Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - New to the Game?

OOTP 20 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 07-01-2019, 11:09 PM   #1
BabyDollJacobson
Minors (Single A)

importing players/teams from another league

I have an 80 team league.
I am looking to create a 'new game' but import all the teams/players/etc. into the new league.
The data and statistics are not crucial/necessary.

Can someone tell me how to do this?

I am also planning on removing all prior stats (if possible) of all players - so the league would be as if everyone player is a rookie.
BabyDollJacobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 07:21 AM   #2
sprague
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyDollJacobson View Post
I have an 80 team league.
I am looking to create a 'new game' but import all the teams/players/etc. into the new league.
The data and statistics are not crucial/necessary.

Can someone tell me how to do this?

I am also planning on removing all prior stats (if possible) of all players - so the league would be as if everyone player is a rookie.

What you have to do is save that league as a template. That is from the main game options menu.

Then in the new game you create, you go back to the same menu area, and choose to import a template, the one you have just made (which will be found in the world templates folder)

Let me know if you need more help with it

Also in the game options menu is a button for "delete all stats". Click that and all the players will have no stats to their name. Do that in the original game BEFORE you send it to a template...

Last edited by sprague; 07-02-2019 at 07:22 AM.
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 05:00 PM   #3
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

you could just copy the .lg folder and rename it, then erase history, stats, service time -- all functions on the main league settings screen.

if date is no concern, this may be the simplest way.

as long as it's a new name, you can backup without destroying old league's backup folder too.

or, simply do a backup, then close and rename the .lg folder. the backup will have everything. new name will backup to new folder -- *** make sure to use 'full backup' or similar checkbox option when backing up 'new' league for first time after you delete history and such.

a backup would take less time if one exists than copying a folder in windows/macos etc. less stuff to copy, since it is incremental.

even so, templates are extremeley useful.

i like to make a template of any league i create -- during creation so that it's a small file without players. a template created after you load leauge for first time will have all the players included with the template. a good habit to get into before loading your league the first time.

heck, i make multiple templates as i custumize settings for a new creation. fall-back save points that i'll delete later. a final customized template is all i save long-term.

Last edited by NoOne; 07-02-2019 at 05:05 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 04:33 PM   #4
BabyDollJacobson
Minors (Single A)

Thank you

That was both simple and logical.

Seems to have worked.
Checking it out now.
BabyDollJacobson is offline   Reply With Quote