Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2018 > MLBM 2018 - General Discussions

MLBM 2018 - General Discussions Talk about MLB Manager 2018, the baseball management game for iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android.

Old 04-01-2018, 05:09 AM   #1
bababui
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Why wasn't there a memory warning on the purchase page of this game?

This game eats disc space and doesn't work properly if there isn't enough left. Ethics should dictate a warning to potential buyers; especially those of us on phones who are memory challenged.

Do not buy this game unless you have a decent amount of memory....like 2 gigs especially for dynasty leagues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny P. View Post
Try to rob me at gun point, I'll just kick your ass. No cops needed!
bababui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:06 AM   #2
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababui View Post
This game eats disc space and doesn't work properly if there isn't enough left. Ethics should dictate a warning to potential buyers; especially those of us on phones who are memory challenged.

Do not buy this game unless you have a decent amount of memory....like 2 gigs especially for dynasty leagues.
In the app store description it lists the game as 177MB. Common sense would dictate that if you then buy all seasons and save games the storage needed would increase and depending upon how many game saves you have going at once (I usually have 3 different saves going) storage my vary. I first played iOOTP 11 on my 16GB iPhone 4 without issue. We can question why the game doesn't have a certain feature but I respectfully see no reason to question ethics.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 12:45 PM   #3
bababui
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
In the app store description it lists the game as 177MB. Common sense would dictate that if you then buy all seasons and save games the storage needed would increase and depending upon how many game saves you have going at once (I usually have 3 different saves going) storage my vary. I first played iOOTP 11 on my 16GB iPhone 4 without issue. We can question why the game doesn't have a certain feature but I respectfully see no reason to question ethics.
You obviously:

1) Didn't have much on your phone

and

2) Have little experience with mobile games

The issues I mentioned above apply to absolutely no other game or app I have ever used. Because of the unique issues of games not saving properly without adequate memory its incumbent on the developers to prominently state the issue and recommend the amount of disc space required to play the game. Its common sense.

Also, no one even did a cursory play through to ensure the games rules are up to date. Why is the app still using the 15 day DL?

The game is fun for what it is but if they are going to charge for it it has to be up to date and work properly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny P. View Post
Try to rob me at gun point, I'll just kick your ass. No cops needed!
bababui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 09:06 PM   #4
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bababui View Post
You obviously:

1) Didn't have much on your phone

and

2) Have little experience with mobile games

The issues I mentioned above apply to absolutely no other game or app I have ever used. Because of the unique issues of games not saving properly without adequate memory its incumbent on the developers to prominently state the issue and recommend the amount of disc space required to play the game. Its common sense.

Do you want someone to hold your hand to while they tell you all the specs?

Also, no one even did a cursory play through to ensure the games rules are up to date. Why is the app still using the 15 day DL?

The game is fun for what it is but if they are going to charge for it it has to be up to date and work properly.
You probably should delete some of the obvious crap apps you got on your phone. Meh. I see you got 1 infraction already, no wonder

Last edited by Bunktown Ballers; 04-25-2018 at 09:08 PM.
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:20 PM   #5
daves
Hall Of Famer

My last 3 version total less than a gig of memory on my iPhone with many leagues and dynasties included.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:30 PM   #6
demjansk1942
Minors (Single A)

Does this game work on an Android or Kindle?
demjansk1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 01:25 PM   #7
Stumpy Santo
Bat Boy

Andriod, yes. Kindle, no.
Stumpy Santo is offline   Reply With Quote