Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Technical Support

OOTP 16 - Technical Support If you have problems with the game, please see here.

Old 04-13-2015, 09:50 PM   #941
da commish
All Star Reserve

Real players Facegen not linked to appropriate Facegen

The title probably doesn't adequately describe the problem I've encountered. For reference I am on the latest patch (#2 on my PC). Real players (e.g., Miguel Cabrera, Carlos Gomez, and others) in my MLB league do not have their Facegen pictures. They have some fictional, generic Facegen picture. So I have had to manually update their pictures to get their appropriate Facegens (Gomez's fictional Facegen picture was of a Caucasian before I fixed it. This has happened in multiple games that I have set up after I have updated the all-in-one. I have also tried doing a Force/Update of all players Facegens but still have issues with real players having fictional Facegen pictures.
da commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:59 PM   #942
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by da commish View Post
I just went through the 2016 amateur draft in the MLB and ran into numerous high school players aged 20+ in the draft pool, some as old as 23. I seem to recall this was an issue in a previous version that eventually got fixed. It would be nice to get this fixed so I don't to manually adjust high school players back to a reasonable age.
This is an MLB Quickstart issue. Real life players were created for the first few drafts, so if they go undrafted, they can still be listed in the draft pool at 21-22 years old and a "high school" player.
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 10:16 PM   #943
da commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
This is an MLB Quickstart issue. Real life players were created for the first few drafts, so if they go undrafted, they can still be listed in the draft pool at 21-22 years old and a "high school" player.
But that would mean they were 20 or 21 years old in the 2015 draft, still too old for high school.
da commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 11:52 PM   #944
tward13
All Star Starter

Substitution issue.

Mets at Nationals. Bottom 9th, after pinch hitting for my starting pitcher I intended to put my closer Mejia into the pitchers spot batting ninth. I inadvertently dropped him into the leadoff spot then answered the questions 'yes' which ended up with Mejia batting first and ninth and playing leftfield and pitcher. I was not able to switch in another player.

After the first batter I was able to sub another player for the Mejia playing leftfield and batting first and completed the game. However in the box score Mejia is not listed at the bottom with the pitchers and my complete game only shows deGrom pitching 8 innings. No one pitched the 9th or got credit for the save.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 02:01 AM   #945
bcduggan
Minors (Double A)

Trade deadline date July 31

Trades are still being made in September though
bcduggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 02:07 AM   #946
DB930
Major Leagues

Guy won the pitching triple-crown in 1908, but the league history page shows his offensive totals, instead:
Attached Images
DB930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 08:05 AM   #947
Matt Uk
Major Leagues

When you "save+leave" whilst playing out a game and come back to it all the options for who controls what revert back to player controlled. In my games I usually have the AI control defence positioning. If I save and leave and come back it is reset to player control - the same happens on each of the tabs as I tried it with all of them. This happens going straight back in to the game without any game saving or exiting.
Matt Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 08:17 AM   #948
tward13
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tward13 View Post
Substitution issue.

Mets at Nationals. Bottom 9th, after pinch hitting for my starting pitcher I intended to put my closer Mejia into the pitchers spot batting ninth. I inadvertently dropped him into the leadoff spot then answered the questions 'yes' which ended up with Mejia batting first and ninth and playing leftfield and pitcher. I was not able to switch in another player.

After the first batter I was able to sub another player for the Mejia playing leftfield and batting first and completed the game. However in the box score Mejia is not listed at the bottom with the pitchers and my complete game only shows deGrom pitching 8 innings. No one pitched the 9th or got credit for the save.
This happened again very next game. Different pitcher. He didn't finish the game and showed up in the boxscore pitching line, but also in LF.
I'll try being more careful but this didn't happen in any of the dozens of games I played out with the initial release of 16.

I'm currently on the latest release.
Old 04-14-2015, 09:06 AM   #949
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Substitution issue.

Sorry, I was unable to reproduce this From where did you drag Mejia, from the bullpen or the player list? Did you have substitutions set to the AI or yourself?
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 09:08 AM   #950
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mets Man View Post
I submitted a ticket for this already (#12266)

I'm not sure if I needed to post it here as well.

Basically, I hired a new Scouting Director with an outstanding reputation

Once hired, it released my existing Scouting Director that I had before (who was obviously worse)

Now, for some reason, all the potential ratings seem out of wack. Too many players in the league are maxed out with 80 potential (20 to 80 rating scale).

This is just one team:

This bug isn't limited to just one team either, it's throughout the whole league (my scout's evaluations):

And here's the Amateur Draft:

Pitchers:

Batters:

I don't know if it's an issue with talent distribution or scouting. Probably more likely a scouting issue since it seemed to coincide with me getting a new Scouting Director.
Try disabling scouting in the game setup screen and then reenabling it. Not sure what happened here, I'd have to check the league files.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 09:11 AM   #951
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Markus, it must be both good and bad to take a few days off. When you come back there's another 7-8 pages in this thread.
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:33 PM   #952
Hal_10000
Minors (Single A)

One small little bug. I have a series of scripts that read the .csv files the league outputs to catalog awards, championships, HOF stats, etc. It is now being thrown off because the file players_awards.csv includes everyone who finished in the top three for an award, but does not have information about which order they finished in. So three different players will show up as having won the award that year. Is it possible to add an extra column to players_awards.csv that includes place? It would obviously be 1 for all seasons prior to OOTP 15 and for non-place awards (e.g., gold gloves). But that's kind of important information being left out.
Hal_10000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 03:25 PM   #953
tward13
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Sorry, I was unable to reproduce this From where did you drag Mejia, from the bullpen or the player list? Did you have substitutions set to the AI or yourself?
I would have dragged him from the bullpen. Mostly likely dropping him accidentally while over the 1st spot in the batting order, rather than 9th.

The problem is created by the system asking if I want to have Mejia replace that leadoff hitter, then asking if Mejia should be the pitcher.

I have another league I'm no longer using since we go the opening day line-ups. Let me try to recreate on purpose later tonight.
Old 04-14-2015, 04:13 PM   #954
CobaltJays
All Star Reserve

It used to be that when you would select "Ask manager for staff" on the Pitching screen, the game would automatically change the positions of the pitchers to reflect their roles on that screen. The game is no longer doing this:
Attached Images
CobaltJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 05:00 PM   #955
steveabg
Bat Boy

I'm experiencing many crashes during the course of simulating a season. I didn't capture the crash reports, if someone can point me to the log files, I'll happily provide. I'm not sure if it happens at a consistent point, but it has happened in historical leagues, and it happened last night in a regular league where I created an expansion team, and was playing as the expansion team.
steveabg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 05:17 PM   #956
Mets Man
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Try disabling scouting in the game setup screen and then reenabling it. Not sure what happened here, I'd have to check the league files.
I did this, turned off all scouting. Then turned it back on. However when I do this, every scout is fired and put back into the available personnel pool. And the AI doesn't re-hire a scouting director till the offseason I believe.

This does seem to do the trick, however it's only because I lost my scouting director after doing this and the ratings that are showing are from OSA. As I mentioned before there is nothing wrong with the OSA ratings.

I have not tried hiring back another scouting director to see if the problem is still there.

I have submitted a ticket for this bug (#12266)

And sent my league files to the ftp server under the file name "Scouting Bug Max Potentials". The file I sent was before turning off scouting and then turning it back on.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Mets Man; 04-14-2015 at 05:26 PM.
Mets Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 09:45 PM   #957
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Game keeps crashing on same day while simming July 9 at the 97.6% point I can't get past this now for 2 hours. Does this require me opening up a support ticket?

Chargers= Despicable Traitors

Last edited by Padreman; 04-15-2015 at 12:56 AM.
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 10:37 PM   #958
TwinsGuy11
Minors (Triple A)

Can't Find League Folder

So I'm trying to find the location of the folder of one of my leagues and I can't find it. I get this message. Sure enough, it isn't in the folder but I don't get where it could be.
Attached Images
TwinsGuy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 07:06 AM   #959
Mets Man
Major Leagues

Playoff Roster Eligibility Bug

I am pretty sure this is a bug because I can't understand why a player whom I drafted this season is eligible for my playoff roster when he hasn't played a single game for my Major League team.

Screenshots:

There is no reason he should be eligible for my playoff roster, unless there is something I don't know.

FYI, he was never on my active roster at any point during the season.

I submitted a ticket for this #12293. I sent my zipped league files to the OOTP ftp support server under the file name "Playoff Roster Eligibility Bug"

Hope this helps

Cheers
Mets Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 08:21 AM   #960
tward13
All Star Starter

Quote:
I would have dragged him from the bullpen. Mostly likely dropping him accidentally while over the 1st spot in the batting order, rather than 9th.

The problem is created by the system asking if I want to have Mejia replace that leadoff hitter, then asking if Mejia should be the pitcher.

I have another league I'm no longer using since we go the opening day line-ups. Let me try to recreate on purpose later tonight.
I was not able to recreate it with the other league. When I dropped a pitcher in a spot that's the only place he was. I'll keep watching with the newer league.