Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 10-14-2015, 11:16 AM   #141
USF
All Star Starter

First of all thank you very much for asking your customers for input.

I did not read through all the previous posts so I apologize if this has been already shared with the group here.

Here are my wishes as a long time OOTP customer and commish and member of OOTP online leagues.

#1:

Bullpen screen under Team Pitching:
Remove the stats info to the right of the screen - I find this information redundant based on being able to see the stats in the above window already. I would ask for you to add the # of pitches thrown similar to the previous versions of OOTP. I'm not sure why this was removed and left for SP only but, I find it annoying having to go to the Strategy Screen to adjust CL, SU, MR, LR # of pitches.

#2:
There is a bug in the lineup screen window where you fill a lineup spot and it automatically changes the position of another player in your lineup. If you are not careful this will create a lineup bug for your games. So lets say I am filling the spot of the Catcher, my RF all of the sudden changes to a different position and my Catcher shows "-" in the lineup. I have to go back and switch my RF back to RF and my Catcher from "-" to C. This happens all the time vs. RHP, vs. LHP. This issue never showed up before until OOTP16.

#3:
SB - this is a pet peeve of mine, when I look at stats vs. RHP or LHP the SB information is useless. The only way I can see the proper player stats for SB is to look at his stats as a whole. I'd like those stats to be functional when I am looking at splits vs LHP, RHP etc.

#4:
INT Complex - I love this idea but, it would be great if they could generate stats to see their progress. Right now those players just sit there and we read PD reports. Lets add some life to this feature and enhance it some way.

#5:
Speed: the speed at which the game switches screens is very slow imho. I am running a top of the line Alienware beast of a machine and as a commish for some reason my screens move slower than when I am a member of a league. I'm not sure why this is the case. The same is true for reading messages. Much quicker as a member to scroll through the messages but as a commish it lags and sometimes even worse crashes the game.

#6:
Statslab: It would be amazing to a) be able to add in this utility as part of the overall game. I'd pay 2x the money for that alone. or b) at least make generating the files for the statslab update process faster than it takes now. Sometimes generating these files takes over 1++ hour to do. When it is processing the files I can't see anything within my game. I'm stuck until it is done.

#7:
Similar to the last sentence above: I'd like to be able to see the league information as the league file is uploading or my webs are being published. Right now I'm locked out of my game. It would be nice to be able to see some other screens as these processes are working. Not sure if it is do-able but, thought I would throw that out there.

#8:
twitter - not sure why that feature is in the game when it doesn't work at all. I try to post stuff to my twitter account and nothing happens. I think it is a pretty cool feature if it actually worked.

#9.
When you try to short list players that appear on an ALLSTAR team for example, after each player the original message reverts back to the top so you have to scroll down to the player and do them slowly one by one. This is a little annoying. One solution would be to make sure that the message has all the players on the ASG on the one viewing page so no scrolling would be needed. In that case a GM can right click down the players list to add them to the shortlist.

I'd love to include screen shots here but, I'm not sure how to take my snips and paste them here.

I hope the above makes sense if not let me know and sorry If I posted other things non related.

Jason
USF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 12:04 PM   #142
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
#5:
Speed: the speed at which the game switches screens is very slow imho. I am running a top of the line Alienware beast of a machine and as a commish for some reason my screens move slower than when I am a member of a league. I'm not sure why this is the case. The same is true for reading messages. Much quicker as a member to scroll through the messages but as a commish it lags and sometimes even worse crashes the game.
Check the settings for game logs, replays, box scores, messages, news etc that are saved in your local game.
Then ask you commish to check what he includes in his league files. Also check you what you include in your league files. It is easy to save far more locally than you would even compress and upload regularly.
Old 10-14-2015, 12:14 PM   #143
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Does the new UI include in-game presentation? I'd like to see the widgets improved with easier-to-read text, more use of tabs, and the ability to resize. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I think the batter-pitcher matchup needs to be magnified (i.e., larger photos, more batter v. pitcher stats, situational stats, previous at-bat info, etc.). ESPN, Fox, MLB, and other sites do a nice job keeping vital info in front of the user, with add'l info available through the click of a tab.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 12:17 PM   #144
USF
All Star Starter

here is a picture for #1 above - on what I mean...

Jason
Attached Images
Old 10-14-2015, 12:38 PM   #145
USF
All Star Starter

Here is the picture for #3.
Attached Images
Old 10-14-2015, 12:47 PM   #146
USF
All Star Starter

This is for #9...
Attached Images
Old 10-14-2015, 12:50 PM   #147
USF
All Star Starter

# 4 from the above...
Attached Images
Old 10-14-2015, 12:54 PM   #148
USF
All Star Starter

#8 twitter....
Attached Images
Old 10-14-2015, 10:15 PM   #149
USF
All Star Starter

here is the pic for #2...
Attached Images
Old 10-15-2015, 10:10 AM   #150
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT-Sox-Fan View Post
1. Please!! For online leagues, add an option when importing the utility from the draft, to then pause the draft rather than automatically finish the draft.

The reason for this is that pausing after importing the utility draft (5 rounds in our case) allows the commissioner to upload a new file to the server. Gm's can then download that file and have an up to date draft pool to use to make preferences for the remaining rounds of the draft.

Currently there are only 2 options. 1) finish the draft (which means Gms had to have already had in game lists - difficult with 3-5 rounds of utility draft to account for) or 2) after the utility draft release the rest of the pool to FA. You can't pause.
This.

Our online league does 5 rounds of the draft in StatsLab then we complete it with in-game draft lists. OOTP allows me to load the results of rounds 1-5 from a file (that is generated by StatsLab or can be created manually) but when I do so it also completes the draft. So I can't use the ability to load the draft results from a file and have to manually enter the picks for rounds 1-5 in-game (tedious). Would be great to be able to have the option to load rounds 1-5 from an external file without completing the draft and allowing for the rest of the draft to be done in-game

Last edited by byzeil; 10-15-2015 at 10:12 AM.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 10:18 AM   #151
Assos
All Star Starter

Pennant flags. Maybe at the top of the team screen or a page that shows that you won the East of some league in 1945 and so on.
Assos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 10:24 AM   #152
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF View Post
#8 twitter....
Hadn't tried this before but when I click the Twtter button I get this in my browser...

Says it worked, but it doesn't, and I'm running OOTP16 not OOTP13.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:28 AM   #153
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF View Post
#2:
There is a bug in the lineup screen window where you fill a lineup spot and it automatically changes the position of another player in your lineup. If you are not careful this will create a lineup bug for your games. So lets say I am filling the spot of the Catcher, my RF all of the sudden changes to a different position and my Catcher shows "-" in the lineup. I have to go back and switch my RF back to RF and my Catcher from "-" to C. This happens all the time vs. RHP, vs. LHP. This issue never showed up before until OOTP16.

Jason
I have seen this also. Always seems to change one other player's position and leaves the newly inserted player's position blank.

Last edited by byzeil; 10-15-2015 at 10:30 AM.
Old 10-15-2015, 01:27 PM   #154
jlech1805
Minors (Single A)

Being an excel nerd I love shortcuts and hot keys. If I were able to navigate all menus hitting by hitting alt + a + e for example as opposed to clicking somewhere my life would improve immensely.
jlech1805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 04:51 PM   #155
pete3
Minors (Single A)

Game date/time

If possible, showing the game date/time as the game progresses on the gameplay screen would be cool. I play in real time.
pete3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 05:23 AM   #156
Elektranaut
Major Leagues

Ability to customize the Streaks/All time records page would be neat
Elektranaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 05:27 AM   #157
Elektranaut
Major Leagues

It would be nice if you could create a stats filter whicj would apply to all the different stats sections instead of having to create filters from scratch for each section
Elektranaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 09:36 AM   #158
Ross333
Minors (Single A)

When playing historical leagues, the AI should take into account a player's future historical stats/value when making a trade.
Ross333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 09:44 AM   #159
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by byzeil View Post
Hadn't tried this before but when I click the Twtter button I get this in my browser...

Says it worked, but it doesn't, and I'm running OOTP16 not OOTP13.
Just tried as well. Get the same picture (OOTP 13) and note saying that it posted. Not seeing a tweet on my account.
Old 10-17-2015, 12:02 PM   #160
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross333 View Post
When playing historical leagues, the AI should take into account a player's future historical stats/value when making a trade.
I think this should only happen in recalc leagues, not leagues with development enabled.