Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-19-2019, 09:22 PM   #2761
joehart
All Star Starter

Could be related...I don't know what triggers a ballpark to change.
We would need a comment from the dev team to understand why there could be changes during the season.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ht=random+park

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 05:09 AM   #2762
Edster007
All Star Starter

Iron 192 update through games played June 29th

AC East: New Zealand (49-31) Is still out in front with a 3 game lead. San Pedro is sinking further into the abyss is 20 GB in 4th place.

AC West: Hampton Roads (57-26) Is out front with the best record in the league (and in OL). Mudville 3 1/2 GB, Arkham 4 1/2 and Chi-Town 18 1/2 back.

NC East: Boogie Knights (54-25) and have a 9 1/2 game lead

NC Central: The Mets (51-29) have a 6 1/2 game lead over Redmond who seems to be heating up

NC West: Stephensville (49-31) leading Pablo by 5 1/2

Here are the update OL Standings.
Attached Images
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 06:39 AM   #2763
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Gold league standings (through 6/29):

Cooper maintains their solid OL league play and extends their lead over Annandale.

In the overall view, OL teams are generally doing well at the halfway point of the season, with 6 of the 9 teams currently in a playoff position.
Attached Images
Image Image 
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 07:08 AM   #2764
Charlatan
All Star Starter

S279 Update

Motown gets hot and extends their lead

Code:
Our League Standings - S279 - June 30, 2031			
			 W	 L	 Pct
Motown Stars		18	 7	.720
Salem Witches		11	 7	.611
Sanguine Classics	14	11	.560
Port Ruppert Mundys	12	10	.545
Bluffton Boomerangs	11	11	.500
TI Rustlers		16	18	.471
DB Pickleballers	12	14	.462
Asylum Keepers		11	13	.458
Janesville Onyx		12	15	.444
Las Vegas Gamblers	 9	13	.409
New York Patriots	 7	14	.333

x
Attached Images
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 10:59 AM   #2765
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Ok, I have another team that will be OL-compliant next week: the Southern Southpaws. I have added it to my signature below. It has always been free-to-play; I will weed out the last of the LIVE players by end of week.

Also, I loved the icon someone made for me for the Energizer Bunnies. If anyone can do one for the Southpaws, I would love it!

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 06:14 PM   #2766
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

got home from work... logged in to PT to see my boys actually beat the Big Train (I'd say sorry to Harlem, but he's still 14-5 on the season ).... of all the pitchers I'd expect to beat, the 100 Johnson isn't one of 'em....

fun little shot from the Gold league review screen...

OL teams hold all the spots for top batting averages, defensive efficiency and starter era... and 2 of 3 spots in runs against
Attached Images
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 06:18 PM   #2767
Argonaut
All Star Starter

50k PP and a lot of waiting later and I've finally got the player the Cowboys were saving up for! He also has no prior stats to my delight.

Buck Ewing is the fastest catcher in the game, and certainly eligible for the Cowboys 50 Speed requirement. Between him and Tim Raines, I'll be swiping bags all over the place. Good bat and excellent defense too, a 5-Tool catcher. Heck, he's a 6-Tool catcher as he can play all over the field (even pitcher). No reason to put him anywhere but behind the plate though.
Attached Images
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 06:27 PM   #2768
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
50k PP and a lot of waiting later and I've finally got the player the Cowboys were saving up for! He also has no prior stats to my delight.

Buck Ewing is the fastest catcher in the game, and certainly eligible for the Cowboys 50 Speed requirement. Between him and Tim Raines, I'll be swiping bags all over the place. Good bat and excellent defense too, a 5-Tool catcher. Heck, he's a 6-Tool catcher as he can play all over the field (even pitcher). No reason to put him anywhere but behind the plate though.

He's been my catcher for several weeks on my perfect team.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 06:37 PM   #2769
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

The team leading the EP is an OL team with basically the exact same roster as me. I'm 1 game over .500, they're over .700. The only difference is their pitching. It'll take me weeks at the rate I'm earning PP to save up for their pitchers as I've made a whopping 260 PP in the last 2 days, but I want to have SOME of my touch to the team and not just run an OL meta...

The batters are identical except I have Bill Terry and they have Olerud. The rest are the same, Aparicio, Belanger, Carew and Madlock platooning at DH, Suzuki, Gwynn, Lavaliere (those are the ones I recall off the top of my head).

I don't know where they got the PP to get the team they got unless they got uber lucky opening packs. I'm not crying whale or anything, I really just don't understand. I have the same offensive roster but am way down the list from them with basically the same number of played games so it isn't a quantity issue. I'll post screenshots if you'd like, later when I can. I'm sick right now and using a device that's not mine.

Last edited by Findest2001; 06-20-2019 at 06:39 PM.
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 06:46 PM   #2770
Charlatan
All Star Starter

What did/does Ewing go for on the AH?
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 06:47 PM   #2771
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
The team leading the EP is an OL team with basically the exact same roster as me. I'm 1 game over .500, they're over .700. The only difference is their pitching. It'll take me weeks at the rate I'm earning PP to save up for their pitchers as I've made a whopping 260 PP in the last 2 days, but I want to have SOME of my touch to the team and not just run an OL meta...

The batters are identical except I have Bill Terry and they have Olerud. The rest are the same, Aparicio, Belanger, Carew and Madlock platooning at DH, Suzuki, Gwynn, Lavaliere (those are the ones I recall off the top of my head).

I don't know where they got the PP to get the team they got unless they got uber lucky opening packs. I'm not crying whale or anything, I really just don't understand. I have the same offensive roster but am way down the list from them with basically the same number of played games so it isn't a quantity issue. I'll post screenshots if you'd like, later when I can. I'm sick right now and using a device that's not mine.
It's glorified spring training. Standings are meaningless

It's basically points. Lots of points. You can start worrying properly when Iron play begins. Until then, upgrade. Upgrade upgrade upgrade.

You know things are desperate when I'm the voice of reason here.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 06:59 PM   #2772
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Southpaws Logo

Could lose the circle, if you'd like.
Attached Images
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 07:05 PM   #2773
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:

I would find away to play Carew and Madlock every day. They are point machines for my Knights team. I use them every day with defensive subs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 07:12 PM   #2774
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
What did/does Ewing go for on the AH?
50k is the going rate. It doesn't get listed much though, so the times I've seen it up for 55k it usually sells too. One time it was listed at 39k buy-it-now and I didn't have the PP.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 07:16 PM   #2775
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:

Entry Pool plays around the clock. You have to be putting forth tremendous effort to make only 260 PP in two days, which would work out to more than 80 games played against not great teams. I call BS.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:16 PM   #2776
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:

It is my kids and the team they set up for their friend and dad.
I finally had them show me the team yesterday and they essentially invested into cheap bronze and upgraded to silver pitchers with high movement and control.

I don’t believe they have a single great card or had any luck. I will check tonight but I am sure they just sold whoever they got.

If you get super defensive players, you will want to play them and not bench them.
Aparicio will get you 5WAR if you play him full time for many of the leagues.
Same with Belanger at 2B. He trains to 123 or 128 and gets you gold glove defense.

Also, not sure I understand the park setup.
Contact for left handed I understand but you don’t really have any power hitters. You will end up hurting yourself more than you help yourself. If you only have 2 righty hitters that can hit HRs, you may as well not focus on them but the rest of the team.
Otherwise, the teams with live cards and big power will thank you every time.

Essentially, their model is typically...
1B LHB hitter + defensive RHB as platoon
2B Defense. Ignore offense
3B Hitter. Kell works well for early levels
SS Defense
LF Ichiro / Or any of the LHBs with good defense
CF Defense until you can afford a great gold card.
RF Gwynn / maybe platoon either LF or RF

SPs - Movement, control, then stuff.
RPs - Movement, control, then stuff except
for Closer and maybe one of your Setup pitchers

Most of the silver players on the team are pretty reasonable in cost.
Also, the kids sell players as soon as they see that they can sell for more points and get a cheaper but equally good replacement.

Gold cards are not really necessary.
If you have LaValliere, you don’t need a Gold card catcher. Sell him.
Use LaValliere full time against RHPs and find a cheap bronze card for LHPs and as backup (Boone, Sundberg, ...).

Get your wins and points going and then start to accumulate and look for improvements.

I will take a look again at the team in a bit once the kids can log into the account.

Also, if you have spare time, play a historical game for the extra pack.
If you wanted to be really on top, you could earn one Monday, Thursday and Sunday.
In other words, 3 packs before you get to Iron league.
Even if they are bad, you will get yourself 150 or more points, especially with the Auction house giving you great return on live cards.

Last edited by joehart; 06-20-2019 at 08:47 PM.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:19 PM   #2777
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Or this
Attached Images
Old 06-20-2019, 07:21 PM   #2778
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

And a final one.
Attached Images
Old 06-20-2019, 08:04 PM   #2779
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
got home from work... logged in to PT to see my boys actually beat the Big Train (I'd say sorry to Harlem, but he's still 14-5 on the season ).... of all the pitchers I'd expect to beat, the 100 Johnson isn't one of 'em....

fun little shot from the Gold league review screen...

OL teams hold all the spots for top batting averages, defensive efficiency and starter era... and 2 of 3 spots in runs against
Well...at least we managed to split with the Syrups. That's better than we usually do against other OL teams.

revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 08:29 PM   #2780
joehart
All Star Starter

I told the kids you almost called them whales.... j/k.

It is all about picking the right players and then playing them.
The biggest difference maker is their pitching.
Top ERA with last place in strikeouts.

This is the cool part about PT20. Defensive superstars can really help your pitchers more than they often can help themselves with their higher Stuff numbers.
Invest into your defense and you will pick up more wins.

They started out with a Gold card that gave them about 1900 PP.

So a nice way to get started but you have probably more points invested into your team than they do.

3 of their pitchers sell for around 400P, one for around 700 and Passeau was their big investment from all their sales.

Stay positive.....wanted to see you enjoy the new team...not feel worse.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by joehart; 06-20-2019 at 08:42 PM.