Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2010, 03:08 AM   #1
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Want more ballpark images from The Show?

Guys -

Looks like the majority of people are really enjoying the set of "The Show" images that DesertFox grabbed from the OS Forums. If you've looked at my blog lately, you'll see that I'm playing MLB 10:The Show a LOT.

Tonight it occurred to me that you all might enjoy images of the other ballparks included in the game as well. Taking screenshots on the PS3 is easy, I've included an image of the Polo Grounds below. You'll notice that the angle I used for the photo is a little higher as I prefer more outfield space for the player names in OOTP, but I could always use the same angle as the existing set if people prefer to see more of the skyline and don't mind the "shallow" outfield perspective.

The other "classic" stadiums are Shibe, Crosley, Forbes, Sportmsn's, and Griffith. Oh and Shea, Yankee Stadium, and The Metrodome along with about a dozen minor league fields....

I could do day and night like the existing set as well... You guys think it's worth the effort?

PadresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 04:19 AM   #2
Cooperstown
Minors (Triple A)

Well.....

YES.

Old Time, Minor League, how bout all of em :P

Thanks,

Coop

BTW posted the updated files for Cooperstown, Nippon and Negro League roster files

Last edited by Cooperstown; 04-14-2010 at 04:29 AM.
Cooperstown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 04:53 AM   #3
DYNAMO
Bat Boy

Yes most definetely - the more the better !
DYNAMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 05:01 AM   #4
Captain Walrus
All Star Reserve

Yes please!

ALSO
Captain Walrus's All-Timers League Quick-Start: HERE
A 48-team league featuring the all-time greatest players in the Majors. Players' ratings are based on their 6 best major league seasons, neutralized.
Captain Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 05:04 AM   #5
Icy
All Star Reserve

Sure, I'm also a huge "MLB the show" fan and would love to see more parks from it into OOTP.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:16 AM   #6
Bigdummie
Major Leagues

Al, being an old time player, any classic park will be appreciated. Thanks for all you do.
Bigdummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:25 AM   #7
hfield007
All Star Starter

Would love to have them.

Polo Ground FTW! In a game yesterday of the show playing a friend had six triples, 2 pulled homeruns to the right and an inside the parker hahaha that stadium is absolutely great.
hfield007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:57 AM   #8
Blublub
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Absolutely! I tried to do this myself but couldn't get the angles right. Yours are spot-on...
Blublub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:51 AM   #9
Kelric
Hall Of Famer

While I appreciate the ones that have already been released, I'd love to get all of the parks with the higher point of view that you used for the Polo Grounds. Players are too squished together with the lower angle, I think.
Kelric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:18 PM   #10
bbmike
Minors (Double A)

Yes, please!
bbmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:34 PM   #11
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelric View Post
While I appreciate the ones that have already been released, I'd love to get all of the parks with the higher point of view that you used for the Polo Grounds. Players are too squished together with the lower angle, I think.
Kelric - I was wondering if anyone else shared my opinion on this.

It's such a tough trade-off. On the one hand, the images look so much more pleasing to the eye when you can see the top of the stadium and the surrounding skyline, but then the perspective is off from an OOTP gameplay standpoint.

The reason why we can't capture images that provide both a good perspective and more of the ballpark is the fact that the camera in MLB 10 doesn't allow you to move any farther back than the playing field. In other words, you can't put the camera "in the stands."

So for now, I think we have to live with the limitations of the camera in MLB 10. I will work on gathering images for the ball parks, and start a thread over in the main mods forum. I will post images for folks to use as they are ready, and then zip them up and post to my website when they are complete.

Would anyone be willing to volunteer to take on the task of setting up the ball flight locations, picture coordinates, and park factors for these stadiums, similar to what Seviien did for the original set?
Old 04-14-2010, 02:07 PM   #12
coffee87
Minors (Single A)

I really like the higher perspective too. I would love all the modern day stadiums if you get the time. Great thinking!
coffee87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:52 PM   #13
akw4572
Hall Of Famer

Those would be a tremendous addition!
akw4572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 05:44 PM   #14
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Thanks Padrefan for this. I too play The Show alot and feel that it is a solid game despite its shortcomings. The stadium graphics in the show are fantastic. I personally prefer to see some of the skyline with the stadium graphics. Gives it more depth and more pleasing to the eye. If it's just a graphic of the field itself then not so good.
-Jackie Robinson, #42 Brooklyn Dodgers

"Hitting is better than sex." - Reggie Jackson
ashantewarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 05:55 PM   #15
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashantewarrier View Post
Thanks Padrefan for this. I too play The Show alot and feel that it is a solid game despite its shortcomings. The stadium graphics in the show are fantastic. I personally prefer to see some of the skyline with the stadium graphics. Gives it more depth and more pleasing to the eye. If it's just a graphic of the field itself then not so good.
I hear ya... Unfortunately, the camera limitations I described above mean we can't have both the skyline and the proper depth of dimensions on the field. Since I'm in the camp that feels the current images are too "cramped", I'll be using the higher view with more of a top/down feel. It's a trade-off, but at least people will now have two different views to choose from.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:52 PM   #16
ootpFox07
All Star Starter

We had a number of requests for the old time and legacy parks as well as minor and spring parks and I would love to make a 2010 MLB and 2010 Complete pack if you can capture the parks, PF. If you can screen grab the big PNGs, I can convert them to the JPGs for you. I may not have time to configure the player markers and ball flights right now though.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:12 PM   #17
Marberi
All Star Reserve

Excellent idea!

The graphics, details and overall quality of the MLB The Show pack that DesertFox07 put together is amazing, but I also feel that the perspective's a little off for OOTP.

It'd be great if you can put together a similar night/day pack from a higher angle, PadsFan (like this version of Polo Grounds you posted). Especially, newer ballparks like Citi Field, new Yankee Stadium, Great American, etc.

Thanks for this and for everything else on your site. Much appreciated!
Marberi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:56 AM   #18
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

They all look great.

FYI, You may just want to decide which naming convention you want to use. OOTP database or MLB2010 roster set.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 01:31 PM   #19
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFox07 View Post
We had a number of requests for the old time and legacy parks as well as minor and spring parks and I would love to make a 2010 MLB and 2010 Complete pack if you can capture the parks, PF. If you can screen grab the big PNGs, I can convert them to the JPGs for you. I may not have time to configure the player markers and ball flights right now though.
Thanks DF, I'll be doing the minor and spring parks too. And thanks for the offer to convert them, but I got that part covered. Between our two sets, there should be plenty of options for everyone!
Old 04-15-2010, 01:34 PM   #20
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
They all look great.

FYI, You may just want to decide which naming convention you want to use. OOTP database or MLB2010 roster set.
So... This may be a cop out, but my concern is that if I use one of those two naming conventions, folks may inadvertently overwrite existing ballparks in their ballparks directory. I would rather leave them named as they are, and let folks re-name as necessary...