Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 05-31-2019, 11:38 AM   #41
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirates View Post
I have another question, by chance are you using the players miss seasons according to history feature?
No, I Do not use Miss season.
My sims are set up to play as if Players did not miss any seasons or get injured as in real life.
I also do not use real life transactions.[/QUOTE]

Ugh! This is a huge problem then. I wonder what happens with Adams if you don't use real minors? Is this a real minors issue or is it historical sim issue?

Are you using recalc in any form?
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 11:42 AM   #42
Pirates
Major Leagues

[/QUOTE]
Ugh! This is a huge problem then. I wonder what happens with Adams if you don't use real minors? Is this a real minors issue or is it historical sim issue?

Are you using recalc in any form?[/QUOTE]

I Use OOTP Engine, for simulations.

Note: Babe Adams is not the only player that this happens too. I am just using him as an Example.

Last edited by Pirates; 05-31-2019 at 11:44 AM.
Pirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 11:54 AM   #43
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Are you using recalc in any form?[/QUOTE]

I Use OOTP Engine, for simulations.

Note: Babe Adams is not the only player that this happens too. I am just using him as an Example.[/QUOTE]

Okay, that at least explains why Adams never evolves into a pitcher that won 194 games during his career. It does nothing to explain why the game gives him his real stats following the 1917 season. Even if OOTP brings him back, it should do so with his sim stats not his real stats.
Old 05-31-2019, 12:11 PM   #44
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

By chance, you don't have the feature turned on that erases all players that don't reach the major, do you?

Could the game be erasing Adams and then bringing back for the 18 season like he is a completely new player?
Old 05-31-2019, 12:14 PM   #45
Pirates
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
By chance, you don't have the feature turned on that erases all players that don't reach the major, do you?

Could the game be erasing Adams and then bringing back for the 18 season like he is a completely new player?
No, I don't use that feature when I play with Real Minor Leagues.
Old 05-31-2019, 12:36 PM   #46
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

So it appears the problem is, the game needs all these players to be occupied. Simply having them float around on reserve rosters creates issues as they never put a simulated stat on their resume. From what Spritz said, more leagues are coming in the future. I think I will hold off on using the real minors feature until then.
Old 05-31-2019, 01:33 PM   #47
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

oddly the real minors feature is not meant to be used for years when the real minors do not exist in the game. that is why there is a checkbox to turn it off or on in the historical settings screen.
Old 05-31-2019, 01:51 PM   #48
Pirates
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
oddly the real minors feature is not meant to be used for years when the real minors do not exist in the game. that is why there is a checkbox to turn it off or on in the historical settings screen.
I will try a sim(1901) with the minor league off.
I will Turn on the minor league in 1915.
I will let you know the results.
Old 05-31-2019, 01:58 PM   #49
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
We need a big sticky note with all these unwritten rules written down
Old 05-31-2019, 03:24 PM   #50
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

as egyptian hieroglyphs please
Old 06-09-2019, 10:12 PM   #51
Romagoth
Major Leagues

I'm trying to understand why the game randomly retires my prospects. I've seen this numerous times now in this version (OOTP20) and it's frustrating to the point I just go back and play a previous version of the game.

Example: I was playing as the Yankees, April 1, 2018 comes around (I imported an old save from a previous version) and Tyler Wade retires. Age 23. No reason given. He was in AAA ball (Scranton) and probably would have been on my MLB roster at some point this season.

Anyone else experience this?
Romagoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 10:36 PM   #52
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

it happens to me all the time. players as young as 18 retire. experimenting I have found that if you increase the number of minor league teams or decrease the number of players the average retirement age goes up. the game seems to be semi-random as to who to retire so hot prospects can get gone as easy as scrubs.
Old 06-10-2019, 04:55 PM   #53
Romagoth
Major Leagues

Quote:
it happens to me all the time. players as young as 18 retire. experimenting I have found that if you increase the number of minor league teams or decrease the number of players the average retirement age goes up. the game seems to be semi-random as to who to retire so hot prospects can get gone as easy as scrubs.

From what I've seen in real life, this rarely ever happens unless it's a two sport guy or a career ending injury. Is this a bug or intentional?
Romagoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 05:58 PM   #54
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

it could be a size of the data issue or an oversight. I bet they will adjust this issue if they feel it is necessary.
Old 06-20-2019, 03:36 PM   #55
OmahaReynolds
All Star Reserve

I'm getting similar errors. I started a league in 1871 and simmed to 1901. I erased all history, service time, etc. and scheduled an inaugural draft. I had historic minors checked (which might be the problem here). I have recalc off so players are having some unpredictable careers.

But the first day of every offseason certain players are just appearing in the free agent pool, year after year, with stats going back to the late 1890s.

Clark Griffith, Al Orth, Deacon Phillipe, and others. About 6 hitters and 6 pitchers. I'm glad this is a test sim.
OmahaReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote