Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2015, 09:53 AM   #1041
DanielR
Minors (Rookie Ball)

So I created me and my friends into an EHM save, we want to be drafted in the 2017 draft. I followed the rules of qualifation for the draft by real life's standards, I ran backups just to make sure we'd be in the draft. I tried everything, from switching birthdays and all that jazz. I'm curious on how we can enter the draft.
DanielR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 04:57 PM   #1042
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweetyLeaf View Post
I get notification "Patrik Laine is not interested signing in team in United States right now".

4th overall and not interested... really?
It's not unheard of for a European first-rounder to not sign immediately, but we should probably adjust that a little so it's less likely with such a high pick.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 04:59 PM   #1043
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielR View Post
So I created me and my friends into an EHM save, we want to be drafted in the 2017 draft. I followed the rules of qualifation for the draft by real life's standards, I ran backups just to make sure we'd be in the draft. I tried everything, from switching birthdays and all that jazz. I'm curious on how we can enter the draft.
Well, starting with an FHM save instead of EHM would probably be a good first step. But the most likely issue is that the league rights are set to "Free" (which makes the player ineligible for the draft) instead of "None". If you go into commissioner mode and make that change, they should be draftable.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:35 PM   #1044
rmartin65
Bat Boy

Sorry for the many questions, but I have another. My screen seems compressed, as in the bottom of some of the boxes wont show up. For example, it does not show the player type anymore, or the player's competency at RW. How can I fix this?
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 01:45 AM   #1045
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Sorry for the many questions, but I have another. My screen seems compressed, as in the bottom of some of the boxes wont show up. For example, it does not show the player type anymore, or the player's competency at RW. How can I fix this?
It sounds like the resolution you're running the game at may be too large for the display resolution of your screen. Sebastian's thread about screen size issues may be helpful.
Old 11-12-2015, 03:14 PM   #1046
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

I fixed the problem now (only effecting 1920 size). After the next update it should work for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyewu View Post
[Originally Posted by onyewu
Dear FHM - Any suggestions to the quandry I asked Duranium about below? Has anyone else been able to get 1920x1200 backgrounds to work? Just the bg_startscreen is what will show as the background in the game screen at this screen size.

"Originally Posted by onyewu
Duranium - I want the pictures to work in 1920x1200.....I have edited the size to 1920x1200 and changed the name of the picture (i.e. anaheim_ducks_1920), yet it still doesn't show......your original size works great if I go to the 1280 size screen, but I thought I could manipulate it to work.....any suggestions or am I just out of luck"
-------
"hmm...really don´t know why this won´t work - maybe this thread is of any help, if not i´d recommend to PM Cole or Jeff on this issue"]

Jeff - yes, they are in .png....in the arena backgrounds folder within the saved games graphics folder and in Majors.quick / Opening Day.quick folders....I named properly, i.e anaheim_ducks_1920.png......as stated, the 1280 backgrounds that are also in those folders work fine when I change my screen to that size. If it works for you and others maybe I have my own special issue ??

thanks
Old 11-12-2015, 10:08 PM   #1047
Johnks
Bat Boy

I am trying to create two expansion teams. Once I go to the Team + League Controls top menu and under League click edit, the "Expand League button at the bottom of the screen does not highlight so I can't click it. All the other options highlight but that one doesn't.

Thanks in advance
Johnks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 10:22 PM   #1048
tarashnat
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnks View Post
I am trying to create two expansion teams. Once I go to the Team + League Controls top menu and under League click edit, the "Expand League button at the bottom of the screen does not highlight so I can't click it. All the other options highlight but that one doesn't.

Thanks in advance
Only available on July 1st.
tarashnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 10:31 PM   #1049
Johnks
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarashnat View Post
Only available on July 1st.
I don't know if that is correct. There has been previous posts on how an expansion draft was going and another post about how bad one of the expansion teams were.

thanks
Old 11-12-2015, 11:07 PM   #1050
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnks View Post
I don't know if that is correct. There has been previous posts on how an expansion draft was going and another post about how bad one of the expansion teams were.

thanks
It's available at the start of the game as well as on July 1, but it has to be done immediately, you can't advance even a single day. What's the date in your game right now?
Old 11-13-2015, 07:03 AM   #1051
Johnks
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
It's available at the start of the game as well as on July 1, but it has to be done immediately, you can't advance even a single day. What's the date in your game right now?
It says August 15th but it had to have come with that preset day

Last edited by Johnks; 11-13-2015 at 07:05 AM.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:30 AM   #1052
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Is the AI's cap management competence being worked on? I see so many teams where the AI is afraid to get to close to the cap. I know some teams don't have the budget to but when it comes to the big teams I see too many examples where a team won't re-sign their superstar even though they have plenty of cap room to do so. And even if they didn't have the room if your superstar player is in their prime, putting up 80+ point seasons the team should do whatever they can do to sign them.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 05:41 PM   #1053
Ferrisrox
Minors (Double A)

The Entry Draft is still something that is filled with questions for me.

First of all, I assume this is there and I'm missing it, but how do I see the "Central Scouting" ranking of prospects? It seems odd that the draft comes up and I have no clue who the consensus top prospects are. I'm guessing there's a menu or a way to sort that I'm missing. If I want to see who scored the most goals in the draft class, how do I sort to see that? When I go to offensive stats, it all comes up blank. How do I sort to see who has the most assists, PIMs, etc?

But what I truly find puzzling is my own head scouts draft list. He routinely offers up a list of his top prospects but he appears to be giving them to me out of order. The guy he has as #1 often has a potential rating well below several other people on his list. This doesn't make sense. Shouldn't his #1 be the top potential player? Otherwise... what is he doing? Also strange is how often reading his own scouting reports he doesn't speak very favourably about players he has in his top five and top ten picks of the draft. Additionally, he routinely gives a player a poor evaluation then, in the last slot of the scouting report, declares he could be an outstanding player in the league.

On a similar note, I often have my scout tell me that there is no player on our roster similar to this prospect. I have never once had the report indicate a player that *is* similar to this prospect.
Ferrisrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 07:32 PM   #1054
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

In an online league, when a GM quits, how do I remove them? I can edit them to be a free agent GM, but then they still appear in our GM list and it might start getting cluttered.

Thank you!
Old 11-14-2015, 12:35 AM   #1055
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krownroyal83 View Post
Is the AI's cap management competence being worked on? I see so many teams where the AI is afraid to get to close to the cap. I know some teams don't have the budget to but when it comes to the big teams I see too many examples where a team won't re-sign their superstar even though they have plenty of cap room to do so. And even if they didn't have the room if your superstar player is in their prime, putting up 80+ point seasons the team should do whatever they can do to sign them.
It's deliberately conservative, since a large number of teams getting close to the cap has very ugly implications throughout the league - you'll start seeing strange AHL demotions and non-signings at that point as teams desperately try to scrape together cap space. That said, there is a special mechanism where teams will try to make the space necessary to re-sign star players, and I think we need to widen the scope of situations it's applied to.
Old 11-14-2015, 07:03 AM   #1056
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrisrox View Post
The Entry Draft is still something that is filled with questions for me.

First of all, I assume this is there and I'm missing it, but how do I see the "Central Scouting" ranking of prospects? It seems odd that the draft comes up and I have no clue who the consensus top prospects are. I'm guessing there's a menu or a way to sort that I'm missing. If I want to see who scored the most goals in the draft class, how do I sort to see that? When I go to offensive stats, it all comes up blank. How do I sort to see who has the most assists, PIMs, etc?

But what I truly find puzzling is my own head scouts draft list. He routinely offers up a list of his top prospects but he appears to be giving them to me out of order. The guy he has as #1 often has a potential rating well below several other people on his list. This doesn't make sense. Shouldn't his #1 be the top potential player? Otherwise... what is he doing? Also strange is how often reading his own scouting reports he doesn't speak very favourably about players he has in his top five and top ten picks of the draft. Additionally, he routinely gives a player a poor evaluation then, in the last slot of the scouting report, declares he could be an outstanding player in the league.

On a similar note, I often have my scout tell me that there is no player on our roster similar to this prospect. I have never once had the report indicate a player that *is* similar to this prospect.
There's no explicit Central Scouting list right now, but sorting by potential will give you an indication of the consensus top prospects (it'll sort by the more precise internal potential number, not just the broader star rating.) You should also be able to sort by stats as well; unfortunately, at the moment it's only showing the stats for the league doing the drafting (i.e., 0 for all the potential draftees), that's on the list of things to fix.

The head scout's draft list should be sorted by potential, but, after checking it myself in a couple of games, it doesn't seem to be updating the list based on updated scouting reports - it just retains the sort order from the first draft evaluation it makes at the start of the year. Definitely a bug, we'll take a look at that.
Old 11-14-2015, 07:11 AM   #1057
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
In an online league, when a GM quits, how do I remove them? I can edit them to be a free agent GM, but then they still appear in our GM list and it might start getting cluttered.

Thank you!
I don't think that's possible right now, I'll see if it can be added.
Old 11-14-2015, 11:03 AM   #1058
Ferrisrox
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
There's no explicit Central Scouting list right now, but sorting by potential will give you an indication of the consensus top prospects
How does that give me the consensus on top prospects? If I sort by potential, aren't I only seeing the potential that *my* scouting staff has arrived at?

I've noticed players going in the top five or six picks that aren't even on my scouts top 32 for example.
Ferrisrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 11:16 AM   #1059
Leafs67
Minors (Triple A)

Never mind.
Leafs67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 01:38 PM   #1060
mschinner
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Does putting a player on the trade block affect his morale or happiness? If not, that might be something to look at adding.
mschinner is offline   Reply With Quote