Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-20-2018, 04:00 PM   #21
Hotwheelz
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiodevil View Post
Maybe this year's thread will bring The Wolf out of his hiding place!
Lets hope it does!
Old 03-20-2018, 06:37 PM   #22
Tony79
Minors (Double A)

What happened to the option for all ratings based on AI Evaluations, not pure ratings? Has it been removed in 19?
Tony79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 07:06 PM   #23
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleycchurch View Post
Would you still put AI at “favors prospects” after trade difficulty or leave as is?

I’d leave it as is
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 07:41 PM   #24
Grafton19
Major Leagues

Good thing I didn’t start with Cobb signing with O’s today!

I don’t plan on starting until April 2-4, so looking forward to seeing what guys find here with settings
Grafton19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 08:51 PM   #25
progen
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Hotwheelz - for stats only for AI, I always use

Trading hard and favors prospects. This was suggested by The Wolf, and I've found it works well.
progen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 09:55 PM   #26
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafton19 View Post
So what you say about development and age modifiers are spot on. What is the default setting this year? And are you talking about these? Again the reason I posted this is because the different ways people play games has been very intriguing to me and I won't even start until the first update is out when the game is released out of data so it's good to get an idea where I'm going to start.

Batter Aging Speed .990
Better Dev Speed 1.000
Pitcher Aging Speed .990
Pitcher Dev Speed 1.000
Talent Change Randomness 50

Is that what you're speaking of?

I would leave all of these at 1.000 if you’re using the default injury frequency
Old 03-20-2018, 10:10 PM   #27
Hotwheelz
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by progen View Post
Hotwheelz - for stats only for AI, I always use

Trading hard and favors prospects. This was suggested by The Wolf, and I've found it works well.
That's what I have been using for awhile. Just curious if things might change with this years version. We shall see I guess lol.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:56 PM   #28
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71 View Post
I have:

Batter Aging Speed .990
Better Dev Speed 1.100
Pitcher Aging Speed .990
Pitcher Dev Speed 1.100
Talent Change Randomness 120

The talent change randomness is defaulted at 100. I was using last year's settings.
For Modern Injuries?
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 11:09 PM   #29
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
I really think the default is good across the board. The only change I might make (and I am debating this myself) is whether the player evaluation settings should be 55/25/15/5 as opposed to the default 65/20/15/5.

The one thing to realize for this version though, is that stats are automatically taken into account. (based on AI evaluation) The option to not allow this is not present in this version...so it may be beneficial to heavily weigh ratings just as the default does, so unlike in year's past, 65 percent towards ratings is probably spot on...but I admit I still like a little more stats evaluation, but I am still sorting this out for personal preference.

Trading is good this year, I am seeing a lot more trades that make sense for the offering teams. Right now I am going on average difficulty unless I for some reason feel the need to up the difficulty to hard.

Other than this, ratings being relative should be default (something I do recommend) and if it is not, I might change this setting.

I still like realistic injuries, and I do employ realistic service time limits as well.

Other than this most things are really personal preference but everything is working very well IMO. I use inflation from year to year, and I also change market sizes, but again, this is all personal preference and doesn't change or affect the way OOTP operates on a realistic level.

I think the development and aging modifiers are spot on...thought I will want to see how that works with me upping the injuries to high, as normal (OOTP classic) is the default.
Great to hear! I ran with default player eval settings for the first time last year and they seemed to work well. Nice to hear trading is good out of the box as well.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 11:56 PM   #30
torpidbeaver
Major Leagues

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony79 View Post
What happened to the option for all ratings based on AI Evaluations, not pure ratings? Has it been removed in 19?
Hmm, yeah, I can't find that either. Did it get moved somewhere else?

Up until two years ago, I thought overall/potential ratings WERE all based on AI scouting. Maybe it's default this year?
torpidbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 05:57 AM   #31
Grafton19
Major Leagues

Quote:
I would leave all of these at 1.000 if you’re using the default injury frequency
I have always followed your idea or someone else’s to put injury at high (realistic modern day)
Old 03-21-2018, 07:41 AM   #32
joejccva71
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8 View Post
For Modern Injuries?
I lowered injuries to LOW. Was that bad to do?
joejccva71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 08:04 AM   #33
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpidbeaver View Post
Hmm, yeah, I can't find that either. Did it get moved somewhere else?

Up until two years ago, I thought overall/potential ratings WERE all based on AI scouting. Maybe it's default this year?
it is removed, and the overall rating is based on both ratings and stats...which is why the default 65/20/10/5 is probably the right way to go.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:08 AM   #34
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafton19 View Post
I have always followed your idea or someone else’s to put injury at high (realistic modern day)
I have done this for years...the only potential issue is that player's can get wrecked earlier than the maybe should, so in all honestly, the defaults are going to most likely yield the best results. OOTP 19 truly is good out of the box..The challenge mode has the most realistic defaults....which means the only real change, is putting trading at "hard".
Old 03-21-2018, 08:37 AM   #35
Grafton19
Major Leagues

Quote:
I have done this for years...the only potential issue is that player's can get wrecked earlier than the maybe should, so in all honestly, the defaults are going to most likely yield the best results. OOTP 19 truly is good out of the box..The challenge mode has the most realistic defaults....which means the only real change, is putting trading at "hard".
I am sad because I like to tinker, But it does save time getting into your game by not having to mess with the settings too much. I’ll just change what you listed about

65/20/15/5 or
Old 03-21-2018, 09:01 AM   #36
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Every year we have one of these threads, and every year I say the same thing... defaults.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 12:02 PM   #37
Grafton19
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Every year we have one of these threads, and every year I say the same thing... defaults.
You aren’t lying because you’ve said that it will since I’ve been on the board
Old 03-21-2018, 01:09 PM   #38
Kasabian
Minors (Single A)

I usually play with actual ratings hidden and only showing potential. I also use AI settings more weighted towards stats than ratings.

I’m thinking of switching to default AI settings. I’m not sure how these things work “under the hood”. Do you think the AI will have a massive advantage over me if I’m only seeing potential and they’re more weighted towards ratings?

And out of curiosity, what was the change to the AI settings this year that’s been mentioned above? (Someone mentioned stats are now taken into account more?)

Thanks!
Kasabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 06:34 PM   #39
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasabian View Post
I usually play with actual ratings hidden and only showing potential. I also use AI settings more weighted towards stats than ratings.

I’m thinking of switching to default AI settings. I’m not sure how these things work “under the hood”. Do you think the AI will have a massive advantage over me if I’m only seeing potential and they’re more weighted towards ratings?

And out of curiosity, what was the change to the AI settings this year that’s been mentioned above? (Someone mentioned stats are now taken into account more?)

Thanks!
They are only taken into account by the fact that you can now always see how the ai values each player overall (ai evaluation settings). In previous versions, you had the option to view the overall opinion of how the ai valued players’ based only on ratings.

Does this make sense to you?
Old 03-24-2018, 12:09 AM   #40
itsmb8
All Star Starter

What aging and development modifiers would people recommend with Modern Injuries? Might just go default for everything else so I dont wait forever to start a save by second guessing every setting.
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote