Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-12-2019, 02:26 PM   #1
baseballfanmas
All Star Reserve

question about historical leagues

I am getting ready to run a single season replay using DICE baseball (a Table top game), and instead of using the quick play set that the game offers (which is too advanced and time consuming to do every single game) I would rather run the 2008 historical season on OOTP to decide other match-ups. What I'm trying to do may not work, but here goes:

I want to use real historical transactions for all teams, including mine, and as-played lineups for all teams, with the following exceptions:

1. I'm going to choose my own lineups based on who is available for whatever team I choose to use.

2. The game has special charts which include injuries and suspensions, which I DO want to use. For my team, it won't be a problem since I'm worried about the DICE Baseball result for my team, not the OOTP result.

However, here is where it gets confusing: if I have an injury to an opponent, how is that going to effect my sim in OOTP, since I will have historical transactions and as-played line-ups on. Will there be a way to change a line-up and take out the person that was injured? Should I figure out another way to work around?

I've probably thoroughly confused everyone with what I'm trying to do here, incorporating 2 different games into a single season replay, and I may end up better off just using the quick-play sim that comes with DICE baseball, but I would really rather not. Any suggestions on my potential issue here? If I can edit in injuries or something as needed, I'll be alright. If I can't, perhaps I will be better off playing with historical transactions but not using as-played lineups? I'm looking for anything here folks. Help me out.
baseballfanmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 04:18 PM   #2
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

Make yourself commissioner. That allows you to do just about anything you want. Obviously your wins and losses won't match up with the other game. The simplest way would be to just use historical transactions and lineups for all of the teams in the OOTP replay. That means that in the Dice game you're only affecting your own team with their injury charts and using historical injuries for everyone else. That's the fastest way. If you're willing to go one day at a time and edit each lineup for games not involving your team, you can pull the injured players manually and adjust the lineups. The catch is that the players will still be available to pinch hit, etc., unless you also change that manually. You can do whatever you want in commissioner mode. It's all in how much trouble you're willing to go to. At some point it becomes simpler to just use the other game's quick play system or to play the whole thing out with OOTP. Then at least the wins and losses will add up.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 04:41 PM   #3
baseballfanmas
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampdragon View Post
Make yourself commissioner. That allows you to do just about anything you want. Obviously your wins and losses won't match up with the other game. The simplest way would be to just use historical transactions and lineups for all of the teams in the OOTP replay. That means that in the Dice game you're only affecting your own team with their injury charts and using historical injuries for everyone else. That's the fastest way. If you're willing to go one day at a time and edit each lineup for games not involving your team, you can pull the injured players manually and adjust the lineups. The catch is that the players will still be available to pinch hit, etc., unless you also change that manually. You can do whatever you want in commissioner mode. It's all in how much trouble you're willing to go to. At some point it becomes simpler to just use the other game's quick play system or to play the whole thing out with OOTP. Then at least the wins and losses will add up.
Thanks for that! I wasn't sure if I could even do commissioner mode with as-played lineups and such turned on. If that's an option, that's the way I'll go. Believe it or not, that would even still be quicker than using the quick play. With that, gotta find the SP for each team then go through about 5 or 6 steps to declare a winner. Too tedious for me. I think I could just go dTD with an injury on ootp and be alright. I'll play around with it tonight. Thanks.
Old 03-12-2019, 05:37 PM   #4
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

I am now fascinated by this DICE baseball game as that is one that I have never heard of. (And while I have played and/or owned many tabletop baseball games- Extra Innings, Strat-O-Matic, Replay, APBA, SherCo, etc.- usually even if I haven't ever played it I've heard of it.)
Somehow this one has completely passed me by. Now I'm intrigued.
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 10:55 AM   #5
baseballfanmas
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdWatcher View Post
I am now fascinated by this DICE baseball game as that is one that I have never heard of. (And while I have played and/or owned many tabletop baseball games- Extra Innings, Strat-O-Matic, Replay, APBA, SherCo, etc.- usually even if I haven't ever played it I've heard of it.)
Somehow this one has completely passed me by. Now I'm intrigued.
It's my favorite out of the ones I've played (and I've only played DICE Baseball, Statis Pro Baseball, and APBA Baseball). I would highly recommend it. If anybody wants the website, feel free to PM me and I'd be happy to give it to you.