 ERA. Will try it again next week.
Hoping for a speedy recovery for your dad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackgoboom View Post

Stay safe!

Old 01-05-2020, 11:15 PM   #75
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

I was afraid of this...the Melonheads are forcing us to play their brand of deadball-era baseball. The Frogs scored 1037 runs during the regular season, but have only managed 8 runs total in the first three games of the PL Series.

The upside to that is that the Melonheads are having a tough go at scoring runs themselves. They've targeted and trained what looks like the best possible defensive option at each position (that is relatively easy to come by). Then, they proceeded to lower all ballpark factors to minimum.

This all adds up to a 2-1 series lead for the Frogs (2-0, 4-6, 2-0). But, I fear too many more close ones will start going the other way. I do, however, feel pretty good about gold Dizzy Dean and gold Brett Anderson taking the bump for the Melonheads next. That, however, would make losses in either game 4/5 to be especially difficult for the Frogs to stomach.

Old 01-05-2020, 11:36 PM   #76
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P410: Lucky Number Seven

In 2059, in P410, Huntley was fortunate enough to take home the title, defeating the Pacific Sixers in the Perfect League Series, 4 games to 1. SS Ozzie Smith took home the MVP with a .400/.381/.600 batting line and, presumably, excellent defense.

Ozzie also took home Huntley's only Great Glove (4.37 RF, +14.8 ZR, 1.073 EFF) and was one of 6 Huntley batters to earn a Platinum Stick (.301/.383/.420, 24 SB, 103 R, 122 wRC+), joining C Yogi Berra (.320/.392/.504, 145 wRC+), 3B George Brett (.323/.381/.520, 143 wRC+), LF Mickey Mantle (.294/.391/.495, 28 HR, 111 R, 141 wRC+), CF Ken Griffey Jr (.270/.359/.515, 28 HR, 102 RBI, 134 wRC+), and DH Barry Bonds (.268/.396/.547, 43 HR, 134 R, 153 RBI, 153 wRC+).

In a nice surprise, Huntley's Harry Brecheen took home the NC Reliever of the Year Award (48 G, 93.0 IP, 8 SV, 10.0 IRS%); Lee Smith placed third. Unsurprisingly, triple-crown-winning Rube Waddell unanimously snagged the NC Pitcher of the Year Award; joining him in the voting results were Ed Walsh (second), Curt Schilling (third), Rube Marquard (fourth), and slacker Roger Clemens (a mere seventh).

Waddell did manage to surprise, however, as he was also awarded the NC MVP Award with 18 first-place votes, beating out teammate Barry Bonds (12 first-place votes). Huntley players actually placed first, second, third, fourth, sixth, seventh, eighth, ninth, eleventh, twelfth, and sixteenth in the MVP voting, which is ridiculous but awesome (but mostly ridiculous).

This is the best season Huntley will ever have in PT 2.0. I feel so incredibly blessed with the good fortune the team has experienced. Thanks to Markus and crew for creating such a fun new addition to OOTP!

Congrats to all 2059 champions! See you in 2060!

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 11:39 PM   #77
Magus978
All Star Starter

I entered this week coming off three straight weeks of heartbreak among three different teams.

We exit this week with the legacy of failure extinguished, and with the family's first PL title. The Steelport Saints rule P468, and there will be a huge party back in Stilwater, where the "Third Street Saints" first got their start.

Old 01-05-2020, 11:40 PM   #78
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
Though your Mustangs have not won a Perfect title yet, they are loaded with talent and could most likely represent the AC in the World Series. You are currently #3 in the power ratings. But those Hawks and Poets are hard to beat in the NC. Need NC playoff upsets to win this one!
swept exeter after overcoming 0-2 to win the previous round in 7

funny game this is. exeter looks like the best team money can buy, I dont think they are missing any cards except for the new TotD so I'm sure they will have those next season
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 11:54 PM   #79
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Now we're knotted up at 2-2. We lost the 3rd game 6-2 with Schilling having another poor start. I was favoring replacing him with Sutton, but decided not to and now regret it. In game 4, we won 6-1 beating Maddux. Now it's back to Seaver vs best Pedro again.

If there's a game 7, I'm definitely not using Schilling - it's just not his year.

Edit: The Bombers won game 5, 6-5. We knocked out peak Pedro in the 4th inning, but Seaver got knocked out in the 6th (both gave up 5 R). In the top of the 9th, Wheat doubled with 2 outs followed by a Trout single and took the 6-5 lead. In the bottom of the 9th, Robinson singled and with 2 outs, Suzuki singled. Then Babe Ruth walked to load the bases. The guy I'd most like to have at the plate with bases loaded and 2 outs is Keeler and that's who I had up. But he struck out to end it so now it's back to the Bronx, down 3-2. It will be Pedro for us vs Walter again (they won 1-0 last time).

Last edited by old timer; 01-06-2020 at 12:25 AM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 12:29 AM   #80
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
I think it is. I'm going on record saying this week is the week. I think your Saints finally have the top end starting pitching required to pull it off. The lineup has already been title-worthy for at least a few weeks now in my completely irrelevant opinion. This coupled with a clear path to winning the division...the ingredients are there.
waittilnextyear is wise.

Also, GO MAGUS! GO MAGUS! GO MAGUS!

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote