Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 04-12-2010, 03:53 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Exclamation IMPORTANT: OOTP 11 released to preorder customers!

UPDATE: We have just sent out the emails! This does not mean that you receive it immediately though, please be patient as it can take up to a couple of hours for the email to show up in your inbox in extreme cases! Please occasionally check your spam folder too!

Here are some things I'd like you to read before you download OOTP 11:

1) You will get an email with the download links, make sure that ootpdevelopments.com is in the list for safe domains of your email client, otherwise the email may end up in your spam folder.

2) DO NOT share the links with anyone!

3) Once you start the game, it completes the installation the first time, this can take a few minutes.

4) The game will start up in demo mode first, click on the "Enter License" button in the main screen. Then paste the license key you got with your purchase confirmation email into the dialog! For Windows and Mac, it is a series of letters and numbers that looks like this: OOTP11-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx. For Linux, it will look something like this: 99X-9-XX-99-99. If you have lost this information, our licensing agents store this data for you. For Windows or Mac, go to eSellerate's After-Purchase Services. For Linux, please go to the PiSD web store.

If the game cannot activate the license, temporarily deactivate any firewalls you have running!

5) To take full advantage of user created mods, you will first have to create a dummy league, then download & install the add-ons you want via the add-on center (inside OOTP menu) and then start the desired league.

6) Creating a major league game can take a couple of minutes, the message "Copying player files" will take a while, the game is copying real player history text files for thousands of players, so please be patient.

7) Importing big OOTP 10 league files can take up to 30 minutes or even longer in extreme cases. Even when the game says "(not responding)" in the window header, ignore it and let the game continue, it has to copy a million files in some cases.

8) If you have problems, please visit our knowledge base here: OOTP Developments - Kayako eSupport Help Desk Software
PLEASE do not spam the general forums with "I got problem X with the game"! The answer to your problem is very likely listed in the knowledge base!

Those who order the game now will have to wait until April the 14th to get it, that is the official release date!

OK, that's it! We hope that you will enjoy the game. It is the best version of OOTP yet, I am sure about that

All the best,
Markus

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 04-12-2010 at 05:49 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:55 AM   #2
megamanmatt
Hall Of Famer

Awesome! Soon you will once again own my soul!
"The Minneapolis Lakers moved to Los Angeles, where there are no lakes; The Oilers moved to Tennessee where there is no oil; the Jazz moved to Salt Lake City where they don't allow music; The Oakland Raiders moved to Los Angeles and then back to Oakland, no one in Los Angeles seemed to notice."

Note to self: Princess Kenny was really off-putting.
megamanmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:56 AM   #3
sbailey85
Minors (Single A)

thank you Now I just need to find something to occupy my time till that time arrives since i cannot fall back asleep and the replay of meet the press on tv is not cutting it
sbailey85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:00 AM   #4
megamanmatt
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbailey85 View Post
thank you Now I just need to find something to occupy my time till that time arrives since i cannot fall back asleep and the replay of meet the press on tv is not cutting it

firefly.
"The Minneapolis Lakers moved to Los Angeles, where there are no lakes; The Oilers moved to Tennessee where there is no oil; the Jazz moved to Salt Lake City where they don't allow music; The Oakland Raiders moved to Los Angeles and then back to Oakland, no one in Los Angeles seemed to notice."

Note to self: Princess Kenny was really off-putting.
megamanmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:19 AM   #5
gamefan1978
Minors (Single A)

Awesome cant wait to download and start playing.
gamefan1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:27 AM   #6
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Thanks Markus!

You may have made my job in tech support just a little bit easier.

As Markus said, check the knowledge base first, but if you can't find help there, one of us in tech support should be able to help.

OOTP Tech Support:
OOTP Developments Support Overview
Old 04-12-2010, 04:32 AM   #7
md5423
All Star Reserve

Just wondering, why is it that this year it was 1 for 39.99 instead of 2 for 39.99?
md5423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:34 AM   #8
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by md5423 View Post
Just wondering, why is it that this year it was 1 for 39.99 instead of 2 for 39.99?
You still can license the game on two computers, but only if you are the only person using the game. If you share the license with anyone else you would basically be pirating the game as it is a violation of the license agreement.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:39 AM   #9
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by md5423 View Post
According to this knowledge base article here:
How many copies of the game can I install? - Kayako eSupport Help Desk Software

You still get to install OOTP on two computers and use them simultaneously. If you later got a new computer and you wanted to install OOTP to it after using your two licenses, you could deactivate it on one of your other computers and install it on the third.

You can read about that here:
How can I transfer the license for my OOTP Developments game to a different computer? - Kayako eSupport Help Desk Software

Other licensing and purchasing questions can be found in the knowledge base too.

Last edited by old timer; 04-12-2010 at 05:00 AM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:41 AM   #10
Tony M
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
thanks markus!

as markus said, check the knowledge base first, but if you can't find help there, one of us in tech support should be able to help.

Ootp tech support:
ootp developments support overview
+1
Old 04-12-2010, 04:41 AM   #11
macdee
Bat Boy

Thanks Markus for all your efforts in creating what I'm sure will be a great baseball sim. I might be having a late one tonight down here in NZ.
macdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:45 AM   #12
hfield007
All Star Starter

work in 4 hours haha, don't see me playing this until afterward.

NOTE: Thanks for another sure to be great game Markus. You and the dev team have surely put together another great installment that will take over my life as I know it until OOTP 12.
hfield007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:50 AM   #13
md5423
All Star Reserve

Quote:
According to this knowledge base article here:
How many copies of the game can I install? - Kayako eSupport Help Desk Software

You still get to install OOTP on two computers and use them simultaneously. You can even have it installed on more computers, but only two can be activated at one time. So if you want you can deactivate a license without uninstalling the game and activate it on a third (or more) computer.

You can read about that here:
How can I transfer the license for my OOTP Developments game to a different computer? - Kayako eSupport Help Desk Software

Other licensing and purchasing questions can be found in the knowledge base too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
You still can license the game on two computers, but only if you are the only person using the game. If you share the license with anyone else you would basically be pirating the game as it is a violation of the license agreement.
Ok cool, I just want to be able to install it on my macbook and home pc. thanks for the quick reply

Last edited by md5423; 04-12-2010 at 04:52 AM.
md5423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:50 AM   #14
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Last edited by old timer; 04-12-2010 at 05:01 AM. Reason: clarified my earlier post
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:13 AM   #15
Isura
Major Leagues

Quote:
Thanks Markus!

As Markus said, check the knowledge base first, but if you can't find help there, one of us in tech support should be able to help.

OOTP Tech Support:
OOTP Developments Support Overview
Hopefully OOTP11 works out of the box in windows 7. I cannot get ootp 10 to even start after installing..
Isura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:19 AM   #16
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isura View Post
Hopefully OOTP11 works out of the box in windows 7. I cannot get ootp 10 to even start after installing..
OOTP 11 was tested on Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit version) and works fine, at least for our beta testers OOTP is not a native 64 bit application though, but that'll change for OOTP 12 most likely.

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 04-12-2010 at 05:20 AM.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:23 AM   #17
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
OOTP X used elicense and that was a common cause of OOTP not starting. OOTP 11 doesn't use elicense anymore, so hopefully this will be less of an issue.

Nevertheless, if you have the same problem with v11 (doubtful, but...) I'm confident we can help you get it working.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:25 AM   #18
mikezone13
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I have OOTPX runing fine on Windows 7.. did you set the exe to run as administrator?

I had to do this to get it working once it was installed. Navigate to the OOTPX install folder and right click on the .exe file and the n click properties I think it is.
mikezone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:34 AM   #19
kiersteadmo
Minors (Single A)

I love you Markus....err in that buddy sense not the stalker sense. Awesome work your doing.
kiersteadmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:50 AM   #20
Tullius
Minors (Triple A)

I want add that the OOTP mail with the download link was reported by Windows Live Mail as "pishing mail".
Tullius is offline   Reply With Quote