Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team > PT Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

PT Dynasty Reports Tell us about your very own Perfect Team!

Old 03-28-2019, 08:29 AM   #1
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

PT20-2019, Pontiac Starchiefs(F2P) & Chandler Electrics(P2P)

Back from weekend getaway...

Pontiac Starchiefs(F2P)

The Starchiefs did not do so well in the Entry Pool and landed in the Iron Level. Although, since that time, we have picked up a few players in the AH that have helped. With little money to spend(1500 APs), however, this will be a long, uphill battle.

Chandler Electrics(P2P, Total Cash Investment $100., about $40 spent so far)

Chandler not only did Ok in the Entry Pool, but has jumped to the top of the Bronze 246 league, leading by 6 games. My initial card-pull for this team was better than for Pontiac, and I invested early to get a jump start. Assuming I can hold onto the lead, I'll take my time looking for the best deals in the AH.

Check out my PT19 teams HERE...
Attached Images

Last edited by HRBaker; 03-28-2019 at 08:32 AM.
HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 07:51 AM   #2
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Pontiac Starchiefs(F2P)

Pontiac is doing better than expected, posting a 20-5 record for July, and holding onto 1st Place by 9 1/2 games. We added CL Jose Alvarado to the Bullpen as Closer, and SP Shane Bieber currently has 12 wins on the season. I'm well aware we're only in IRON, but being in first is certainly better than not.

Chandler Electrics(P2P, Total Projected Cash Investment $100.)

The Electrics have, by fortune of our initial investment, hit the ground running and now lead their division by 14 1/2 games. 6 players were obtained in July; SP Trevor Bauer(7800), 3B Josh Donaldson(4554), CL David Robertson(1829), SP Patrick Corbin(4894), C Buster Posey(3500), and SP Max Scherzer(8999). That's an expenditure of 31,576 APs, or about $18... added to the $24 spent previously totals $42 out of my $100 budget. With about $58 left, it would probably be financially prudent to wait and see how far this team can take me before I invest further. Let's see how prudent I can force myself to be...

Attached Images

Old 03-30-2019, 09:02 AM   #3
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Pontiac Starchiefs(F2P)

The Starchiefs are maintaining their lead and are likely to be promoted to Bronze this weekend. The real question will be what happens next season when the competition gets tougher and we're still struggling for APs. Since we're starting at the bottom and don't have a lot of points to expend, we may take our chances on opening packs if a careful review of the AH doesn't surface something we can use (and afford). Although I haven't the experience many of you do, it's obvious a F2P team is a long hard road if your goal is Perfect Level. The lure of a Themed Team is becoming clearer.

I think I ended my last post with... "Let's see how prudent I can force myself to be...". Not so much. I was perusing the AH and found Justin Verlander available for about 3000 APs less than his going rate. So... I jumped on that deal and moved Bob Ojeda to the bullpen, and Kirby Yates to the Reserve List. I couldn't pass up the chance to have an all-Diamond starting staff. That puts me at about $47. spent out of my $100 budget.

The Electrics are definitely on their way to Silver and I hope their momentum will next get them to Gold. Hopefully, along the way, we can pick up a World Series or two.

Attached Images

Old 03-31-2019, 09:05 AM   #4
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Pontiac Starchiefs(F2P)

The Starchiefs finished the season with a 109-53 record and qualified for the playoffs(today). Although Pontiac started out in Iron, I'm very pleased how they progressed being a F2P team. The Active roster currently consists of 5 Golds, 14 Silvers, and 6 Bronze players. We're not too confident, however, the team will find it so easy in Bronze.

The Electrics, in a similar season result, posted a 110-52 record to finish their season. They will be promoted to Silver after the playoffs, and should be competitive at that level as well. The team consists of 8 Diamonds, 10 Golds, 4 Bronze, and 1 Silver. In addition, we still have about $53 of our budget left.

I did post a possible BUG report in that no Pitcher awards were posted for the B246 league, and the Electric's SP Trevor Bauer had top wins(19), top strikeouts(233), and top WAR(6.4) - which should qualify. I hope I can still earn the APs.

Attached Images

Last edited by HRBaker; 03-31-2019 at 09:34 PM.
Old 03-31-2019, 08:18 PM   #5
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

2019 playoff update

Disappointment from both teams. Pontiac lost in the Division Series, and Chandler lost in the Sub-Division Series. 100+ wins simply doesn't mean much in a short series.... on to next year.

Pontiac Starchiefs(F2P)

The Starchiefs lost 3 of 4 to the Willsboro Warriors.

The Electrics lost 4 of 7 to the Newport Beach Blue Sox.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Old 04-02-2019, 10:17 AM   #6
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Pontiac Starchiefs(F2P)

The Starchiefs jumped to a 17-10 start which was unexpected as they move to Bronze. We obtained 4 players; SP Wayne Garland, RP Ray Black, C Wilson Ramos, and SS Amad Rosario. That depleted our current balance of APs, so it's another season of waiting.

Chandler Electrics(P2P, Total Projected Cash Investment $100., $47 Spent)

The Electrics, on the other hand, are struggling to keep pace in the first month with an 11-15 start. RP Jeurys Familia and RF Yasiel Puig were added to the roster. Again, I feel the team isn't playing up to potential, but the only way to turn things around is throw money at it, and I'm not sure I want to do that yet.

Attached Images

Last edited by HRBaker; 04-02-2019 at 10:19 AM.
Old 04-03-2019, 09:34 AM   #7
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Pontiac Starchiefs(F2P)

Pontiac had a bad month (11-14) but managed to hold onto 1st place. We made no roster changes, primarily because 1147 APs don't go far. Will continue to wait-and-see until we can accumulate enough points to make a difference.

Chandler posted an 18-7 month and moved into 2nd place, but the Rodelheim team has the edge on better cards. I don't expect to catch them, but maybe I can grab a wildcard spot.

(I know your thinking I got plenty of APs to try, but I'd rather spend those on the rare deals I can find in the auction house.)

Attached Images

Old 04-04-2019, 09:31 AM   #8
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Pontiac Starchiefs(F2P)

The Starchiefs managed to continue their hold on 1st Place, currently leading by 6 1/2 Games. APs have increased to 2762, but team management isn't inclined to make any changes at the current time. Worth noting Gary Maddox is hitting .371!

The Electrics have stagnated into 2nd Place, 13 Games out, and short of Promotion qualifications. My P2P team - so far - isn't paying off. The team is short on Offense and played under .500 in June, so I may have to obtain a big bat to try and reclaim a promotion possibility. Apparently a 5-Diamond starting staff isn't impressing anyone lol.

Attached Images

Old 04-05-2019, 09:29 AM   #9
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Pontiac Starchiefs(F2P)

Pontiac is holding onto 1st Place by 4 games, but the competition is closing in. We may have to consider spending out 3692 APs to shore up the team to insure a promotion to Silver. An influx of a couple Golds wouldn't hurt, but I'd rather accumulate points until the end of the season before spending anything.

Chandler Electrics(P2P, Total Projected Cash Investment $100., $67 Spent)

We made a significant investment in the Electrics, but management is disappointed it hasn't paid off yet. Chandler is at 55-50 and struggling to stay relevant. Obtained were Diamond players Freddie Freeman(96), Javier Baez(95), and Clayton Kershaw(97). That leaves about $33 in the original budget - things are getting serious and I'm still in Silver.
Attached Images

Old 04-06-2019, 09:45 AM   #10
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Pontiac Starchiefs(F2P)

The Starchiefs' lead was reduced to 2 1/2 games in August, which led management to try and bolster the roster for the last month of the season. SP Carlos Carrasco (89) was obtained from the AH replacing Marcus Stroman (75), who was moved to the bullpen. RP Whitey Moore (66) was moved to the Reserve List. We're hoping that will secure Pontiac's hold on 1st Place.

All three Diamond players [[Freddie Freeman(96), Javier Baez(95), and Clayton Kershaw(97)]] have done well, but the Electrics still are barely in the running for a WC position. It's hard to imagine a team with 12 Diamond players is having a hard time at Silver Level competition, but I suspect it's a testament to the quality level in this league.
Attached Images

Old 04-07-2019, 10:22 AM   #11
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Pontiac Starchiefs(F2P)

Pontiac finished the season with a 5 Game lead over the competition, and qualified for the Playoffs as well as a Promotion to Silver. In preparation for the playoffs, SS Didi Gregorius was added to the roster to replace Amed Rosario. Wishing this cash-strapped team the best!

UPDATE: Starchiefs were swept 3-0 in Division Series. Team will stand-pat for beginning of season at Silver Level.

The Electrics just managed to squeeze out a Wildcard Spot in the Playoffs and management obtained CF Jimmie Hall (92) in the hopes the team can get past the one-game clearing house. Management expected more out of this team at Silver Level, but it was an uphill battle all the way. Let's hope next season in Gols isn't any harder than this one was.

UPDATE: Electrics won Wildcard Game, but lost Division Series 3 games to 2. Team will stand-pat going into Gold Level next season.
Attached Images

Last edited by HRBaker; 04-07-2019 at 08:33 PM.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:58 AM   #12
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Pontiac Starchiefs(F2P)

The Starchiefs took a nosedive in May to 9-17. Management is in Conference trying to figure out how to reverse the free-fall with little resources to use. The team currently has 4700 APs and are discussing whether to invest in one player or wait things out to gain more APs. The question is, will 1 Diamond player make a difference?

Chandler Electrics(P2P, Total Projected Cash Investment $100., $78 Spent)

The Electrics, on the other hand, have cash to spend, so they did. They obtained LF Juan Soto (99) and RF Aaron Judge (98) to complete the outfield in Diamonds. So far, however, both players can't hit the side of a barn. We still have $22 in our original $100 budget, but were hoping we'd get to Diamond Level before that ran out...
Attached Images

Old 04-10-2019, 09:02 AM   #13
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Pontiac Starchiefs(F2P)

Pontiac recovered from its early tailspin with the help of 1B Anthony Rizzo(88) and DH Shohei Ohtani(88). Although that stopped the slide, it is no guarantee of success at Silver Level. The team currently sits with 1 Diamond, 9 Golds, and 15 Silvers. Unless the LIVE players can improve themselves, we're likely destined to a very long season.

Chandler Electrics(P2P, Total Cash Investment $100.)

Chandler did well in May, posting a 23-7 Month, including a 12 Game winning streak. 2B Gleybar Torres(91) and C Gary Sanchez(91) were added to the roster. Management is debating whether to commit its funds now or wait-and-see.

UPDATE: Management today decided to jump in full throttle and committed their remaining funds to try and capture as many APs as possible this season. SP Noah Syndergaard (100) and 3B Anthony Rendon (100) were signed early this morning. That depletes the original $100 budget for the Electrics. We're all-In at this point....
Attached Images

Old 04-11-2019, 09:01 AM   #14
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Pontiac Starchiefs(F2P)

With an 18-13 month to bring the team to 45-37 and 2nd Place, management is feeling better after the Starchiefs bad start. Also, with the powerhouse 1st Place team posting a 61-20 record, 2nd Place will be our target this year. Unless we make a last minute change to try and capture a Wildcard spot, the roster is pretty fixed for the season. We'll accumulate APs in the meantime.

The addition of Syndergaard and Rendon has certainly helped the club. Sydergaard is 4-0 with a 2.23 ERA, and Rendon is only batting .238 but has hit 3 HRs and posted 15 RBIs. Chandler followed last month's record of 23-7 with a 24-4 June resulting in a 55-27, 1st Place effort. We've got a tailgater, however, at 53-30 - only 2 1/2 games behind.

With our original budget of $100 now spent, our path to Perfect will rely on APs and great performance from the existing roster.
Attached Images

Old 04-12-2019, 08:53 AM   #15
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Pontiac Starchiefs(F2P)

The Starchiefs continue to play about .550 ball, currently in 2nd Place at 59-48. Unless something changes significantly the team should get to the Playoffs as a Wildcard. Garry Maddox currently has a 20 Game Hitting streak alive, and it's also worth mentioning that Shohei Ohtani is earning his pay.

Ohtani is batting .275 with 10 HRs and 46 RBIs (in 46 games as DH) and has started 15 Games, going 6-5 with a 3.27 ERA. A good investment.

After two months of 47 Wins and 11 Losses, the Electrics rejoined reality by going 15-12 this month. Although cooling off, the team still leads the Division by 2 Games.

The notable performance this month was from LF Joey Gallo on July 28th when he hit 3 HRs for 5 RBIs, 4 Rs, and 2 BBs. Joey has been struggling this season with a .173 BA over 70 games, but he lit up the scoreboard that day.
Attached Images

Old 04-13-2019, 08:47 AM   #16
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Pontiac Starchiefs(F2P)

Pontiac is struggling to stay relevant in its Division with a 72-63 record that still finds it 34 games behind the 105-28 Yankees. At this point, it's questionable whether the Starchiefs will qualify for a WC spot.

Chandler returned to it's regular dominance by posting a 21-10 month, but it's having a difficult time shaking off the 2nd Place team for the Pennant. Management added Blake Treinen in the hopes of helping that goal.
Attached Images

Old 04-14-2019, 09:38 AM   #17
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Pontiac Starchiefs(F2P)

The Starchiefs finish in 4th Place at 83-79, and 41 games out of first, trailing the division juggernaut, Yankees at 124-38. Under normal conditions, we might have captured a Wildcard spot - but this season we get to prepare for next year early. The team should end up with about 4,000 APs and it will be difficult to find the best place for improvement. We will be perusing the AH in the hopes of finding our best deal.

Chandler Electrics(P2P, Total Cash Investment $100., Spent)

Chandler muscled its way into the post-season with a 109-53 record, earning the Bye position in the Playoffs. The team is excited to be here, but is well aware that there's no room for error in a short post-season series. If management had the resources to boost the roster we would certainly do that, but 3,438 APs just isn't enough to accomplish that.

UPDATE: Although the Electrics have placed 1st, 2nd, and 1st in their three seasons so far, running up a record of 309-177, they seem doomed to consistantly fall short in the Playoffs; the 1st year losing 4 of 7 in the Division Series, the 2nd year losing the Sub-Division Series 3 games to 2, and this year losing the Sub-Division Series 3 games to 1. If not for the fact that the early seasons are promoting additional teams to fill up the upper levels, I believe the Electrics would still be in Bronze.

Off-Season Report
2022 Opening Day Roster

We'll know in the morning which Diamond Level league we've assigned to and what our competition looks like. Management has perused the AH looking for something (anything) that would add a small improvement to the team, but 3438 APs just isn't enough to cross that threshold. We will continue to watch until Opening Day, but it's more likely we'll sit on our APs until we can actually make a contribution to the team.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by HRBaker; 04-14-2019 at 07:48 PM.
Old 04-16-2019, 09:02 AM   #18
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Pontiac Starchiefs(F2P)

The Starchiefs seem to be struggling during their first month in Gold Level. Posting a 12-15 record, fans are wondering if they have met their match in competition level. Ownership made no changes for the start of the season; not having enough APs to make a significant change in talent. It is a bit early to panic, so we'll go into wait-and-see mode for now.

There's something about this team that repeats itself each season; Slow Start. Strong Middle, and Weak Playoffs. So far this season, nothing has changed. A review of the 5 teams in our division suggests the Electrics should be strong contenders, but the opening weeks of the season say otherwise. Chandler is 12-15, and 4th Place in the division, showing no signs of taking advantage of their fortunate Monday Morning rating boosts. "Alas, the air is the air, what can be done?" (T'Pau quote, Star Trek "Amok Time", aired September 15, 1967)
Attached Images

Old 04-18-2019, 09:27 AM   #19
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

(Yesterday was one of those days I barely had time to eat - much less report on my teams. As we all know, that will happen now and then)

Pontiac Starchiefs(F2P)

Pontiac seems to have settled in to .500 play with it's current roster. That combined with (now) limited funds will result in a long wait for Achievement points. Management did try and boost performance with the addition of C Y.Grandal, RP D.O'Day, and RF D.Dahl - but their initial results hasn't shown any help. We're only 4 games out, so maybe still have a shot at the Playoffs.

In reference to what I said last report about this team having a strong middle season, the Electrics posted an 18-7 June after an 11-17 May to move into 2nd Place. C.Y.Grandal & CL Victor Cruz were added to the Roster (yes, I got Grandal for both teams). I'm hoping I have a shot at making Perfect this year and currently are only 1/2 game off the pace.
Attached Images

Old 04-19-2019, 09:02 AM   #20
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Pontiac Starchiefs(F2P) 82.2 OVR

The "Long Wait" continues with Pontiac in 2nd Place - but under .500 and 6 games out. The addition of C Y.Grandal, RP D.O'Day, and RF D.Dahl haven't changed the teams fortune, and the Playoffs continue to be out of sight. The march from Iron to Gold was quick, but Gold is likely where we will be for another season.

Chandler Electrics(P2P, Total Cash Investment $100., Spent) 93.6 OVR

The Electrics, however, are keeping a pace that could barely get them into Perfect Level. The problem is, I have a feeling this team will be a punching bag if we get there next season. We do have over 8,000 APs collected, but I'm not convinced even one AH player will be enough to make us competitive in Perfect. I could risk opening packs, but if I don't pull some luck, I'll be a season behind in my plan. This is where you start wondering if losing "just enough" not to get promoted is that bad of a thing.
Attached Images