Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Online Leagues

OOTP 16 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 16 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 09-02-2015, 09:08 PM   #1
MMB League
Bat Boy

Arrow MMB League - Since 2013

Hello everyone, this is Max Boyer from www.MaxRetroBaseball.net.
If you are looking for a Hybrid Modern League, this is your place. (real-life & fictional players)

View Available Teams: MMB League OPENINGS
Visit League Website: MMB | [OOTP Online League]

SIM TIMES
Monday to Friday @ 12:30AM EASTERN TIME
Saturday & Sunday @ 10:30PM EASTERN TIME

:: SIM SCHEDULE ::
April, May & June: 2-games a day. (2-day sims) (Real-life 6 Weeks)
July, August & September: 1-game a day. (1-day sims) (Real-life 12 Weeks)
October: Playoff games everyday; days off are simmed after the games. (Real-life 2 Weeks)
Off-Season: Real-life 2 Weeks
Spring Training: Real-Life Week
Extra Days: About 10 Days

:: LEAGUE EVENTS ::
Arbitration: As soon as we hit the off-season, you have 48 hours to submit your numbers to the players/judge. We sim a lot of days all the way to arbitration.
Rule-4 Draft: 7-10 Days. With OOTPOU tools. Round 1, 2 & 3 are 1 round per night format 100% official. (excluding supplemental rounds). The rest, it will depends on auto-draft factors and draft lists.
Rule-5 Draft will happen in-game, on a one sim event.
Off-Season/Free Agency speed will ramp up has we go. First 5-days of the market are 1-day sim. After that, we will increase by several days/weeks all at once. Make your best offers as early as possible.

Of course, this is a guideline. We may change/adapt sim situations for our needs.

We started in 2013 simmed 3 full seasons so far. We are now running 2 years inside of 1, and makes things a little bit easier for rebuilding a franchise and having fun with the minor system. We are just about to start the 2015 Off-Season. When? Next week. (Will post again to confirm when we start).

We are looking for new members - veterans or rookies - to join us.

The Pros of our League:
- Great core of GMs who are taking care of their respective franchise;
- Always looking to help out newcomers or veterans;
- Great forum with all the links you need on daily basis;
- Good looking website that has a Wordpress feed attached to it giving bloggers an instant post on our home page; you just need to have a Wordpress Blog account, send me your html link, and voilà!;
- League twitter feed is also present, making things easier for anyone who doesn't like to blog to publish any information regarding their team;
- Export Tracker for you guys to see when was the last time you uploaded a team export to our server;
- League file is published every night, 7 times a week. Of course, there's a different procedure going on during the off-season, you can find all the info on the forum/website.;
- Commissioner is always available for help. I check my emails many times a day;
- League rules are fairly easy to follow;
- Full HTML reports available every night after the sim;

The Cons of our League:
- Any GMs that are going to be absent for an extended period of time have to post it on the forum in the "Leave Of Absence" section. This is a polite way of stepping out of the room without having others asking any questions. You don't have to explain in details, we respect your privacy and we will take care of your team while you are gone; It's in the cons because I will have no patience with people joining and not exporting anything for over a period of two weeks without notice.
- AI is off, so you are in charge of your complete organization.
- Morale is off, less challenge for some hardcore GMs. I'm not closed at turning on this feature eventually;
- Some GMs are very shy or invisible in our league. However, they do export and participate, but from far. Can be difficult to dive into this whole thing when you don't see all of our members on the chat or on the forum; my goal is to have everyone post something on the forum, especially a "journal entry" regarding players on the trade block and what the team is looking for.
- A full season can be a pain in the butt when losing. It's sucks. I've been there a few times myself, however, you need to find something positive inside your organization and work from it. This is why we are changing the pace a little bit in order to have our members more involved over the course of a season;

So, why join?
This is a very stable league. You can always count on a new league file the next day and there's a lot of emotions related to the success of your team and the amount of work you might be investing, especially on a very slow pace league like this one. Of course, we are moving away from a 1-day sim every night for the whole season. My new plan - starting now - is to have a full year done inside OOTP in 6 months real-life, split speed. April, May & June are gonna be 2-days per sim. July, August, September & October are 1-day sims. Also, we are open to any suggestions and we have our members vote and debate on upcoming changes that are on the table. We are always looking for improvement and looking for cool people in this community!

Please, reply to me here or by e-mail: MaxModernBaseball@gmail.com
- Max Boyer

Last edited by MMB League; 09-04-2015 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Added Sim Schedule
MMB League is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 10:15 PM   #2
MMB League
Bat Boy

Information moved to the 1st post.

Last edited by MMB League; 09-04-2015 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Useless info
Old 09-03-2015, 12:52 AM   #3
MMB League
Bat Boy

I forgot to mention that we are converting to OOTP16, and that every year from now on, mid-July, we will be converting to the latest OOTP game engine.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:01 PM   #4
skalepp
Minors (Double A)

I've been apart of this league for almost 2 years now and it's an excellent group of GMs!
skalepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 07:09 PM   #5
donlooky
Bat Boy

I have an interest in joining. I sent you an email earlier.
donlooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 11:55 AM   #6
MMB League
Bat Boy

WHAT?
I decided to refresh the league by releasing Players with 2.5 Rating and over (OSA) from all the A.I. teams (or non-human if you prefer) into the Free Agency Pool. There will be a Free Agency Draft to redistribute the talent among those teams. Human GMs may take part to this draft ONLY by going through the same process (you release all your top talent and overpaid guys).
Contact me, Max Boyer (Indians GM & League Owner), if you wish to join the Free Agency Draft. Read below to understand what this means.

HOW DOES IT WORK?
1st, I write down how much Cash and Budget your team has. Once it's done, I release all the players from your team based on their OSA ratings that have 2.5 Stars or more in Current or/and in Potential. I also release any players that are making over a 3M. You'll still have a Payroll, but it will be very small. Teams are keeping their staff.

WHAT ABOUT OUR FINANCIALS?
I'm adding up all the Cash into one column and I divided it by the amount of teams in the draft. Same thing for the budget. We are not touching the market size or any other details that comes with the team except Cash & Budget.

WHAT IS THE DRAFTING ORDER?
Totally random. I will activate the drafting order in-game once we have our new members and see if it's taking into account anything about the previous standings. If it does, I will find a tool online to redetermine the new draft order. Note that it will be too late to join the draft at this step. The draft is 25 Rounds long, using OOTPOU. I plan on taking up to two weeks to complete the draft (if we have to.)

WHAT ABOUT THE AMATEUR DRAFT ORDER?
All the teams that took part in this event will see their drafting order pushed at the end of the Amateur Draft, meaning that they will pick later in the rounds. Also, any Supplemental rounds are canceled for those teams. So don't pay too much attention on the in-game drafting order for the Amateur Draft since I will have to fix it. We are using the OOTPOU tool for all of our drafts.

INJURIES, MORALE & FATIGUE?
Everything has been reset league wide. Waivers has been disabled for 1 sim only (until we reach Opening Day). So feel free to move players around your organization.

THEN WHAT?
If you join, you have to be committed to this league. This is your chance to start fresh in a well established league and have fun. The website is fully functional, the guys are really cool to chat with, and on top of all, our remaining GMs are all working on their teams all year long.

OOTP17
We plan on jumping to OOTP17 in July 2016. We are proud supporters of the OOTP brand and we enjoy every little update and improvement year after year.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:07 PM   #7
tschalk
Bat Boy

Location: New York, but moving back to Austin in a few months
Great league with an active caring commish and community. Looking forward to the new year!
tschalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 08:44 PM   #8
HABenS
Bat Boy

yes, great league, nice core of gm. Season starting soon. Very good moment to join us!
HABenS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 01:13 PM   #9
MMB League
Bat Boy

We have 7 Openings, and it's yours to draft 25 Players (Ratings of 2.5 Stars and Up) from out Free Agency Pool. The reason behind this little shake up is to find people that will take the time to participate and be with us for the long run.

Like I said before, we are conducting a Free Agency Draft among those 7 teams, and we might have some of our current GMs that will surrender their teams in order to pitch in about 25 of their top players and draft among you guys.

I am not (Indians) taking part in this rebuild. I spent the past 3 years working on this organization. We still suck, but that's the fun part, isn't?

OPENINGS
Arizona Diamondbacks
Detroit Tigers
Los Angeles Angels
Miami Marlins
San Diego Padres
Seattle Mariners
Toronto Blue Jays
Washington Nationals

TOP 10 AVAILABLE BATTERS IN FREE AGENCY DRAFT POOL (CURRENT RATINGS w/ OSA scouting)
RF Bryce Harper - 5 Stars
RF Giancarlo Stanton - 5 Stars
CF Mike Trout - 5 Stars
1B Justin Bour - 4 Stars
3B Miguel Cabrera - 4 Stars
C Yasmani Grandal - 4 Stars
RF Jason Heyward - 4 Stars
3B Brett Lawrie - 4 Stars
C Yadier Molina - 4 Stars
1B Albert Pujols - 4 Stars

TOP 10 AVAILABLE PITCHERS IN FREE AGENCY DRAFT POOL (CURRENT RATINGS w/ OSA scouting)
SP Stephen Strasburg - 5 Stars
SP Felix Hernandez - 4.5 Stars
SP Jameson Taillon - 4 Stars
SP Justin Verlander 4 Stars
SP Josh Collmenter - 3.5 Stars
SP R.A. Dickey - 3.5 Stars
SP Jose Fernandez - 3.5 Stars
CL Sergio Romo - 3.5 Stars
SP Tyson Ross - 3.5 Stars
SP Drew Smyly - 3.5 Stars

VIEW COMPLETE LIST: League Free Agents Report - Scouted by: OSA

Note that all the openings teams have farm teams, I've only emptied their payroll and released star players in order to restructure the league. Those teams were left unattended or with very little care over the past 2 seasons and I had to do this procedure in order to make it fun for the new guys coming in.

What about your financials if you join? This is what I have so far, and if no one else is joining, these will be your new numbers:

CASH TOTAL NOW: $179,869,624 / 8 = $22,483,703 (per team)
BUDGET TOTAL NOW: $1,226,000,000 / 8 = $142,000,000 (per team)

Let me know by Sunday Midnight, Eastern Time. We are 4-days away of the Opening Day, and all these players played during Spring Training. We are not running any sims until we are done with the Draft.

Last edited by MMB League; 10-07-2015 at 01:15 PM.