Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 05-31-2019, 10:00 AM   #1
Willie M
Minors (Double A)

'Whale' League Recruitment

As of now we have about 15-17 users who are defined as 'whales' in a league together in Perfect level. This league is for people who have invested good money in the game and are looking for a challenge at the highest level.

All of us are in the OOTP discord and it's been a blast. It's not for the faint of heart, but if you want a challenge and want the ability to test out strategies vs elite teams we are welcome to more users.

Ideally we want to be upwards of 24+ users in the league who want to be there voluntarily. If interested let us know and we will add you to the friends list. Just be aware that it's a league where elite pitchers are owned on 8-14 teams.
Willie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 11:45 AM   #2
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie M View Post
As of now we have about 15-17 users who are defined as 'whales' in a league together in Perfect level. This league is for people who have invested good money in the game and are looking for a challenge at the highest level.

All of us are in the OOTP discord and it's been a blast. It's not for the faint of heart, but if you want a challenge and want the ability to test out strategies vs elite teams we are welcome to more users.

Ideally we want to be upwards of 24+ users in the league who want to be there voluntarily. If interested let us know and we will add you to the friends list. Just be aware that it's a league where elite pitchers are owned on 8-14 teams.
How much have you guys put into the game? It is much appreciated.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 12:11 PM   #3
Kushiel
All Star Starter

I think most of the true whales would rather try to beat the rest of us than play on a level playing field against you guys, I second OMGPuppies thanks for supporting the game as well as yo do. I do what I can but my team is not in your talent league.

Last edited by Kushiel; 05-31-2019 at 12:12 PM.
Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 12:17 PM   #4
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
I think most of the true whales would rather try to beat the rest of us than play on a level playing field against you guys, I second OMGPuppies thanks for supporting the game as well as yo do. I do what I can but my team is not in your talent league.

The regular perfect leagues are boring if you have a "whale" team because there are far too many teams that were promoted and there are too many perfect leagues so the competition is watered down.

Right now for example, the Ahabs are on a 17 game winning streak. i don't even need to look at that team during the week. Just on Sunday.

The Winnipeg team is in the whale discord league and its a blast. Almost every division race is competitive.

The true "whales" want to be the best. And that league is where it gets decided right now.

Last edited by HiDesertAce; 05-31-2019 at 12:17 PM. Reason: typo
HiDesertAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 01:19 PM   #5
bailey
Hall Of Famer

I officially became a whale last Wednesday, so the Collingwood Magpies would like to play in about 6 weeks or so. I was in iron when the Self Discipline Dam broke and the cash flowed out.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 04:39 PM   #6
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDesertAce View Post
The regular perfect leagues are boring if you have a "whale" team because there are far too many teams that were promoted and there are too many perfect leagues so the competition is watered down.

Right now for example, the Ahabs are on a 17 game winning streak. i don't even need to look at that team during the week. Just on Sunday.

The Winnipeg team is in the whale discord league and its a blast. Almost every division race is competitive.

The true "whales" want to be the best. And that league is where it gets decided right now.
Perhaps "true whales" was a poor analogy by me. However you know as well as I do there are many with teams that could easily be in your league that are not interested because they cannot tolerate losing to anyone. Rage posts are not rare from folks who think they should never lose with "their team"
Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 08:02 PM   #7
allenciox
All Star Reserve

I LOVE the idea that there is a whale league

So my poor FTP team made it to perfect this year. I am SO glad there is a whale league because it means there are fewer big whales I have to play against. So there are maybe 7 or 8 whales total out of 30 teams, meaning there is at least a partial chance that a non-whale can get an average or slightly winning record. The more true whales in the whale league, the better it is for the rest of us.

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 08:32 PM   #8
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
So my poor FTP team made it to perfect this year. I am SO glad there is a whale league because it means there are fewer big whales I have to play against. So there are maybe 7 or 8 whales total out of 30 teams, meaning there is at least a partial chance that a non-whale can get an average or slightly winning record. The more true whales in the whale league, the better it is for the rest of us.

Once I read this I changed my setting to stay put. With my luck if they dont have 30 teams I will end up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 10:39 PM   #9
Willie M
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
I officially became a whale last Wednesday, so the Collingwood Magpies would like to play in about 6 weeks or so. I was in iron when the Self Discipline Dam broke and the cash flowed out.
Love it... see you soon!
Old 05-31-2019, 10:42 PM   #10
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

There are 18 teams in that league that would be considered "whales" FYI.

Here is a pic of the current standings.
Attached Images

HiDesertAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 10:42 PM   #11
Willie M
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
Perhaps "true whales" was a poor analogy by me. However you know as well as I do there are many with teams that could easily be in your league that are not interested because they cannot tolerate losing to anyone. Rage posts are not rare from folks who think they should never lose with "their team"
Pretty true. Every year we seem to get a 'stacked' division. Fifth place team in this division would probably win a majority of perfect leagues, but he's having an unlucky year and there's four other elite teams in his division. I'm sure some people would not like that.
Old 05-31-2019, 11:22 PM   #12
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Haha! That the Marshall Cardinals are 58-70 in this league tells me all I need to know about the competition. That team was a wrecking ball in the "normal" leagues my team has shared with it.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 06:58 AM   #13
Charlatan
All Star Starter

OMG, I didn't realize until just today that I was somehow placed in the whale league. This is my first year in Perfect and it's been a somewhat... shall we say... bumpy ride.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 07:44 AM   #14
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Is this league still a thing? I expect to be in perfect next week, so who are the names I need to put on my friends list, and they can put my name on: "OPPORTUNITY".

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:10 AM   #15
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

That screenshot explains a lot...the one season I was on a cruise and not able to look at my team, I had my dad watching over them and we had BY FAR our worst perfect record ever. Guess it makes more sense than his mismanagement...we bounced right back up so it's all good but dang if you need to get relegated back to diamond it works like a charm.
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 11:23 PM   #16
Willie M
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Is this league still a thing? I expect to be in perfect next week, so who are the names I need to put on my friends list, and they can put my name on: "OPPORTUNITY".
Sending you a PM.
Old 06-26-2019, 12:01 AM   #17
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

P407 is the Whale League this season and it's probably the most difficult one ever. 2 to 4 contenders to win every division. Check out that AC West. The defending Whale League champ is in 3rd.
Attached Images

DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote