Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-15-2019, 09:43 PM   #1
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Cannot Create Fictional Players on Free Agents Screen

I just created a new Promotion/Relegation League.
(2 six-team leagues... both major leagues)

In this league I cannot create fictional players on the Free Agents screen.

The popup tells me "sam jones'" has been created and sent to the free agents, but when I look for him, he is not posted there... yet when I look for "sam jones" among the players in the league he is there, but not on a team.

I have checked and rechecked all of my settings and cannot find anything wrong.

Could it possibly be where the game asks for "created age minimum" and "created age maximum", I just left them both at 0 (zero).

I changed it to mimimum age 18 and maximum age 22.

I still can't generated fictional players.

As a workaround I guess I can just find the created players in the list of players and sign him to a team there.

But I'm hoping someone will tell me how to solve the problem.

I use OOTP19 also for my Islandian Pro Alliance league and it works fine when I want to create fictional players on the Free Agents screen.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 03-15-2019 at 09:45 PM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:40 PM   #2
DreamTeams
Hall Of Famer

That's definitely a bug, Eugene. Happens to some of us when we try to import historical players as well...

https://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boa...d.php?t=292677

Far as I know, there was never a remedy released.
Old 03-16-2019, 09:07 AM   #3
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Thanks, DreamTeams.

I can import historical players, but can't create them.

I'll just have to search all the players report and sign them... I can find them there.
Old 03-16-2019, 09:28 AM   #4
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Created age won't make a difference as far as creating players, but is useful for controlling that aspect.

After you create the players, check your view and filter settings on the view screen. Make sure there's nothing preventing them from being shown.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 11:21 AM   #5
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Created age won't make a difference as far as creating players, but is useful for controlling that aspect.

After you create the players, check your view and filter settings on the view screen. Make sure there's nothing preventing them from being shown.
Thanks, Bluenoser… really appreciate you sharing your excellent knowledge of OOTPB... much appreciate it.

Upon league creation, I saw the Free Agents were much too old... many in their 30s and 40s... I think, that was a result of my choosing 18 to 50 for the age of created players.

I deleted all of the Free Agents and was going to create them myself using 18 to 22 as the age of creation.

After that. it would not let me create fictional players on the Free Agents screen.

What setting do you use there?

Do you think using 0 for minimum and 0 for the maximum would be best.

I will go back and test it out and see if that's the problem.

0 min and 0 max are the default settings.
Old 03-16-2019, 11:28 AM   #6
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Problem solved, I think.

Settings were 0 min and 0 max for age creation.

I did not make them "eligible" for the draft.

It worked fine... I could create a single player... or 10 players... both worked.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 03-16-2019 at 11:33 AM.
Old 03-16-2019, 11:32 AM   #7
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

It did not work when I created a fictional player and made him "eligible for the next draft" in his creation.

But I could find him on the List of League Players Report.

No problem... I can just work around this... now that I know.
Old 03-16-2019, 11:46 AM   #8
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

You don't need to use the age setting in league setup, there is an age range choice in the player creation window that pops up when you create an FA.

If you make them eligible for the draft, which I suspect you may have done, then they won't show up as an FA. Otherwise they will.

Have a good look at the pop up window when creating players, there are several important choices you should make to ensure you get the type of player you want.

Lots of things to consider here, and don't forget to scroll down as some of the window is hidden.
Attached Images
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 06:23 PM   #9
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church View Post
It did not work when I created a fictional player and made him "eligible for the next draft" in his creation.

But I could find him on the List of League Players Report.

No problem... I can just work around this... now that I know.
If they were in players report - it probably means they were in the draft pool, but that is only visible just before the draft. (or how many days prior to draft you have the reveal set for.) maybe check the list when it's revealed and see if they are in there then?

seems strange they aren't in the pool when you create them and visible after reveal date) when you designate them to the draft pool.. If that's happening, it's definitely a bug of some sort and should be reported that the developers.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 11:50 PM   #10
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchkenn View Post
If they were in players report - it probably means they were in the draft pool, but that is only visible just before the draft. (or how many days prior to draft you have the reveal set for.) maybe check the list when it's revealed and see if they are in there then?

seems strange they aren't in the pool when you create them and visible after reveal date) when you designate them to the draft pool.. If that's happening, it's definitely a bug of some sort and should be reported that the developers.
The draft is over a month away... I think you are right... the missing players from the Free Agents will be in the draft list.

Thanks for the help.
Old 03-17-2019, 05:51 AM   #11
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

remember you can just type "sam jones" at top and it will take you right there... or close enough.

well, with that name there may be a few duplicates, but probably not too many active and that's how it is sorted. 'team name', then 'no team' then retired etc.

if you made them eligible for draft they are in draft pool. no idea on dynamics if the pool isn't created, yet..may only see 1 name there until it is. may not even be able to click link until it is created? (in menu at top)

fwiw, if you accidentall do that, you can open profile and uncheck "eligible for next draft". maybe placing on a team automatically does that? better check to make sure it unchecks if you don't specifically do it...

might play for your team for 2 months then join the draft and go somewhere else, lol. (i'm sure they made it robust enough to handle this context, but never know)
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote