Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-15-2015, 10:17 PM   #601
so49as
Major Leagues

Hello. A few things I found with the Cardinals tonight. I updated the game tonight and downloaded the "updated rosters" quick start file from Markus's post.

Tommy Pham is listed on the Memphis DL, but is on the ML DL. Also, the game starts on 3/23 with a 2-week injury, but he's still out.

Catcher Travis Tartamella starts in the International Complex. He's 27, and playing with Memphis.

Also, I'm not sure if you're doing much with minor league injuries (there were none in the game I started), but Kevin Butler (AAA-Memphis) had Tommy John surgery last May.

Cards' Butler latest to go down with elbow injury | cardinals.com

Pitcher Tyler Melling is shown as retired, but is currently on the Palm Beach DL - http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...ching/2015/ALL
Thanks for all the work you'all do!
Cheers!
Bill

Last edited by so49as; 04-15-2015 at 10:24 PM.
so49as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 11:13 PM   #602
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by so49as View Post
Hello. A few things I found with the Cardinals tonight. I updated the game tonight and downloaded the "updated rosters" quick start file from Markus's post.

Tommy Pham is listed on the Memphis DL, but is on the ML DL. Also, the game starts on 3/23 with a 2-week injury, but he's still out.

Catcher Travis Tartamella starts in the International Complex. He's 27, and playing with Memphis.

Pitcher Tyler Melling is shown as retired, but is currently on the Palm Beach DL - http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...ching/2015/ALL
Thanks for all the work you'all do!
Cheers!
Bill
Great stuff Billl, thanks! Will fix this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by so49as View Post
Also, I'm not sure if you're doing much with minor league injuries (there were none in the game I started), but Kevin Butler (AAA-Memphis) had Tommy John surgery last May.
Are you sure there were none? We try to include them all, not that we're perfect, but there should surely be more than none! If there are none, there may be a bug somewhere.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 12:04 AM   #603
so49as
Major Leagues

Quote:
Are you sure there were none? We try to include them all, not that we're perfect, but there should surely be more than none! If there are none, there may be a bug somewhere.
None for the Cardinals (other than Pham). There are others listed for most of the other franchises.

Now, it is odd, the first game I created started March 23rd, but the 2nd test I created (to double check injuries) started on April 4th. Don't know what I did. Previous mentioned discrepancies still apply.

2 other Cardinal minor leaguers I noticed with different retired statuses. I use thecardinalnationblog.com for reference, take it or leave it...

Max Foody is listed in the organization, but is retired in game. And Andrew Pierce, listed with 50-game suspension in game, according to the above site, retired on October 20th, 2014.

Foody: Cardinals Organization Roster Matrix: 2015 Regular Season | The Cardinal Nation blog
Pierce: Cardinals organization roster matrix: 2014 draft and short season | The Cardinal Nation blog

Also, minor league pitcher Yeison Medina is on a 50-game suspension: St. Louis Cardinals minor leaguer Yeison Medina suspended 50 games
Old 04-16-2015, 12:30 AM   #604
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

The one guy I kind of question there is Max Foody. He hasn't pitched since 2012 and he was beyond bad then! Any idea what the deal with him is? I'm thinking he may still be on a restricted list but to all intents and purposes is actually retired.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:56 AM   #605
mdtwnkfey
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
The one guy I kind of question there is Max Foody. He hasn't pitched since 2012 and he was beyond bad then! Any idea what the deal with him is?
With a name like that, I'm guessing he took too many trips to the buffet.
mdtwnkfey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 06:33 AM   #606
so49as
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
The one guy I kind of question there is Max Foody. He hasn't pitched since 2012 and he was beyond bad then! Any idea what the deal with him is? I'm thinking he may still be on a restricted list but to all intents and purposes is actually retired.
You might be right, for all intents and purposes! I did find a few Spring Training games from last year...

Cardinals minor league spring training notebook: 03/13/14 | The Cardinal Nation blog
Cardinal minor league highlights: 03/17/2014 - St. Louis St. Louis Cardinals | Examiner.com
Daily Farm Report: Weekend Roundup - Viva El Birdos

And one link to a subscriber required news story, where I'm not a subscriber, called 'Long outage planned.'

St. Louis Cardinals MLB Baseball Front Page

thecardinalnationblog site showed him as retired in June of '14, but added back to the Gulf Coast roster this spring.

He might just be the minor league equivalent of that one guy on the plague cart in Monty Python's The Holy Grail... I'm not dead, yet!

cheers,
bill
Old 04-16-2015, 10:06 AM   #607
diesel230
All Star Reserve

Magglio Ordonez, mike gallo, Aquilino lopez, ed Rogers have no mlb stats. Ryan Drese and dan reichert's mlb stats are listed as minors. Val pascucci has duplicative mlb stats and a minor league season listed as majors.
diesel230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 06:10 PM   #608
dales
Bat Boy

Red Sox opening day rosters

Second-time buyer, first time poster here. The Red Sox opening day roster has not been 100% right. The game has Castillo on the Red Sox and Nava in Pawtucket, whereas in reality Nava began the season with the Red Sox and Castillo was in Pawtucket.
dales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 06:13 PM   #609
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by dales View Post
Second-time buyer, first time poster here. The Red Sox opening day roster has not been 100% right. The game has Castillo on the Red Sox and Nava in Pawtucket, whereas in reality Nava began the season with the Red Sox and Castillo was in Pawtucket.
Yeah, much as we try, we can't get all the player placements absolutely 100% accurate, the ai will do it's own thing to an extent.
Old 04-17-2015, 01:36 PM   #610
atl_braves
Minors (Single A)

Dan Meyer of the Ottawa Champions has the same stats/bio as Dan Meyer who played from 2004-2010 and now is a coach with the Braves. In reality it's a different guy.
atl_braves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 05:08 PM   #611
diesel230
All Star Reserve

Nelson Figueroa has no mlb stats.
Jamie D'antona has no mlb stats.
Aaron Guiel 2006 Yankee stats are listed as Diamondbacks.
Scott Proctor Dodgers stats are listed as Diamondbacks.
diesel230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 06:44 PM   #612
bly08
Minors (Double A)

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but in my standard MLB game, 15/45/25/15, hard/heavily favor prospects. Bumgarner is surprisingly easy to trade for. I was able to get him as the Red Sox on the first day of the game by giving away Devers, Lin, and Vinicio. Bumgarner has a great contract so this doesn't make sense. I've found every other top tier pitcher much harder to trade for.

Last edited by bly08; 04-17-2015 at 10:15 PM.
bly08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 01:17 AM   #613
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by bly08 View Post
Not sure if this has been mentioned before but in my standard MLB game, 15/45/25/15, hard/heavily favor prospects. Bumgarner is surprisingly easy to trade for. I was able to get him as the Red Sox on the first day of the game by giving away Devers, Lin, and Vinicio. Bumgarner has a great contract so this doesn't make sense. I've found every other top tier pitcher much harder to trade for.
That's crazy! That being said, I dunno what to say about it. He's rated really highly, we can't really boost him any more without boosting other guys as well.
Old 04-18-2015, 01:30 AM   #614
bly08
Minors (Double A)

I probably should've posted about this in one of the AI trading threads. I know there are lopsided trades on every setting, but I just thought this one was particularly weird since I spent a while exploring trades for an ace and this one was by far the easiest. Might have something to do with the Giants GM's ratings or attributes. The trade would somewhat make sense if they were in rebuilding mode and had a small market budget.
bly08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 04:57 AM   #615
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Harold Baines and Mark Salas are both coaches currently with the Chicago White Sox. In the game Baines is present as both a retired player and coach. Salas as a retired player.

A) When in Salas's profile you can't turn him into a coach as the option does not appear on the available actions list for some reason.
B) Baines cannot be unretired as a coach so I deleted him as a coach and then found, like Salas, I couldn't turn him into a coach. Option wasn't on the list of available actions again.

Any ideas?????

Also the following are a few other personnel issues I spotted. Have just started working my way through the MLB teams.

Darryl Boston is First Base Coach with the White Sox and is in the game as retired.
Tim Leiper First Base Coach with the Toronto Blue Jays isn't in the game as a coach.
Eric Owens Assistant Hitting Coach with the Blue Jays is retired, should be active.
Luis Rivera is in the game as a Kingsport Mets coach, is actually the 3rd Base Coach with the Blue Jays
Joe Espada 3rd Base Coach with the Yankees isn't in the game
Rob Thomson Bench Coach with the Yankees isn't in the game.
Wayne Kirby First Base Coach with the Orioles in the game as retired should be active
Bobby Dickerson 3rd Base Coach with the Orioles isn't in the game as a coach.

Last edited by Penfold75; 04-18-2015 at 05:10 AM.
Penfold75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 09:27 AM   #616
Mgomz
Minors (Double A)

Don't have 1B or 3B Coaches in Game.
Mgomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 10:26 AM   #617
Dodger1
Minors (Double A)

Don't know if this has been caught, but the Dodgers have an outfielder starting at Great Lakes (A) named Yadir Drake who isn't anywhere in the last full update.
Dodger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 10:30 AM   #618
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodger1 View Post
Don't know if this has been caught, but the Dodgers have an outfielder starting at Great Lakes (A) named Yadir Drake who isn't anywhere in the last full update.
We actually had him still in Cuba under the name Yadil Dreke. Fixed.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:33 AM   #619
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Well aware of the fact there are no First or Third base coaches in the game but they are active coaches. They could be hitting coaches, managers or bench coaches like many of the other First or Third Base coaches that appear in the game. Gives you the option of hiring them as such for expansion teams or replacing personnel at your ball club.

Last edited by Penfold75; 04-18-2015 at 10:35 AM.
Penfold75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 10:37 AM   #620
Overkill
Minors (Double A)

I think this is my third or fourth post in here about service time, but I have some issues.

1 - Jose Iglesias of the Detroit Tigers
Listed as 1.036 in-game and 2.036 on baseball-reference.

2 - Ricky Romero of the Toronto Blue Jays/Buffalo Bisons
Listed as 4.000 in-game and 4.033 on baseball-reference

3 - Kris Medlen of the Kansas City Royals (first edit)
Listed as 4.137 in-game and 5.137 on baseball-reference

4 - Matt Harvey of the New York Mets (second edit)
Listed as 1.072 in-game and 2.072 on baseball-reference

5 - Brandon Beachy of the Los Angeles Dodgers
Listed as 3.014 in-game and 4.014 on baseball-reference

6 - Garrett Richards of the Los Angeles Angels
Listed as 2.106 in-game and 2.148 on baseball-reference

7 - Matt Moore of the Tampa Bay Rays
Listed as 2.027 in-game and 3.017 on baseball-reference

8 - Maicer Izturis of the Toronto Blue Jays
Should be 10.038

I know I made a post about Matt Wieters earlier. Is there something in the database that is not giving credit for a year or a portion of year of time to players who were injured for an extended period of time last year? There are likely a few more that fall into this category that I have not listed.

MLB Theorem

Last edited by Overkill; 04-18-2015 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Added Medlen, then Harvey
Overkill is offline   Reply With Quote