Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 10-01-2019, 11:41 AM   #521
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
What is his stuff rating as a reliever?

I agree that he is undervalued. The last 7 is 46K, and he is comparable to cards in the 60-70K range.
Stuff is 88 as a starter and 96 as a reliever. Nice boost thanks to a wicked curveball. I have an all-lefty rotation with that team, so Bender fits nicely in the bullpen. He doesn't have a face though, hopefully the facegen mod guys add his picture (thanks to those guys).
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 11:52 AM   #522
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
Stuff is 88 as a starter and 96 as a reliever. Nice boost thanks to a wicked curveball. I have an all-lefty rotation with that team, so Bender fits nicely in the bullpen. He doesn't have a face though, hopefully the facegen mod guys add his picture (thanks to those guys).
Check your fg_files folder. You may have a Chief Bender. If so, rename the file to Charles (or make a copy and rename that so you have it covered either way).

Last edited by Orcin; 10-01-2019 at 11:54 AM.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 01:19 PM   #523
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Discounted diamond packs for two weeks, should send some prices crashing down.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 08:49 PM   #524
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Closing in on the complete Braves collection for 100 John Smoltz...

If anyone is willing to post either a 91 All-Star Hank Aaron or a 96 Rookie Sensation Dusty Baker for something significantly less than 100K, I'd be interested. Whoever is keeping the 96 Dusty Baker up for 100K is definitely not getting my business.

Also, if anyone has a spare 75 Rookie Sensation Jim Turner (Boston Braves) and/or 81 Rookie Sensation Joey Jay (Milwaukee Braves), I'd take either one off your hands for double the last 7-day price.
Picked up Turner and Jay; thanks to whoever posted them.

Now just waiting out the 91 Hank Aaron or 96 Uncle Dusty Baker. I like the fact that the bidding price has dropped to 70K from 100K, but maybe it can drop a bit further. I imagine the diamond pack sale will put more pressure on the seller(s) as well. The Braves collection is pretty expensive as it is and the 100 Smoltz will only go down in value, so the position on these diamond bottleneck cards should start to change.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 08:53 AM   #525
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Starting to see some movement already. Made great progress last night, only have two more missions to go to get Smoltzie.

Alas, one of them is, of course, the 91 Hank/96 Dusty bottleneck.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:01 AM   #526
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

one away for oakland, two away for cleveland, one away for san diego

did manage to snipe and flip a couple of the bottlenecks I already had for instant 20K profits so I can afford some markup on the ones I need now. The botched last 7 stats really hurts out of the loop players but I'll take the points
Old 10-02-2019, 09:37 AM   #527
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Thanks to whoever posted them, but managed to grab the last 3 pieces needed to finish the Rangers missions yesterday. Was waiting forever for a Wilson priced under the 12-20k that he was always listed for, so when I saw him for like 4 and change, immediate buy-now. Then A-Rod wasn't too badly priced, and just had to wait to make sure I won the Howard auction overnight, and was all set. Pudge has always been one of my favorite Catchers, so definitely excited to see him in my lineup.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 05:24 PM   #528
Argonaut
All Star Starter

For some reason I'm doing the Blue Jays missions even though they don't look to be good value. Just have the required Diamond cards left. So if anyone pulls some historical Jays from the Diamond Packs that they don't want, let me know.
Old 10-02-2019, 07:31 PM   #529
gemini615
All Star Reserve

I decided to work on the Live Oakland A's mission after I unpacked one of the two diamonds needed. It took me about a week to complete and was relatively painless. I only had to overpay for one card (71 Manaea for a ridiculous 4k because he never showed up in the AH) but everything else was fairly priced. The reward was a 94 Eddie Plank which I'm using, but his last 7 was about 25k, so I actually feel like I came out ahead.
I haven't done many of the Live missions (Baltimore, Cleveland, and Oakland) so I don't know which ones are the most beneficial in regards to points spent versus rewards gained. I typically don't start missions unless I pull one of the top cards first. Any recommendations regarding Live missions?
gemini615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 08:06 PM   #530
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

phillies is good. tigers probably close to even
Old 10-02-2019, 11:40 PM   #531
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Finished the 6-mission Atlanta Braves collection last night after getting an assist on the 91 Hank Aaron card from a fellow poster on this forum. And then he turned around and popped out 300K worth of Roger Connor from the diamond packs he bought with the Aaron money. Win win situation.

Total outlay for the Braves was 160K. I'm not including the 45K I spent on PEAK Chipper Jones in this amount because I bought that card for my main team well before I decided to do these missions and it's still starting.

Sold SE Johnny Sain for 8K and SE Billy Wagner for 17K, Will clear about 33K for the trio of Evans/Justice/Garber when they sell. So, that's 58K of the 160K recouped.

If I end up keeping both the Hornsby and Smoltz cards, it'll end up costing me a net of about 100K. Not terrible by any means (Smoltz is still fetching well over 200K), but this set of missions isn't for the faint of heart. Lots of sneaky golds to track down before even worrying about the Aaron/Baker bottleneck. I did really want to put that Smoltz in the bullpen as a stopper supreme though so I'm pretty happy with the result.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 09:18 AM   #532
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Checked the AH before heading out to work this morning and was happy to see a 95 Peavy at just 25K BIN after a comparable 92 Street sold for 33K overnight. Snapped him up to finish off the Padres, fresh Hoffman is on the auction house right now. If he doesn't sell I may just keep him for a while since he's pretty similar to the top perfect CL like Lee Smith.

Looking for the 90 Averill (isn't everyone) and 90 Seybold (never seen before) to finish off the Indians and Athletics now. I don't think any other mission collections are worth doing since there are either too many cards required or the rewards are complete junk like the Cubs/Reds, but I've been buying up every diamond I can during this pack sale that is under 10K for the teams that haven't been released yet.

Last edited by dkgo; 10-04-2019 at 09:27 AM.
Old 10-04-2019, 11:03 AM   #533
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
For what it's worth the remaining team missions are:

Yankees
Tigers
Astros
Angels
Phillies
Mets
Cardinals
Brewers
Dodgers
Giants

Many guessed Boudreau for the Indians as the top reward card. What's your guess for the top reward card for these teams?
Thinking about this some. Most of the elite SEs are pitchers except for Boudreau so would be nice to see some bats mixed in.

I'm also holding out some hope for a "Perfect Pack" which obviously contains a guaranteed perfect card. A cool add-on to the Yankees maybe since all their best players already have 100 versions. EV of this is probably around 50K

I also think it would be cool to group together the newer franchises into a collection to make them worth doing. Rays/Rockies/Marlins/Dbacks = SE Jose Fernandez and a diamond pack.
Old 10-04-2019, 12:03 PM   #534
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

I'm expecting some sort of high diamond Jeter for one of the Yanks missions at the very least
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 12:07 PM   #535
bailey
Hall Of Famer

The Yankee mission will probably be not worth it--there are so-o-o-o many cards to collect and who is left out of the game already? They also promise super rare cards for winning certain tournaments, but super rare does not mean super good.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 12:31 PM   #536
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWR View Post
I'm expecting some sort of high diamond Jeter for one of the Yanks missions at the very least
same, unfortunately the lack of defense probably would make it close to unplayable

already having 94 and 99 ruth locked should make at least one mission easy
Old 10-04-2019, 12:43 PM   #537
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

at this point, what missions are still plus EV?

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 01:03 PM   #538
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Ive done white sox, braves, mariners, expos, twins, rangers, padres, indians, and athletics collections. all solidly profitable if you put the time in. Then there are enough duplicated requirements from those to only need a few cards for random things like the ichiro hit parade and some other decent stuff. live phillies for the dykstra is probably still easy 10k profit.

looked over the other major team collections and they seem break even at best
Old 10-04-2019, 01:05 PM   #539
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

it is a bit exhausting though. I can only play ultimate team every other year just because its so much time investment and I will probably be burned out on ootp next year too unless there is a big structural improvement
Old 10-04-2019, 01:10 PM   #540
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Would be nice if there was a bid/ask system in the market for all cards and no timers/re-listing. Want a card? Set a bid price and go about your day. Selling a card? Set an ask price and go about your day.

Then the market would find the true price of things, and you wouldn't have to spend so much time scouring the AH. Assembling a team is fun, collecting is fun, but scouring the AH is painful, boring, and time consuming.