Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 07-15-2009, 07:36 PM   #61
Killebrew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhomess View Post
Updated the download file with some fixes and enhancements:
1. Player pictures should appear correctly
2. There's now a sql_file_load.php page where you can load SQL files individually if your load button is causing timeout errors.
3. Leaderboards page now has a bottom 100 option so you can see who was the biggest waste of roster space in your league.
4. Leaderboards page now has additional draft round and draft team options.
5. Fixed date issue with dates prior to 1969 and post 2039 (php limitation).
6. Fixed a team record issue on Team Index page related to data from certain older versions of OOTP.
7. Other miscelaneous fixes.
Just an FYI: You removed the function datediff from gen_functions.php in the updated version of this app, and as a result new users won't be able to complete the initial SQL load.
Killebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:06 PM   #62
MrWorkrate
All Star Starter

Is there a way to show human managers who don't control a team in the awAdmin.php voting status page? I've allowed non-GMs to login in and therefore vote for year end awards, but I can't see whether or not they've voted or who they voted for.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:20 AM   #63
PotatoPeeler
Hall Of Famer

I think I've pretty much got this set up. However, I do have one question. On the Exports and Draft pages, it's displaying the server time in MST. I'd prefer to have this set to CST.

The readme PDF states the following:

Quote:
Time Zone for Time Display: If your server is utilizing PHP version 5.0 or higher, you will see this option to specify the time zone you wish to have times displayed in. The time zone setting here affects display on the Export Tracker and in the Draft Utility. All draft time slots will be based on times matching this setting. The web server that hosts your website will have a predefined time zone, typically based on the physical location of the server, so this setting can be useful if most of your GM's are located elsewhere.
I'm using a MySQL 5.0 database but I'm not seeing that option. Did I do something wrong or is this just a mistake with the readme?

Attached is what I'm seeing on the Admin page.
Attached Images

I have never taken a lesson on how to talk on TV in my life.
- Tim McCarver

Guns have only two enemies; rust and liberals.

The world is a comedy to those that think; a tragedy to those that feel.

Last edited by PotatoPeeler; 07-17-2009 at 09:30 AM.
PotatoPeeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:50 AM   #64
PotatoPeeler
Hall Of Famer

Here's another thing I've run into.

After I change some stuff on the draft admin screen and then click the Save button, I get this error: Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: date in <sql util path>/save_sub_admin.php on line 92

Any ideas what's causing this?

Thanks.

- Tim McCarver

Last edited by PotatoPeeler; 07-17-2009 at 11:51 AM.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:07 PM   #65
udbacker58
All Star Starter

One thing I would like to see is that on the managers page, the Messenger tags be displayed, rather than it just saying AIM (Add). People not using AIM cannot add a person by clicking the link. I know that you can see the screen name in the status bar on the bottom of your browser, but not all people may know this.
udbacker58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 07:29 AM   #66
satchel
Hall Of Famer

Frank, my Jamaica League offers you our most sincere thanks. When we were using Getch's Utilities, you de-bugged the "talent-only" errors, which enabled us to employ the utility to its fullest; and then you answered our requests for even further customization. And now you've given the community an invaluable tool for the new game version. You have done a noble service for us all. We are taking up a collection this week, and will be sending you a donation, to express our appreciation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion View Post
Talking about security, I've been forced to move our league exports to a separate UNIX user on the server, and unfortunately that makes it impossible for the script to see the folders that user has access to (the commish user is the web access account, and the export user only has access to it's own folders, unsure if there is a way to work around that with the export tracker or not, don't worry about it, just thought I would mention it.) I'm guessing there wouldn't be a way for me to resolve this unless if I did it on my own by like running a cron job or something, but even that would be a PITA.
I use the same technique to safeguard the security of my league, and am in this exact position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoPeeler View Post
After I change some stuff on the draft admin screen and then click the Save button, I get this error: Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: date in <sql util path>/save_sub_admin.php on line 92
I'm getting a similar error, trying to configure the draft utility. When I set the draft order, and hit "Save," I'm taken to an error screen which says

Fatal error: Class 'Date' not found in /home/[path continued]/ootpsqlou/save_sub_admin.php on line 92
satchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 02:58 PM   #67
hank9481
Major Leagues

I have Dreamhost and am having MAJOR problems with this utility, namely a 500 internal server error everytime I try to import the files. Can someone help me understand what the hell I am doing?
Old 07-20-2009, 01:21 AM   #68
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Apologies to all for my silence. My first daughter was born Wednesday night, so my mind has been elsewhere. I'll try to review all the posts and PM's with recent issues in the next couple of days.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:17 AM   #69
Alan T
All Star Starter

Quote:
Apologies to all for my silence. My first daughter was born Wednesday night, so my mind has been elsewhere. I'll try to review all the posts and PM's with recent issues in the next couple of days.

Congratulations!
Old 07-20-2009, 06:50 AM   #70
Recte44
Global Moderator

Changes won't save in Draft Admin.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:38 PM   #71
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Babies are cool!
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:08 PM   #72
Recte44
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recte44 View Post
Changes won't save in Draft Admin.
At this point my league is on hold trying to figure out why I can't save any changes in draft order.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:18 AM   #73
PotatoPeeler
Hall Of Famer

Here's one more minor issue I've noticed. When I click on the leagues logo in the upper left hand corner of the utility page, it links to http://<league html address>/leagues/league__home.html when it should be linking to http://<league html address>/leagues/league_100_home.html. It seems to be forgetting the 100 part of the address, even though I have that set properly on the admin screen.

Thanks for the cool utility, fhomess and congrats on the new addition!

- Tim McCarver

Old 07-22-2009, 05:58 PM   #74
Killebrew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Grats!!
Killebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:51 PM   #75
jdettbarn
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by hank9481 View Post
I have Dreamhost and am having MAJOR problems with this utility, namely a 500 internal server error everytime I try to import the files. Can someone help me understand what the hell I am doing?
Try this...

On the Admin tab, click on the SQL Files link and try importing each file individually. Try the smaller file sizes first, in order to make sure things are functioning properly.

NPBL Idaho Spuds GM
Former Federal Baseball League and JOBL Commish (2002 - 2011)
jdettbarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 02:54 PM   #76
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdettbarn View Post
Try this...

On the Admin tab, click on the SQL Files link and try importing each file individually. Try the smaller file sizes first, in order to make sure things are functioning properly.
I actually use Dreamhost, too, so it definitely can work with Dreamhost. Jason's suggestion will help you determine if it's a timeout issue with the full load of some of the larger files or if the load itself simply isn't working. If you do load the files individually, I recommend loading human_managers.mysql.sql last - as this will create the util's user table and require you to login to the util. If you're having any SQL issues, it's better to find and fix those before being required to login.

Quote:
Originally Posted by udbacker58 View Post
One thing I would like to see is that on the managers page, the Messenger tags be displayed, rather than it just saying AIM (Add). People not using AIM cannot add a person by clicking the link. I know that you can see the screen name in the status bar on the bottom of your browser, but not all people may know this.
In beta testing, this was explicitly removed because the managers page can get very cluttered if the variuos IM links are all included. Some IM handles are rather long.

I've re-uploaded the util code with some fixes to issues found in this thread and PM's recieved since I've been gone. Please let me know if there are new issues or these don't fix what they're supposed to:
1. Users without a team should now show voting stats in the awards voting admin page
2. date issue in save_sub_admin.php should now be fixed
3. Sim length issue with datediff function in dbUpdate.php should now be fixed
4. Link to league HTML page from league logo in header should now include the league ID
Old 07-29-2009, 04:31 PM   #77
satchel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I actually use Dreamhost, too, so it definitely can work with Dreamhost.
I can second (third?) this—StatsLab works fine on our Jamaica League's Dreamhost account.

Quote:
I've re-uploaded the util code with some fixes to issues found in this thread and PM's recieved since I've been gone...
2. date issue in save_sub_admin.php should now be fixed
Thank you!
Old 07-30-2009, 11:43 AM   #78
dangarion
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I'm using Dreamhost and have no such problems.
dangarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 04:32 AM   #79
satchel
Hall Of Famer

I suppose that our Hall of Fame needs to have some members, to establish a baseine, before Black Ink and Gray Ink scores can show up on the "Career Metrics" reports?
Old 08-03-2009, 01:29 PM   #80
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchel View Post
I suppose that our Hall of Fame needs to have some members, to establish a baseine, before Black Ink and Gray Ink scores can show up on the "Career Metrics" reports?
No, in the utility, they have nothing to do with who's in the HOF. It's merely a calculation based on leaderboard appearances. That said, you do need to run the code to calculate them from the career metrics admin page. They'll also only show up on the pages of players who have appeared on the appropriate leaderboards. If you've run them and aren't seeing them, please shoot me a PM with details and I'll help you investigate.

Last edited by fhomess; 08-03-2009 at 01:31 PM.
fhomess is offline   Reply With Quote