Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 11-07-2016, 03:52 PM   #1
TBiz
Major Leagues

Trading Block Full of Superstars

2017/2018 Season.
Oct.3.2017
Sandbox Mode.

Was interested in seeing what was on the trading block and its crazy.

Carey Price, P.K Subban, Taylor Hall, Tuuka Rask, Frederik Anderson, Brad Marchand, Pekka Rinne, Corey Schneider, Torey Krug, Milan Lucic and etc etc.

Most of these players right now wouldn't be on the trade market for a long time now.
TBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 06:28 PM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBiz View Post
2017/2018 Season.
Oct.3.2017
Sandbox Mode.

Was interested in seeing what was on the trading block and its crazy.

Carey Price, P.K Subban, Taylor Hall, Tuuka Rask, Frederik Anderson, Brad Marchand, Pekka Rinne, Corey Schneider, Torey Krug, Milan Lucic and etc etc.

Most of these players right now wouldn't be on the trade market for a long time now.
Haven't two of those guys actually been traded within the last 6 months in real life though? So it doesn't seem like a stretch that they could be available in game.

Plus I know Hall's been discussed in a lot of trade rumors. A year from now, who knows who might be available. No one would've thought Montreal would trade Subban this summer f.e.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 11-07-2016 at 09:43 PM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 08:18 PM   #3
Fleascool
Bat Boy

I've noticed lots of 5* players up for trade as well.
However, the other teams seem to want so much for them that it isn't worth it.
I guess everyone has a price (Gretzky to LA anyone) but it depends if you're willing to pay the price.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:32 PM   #4
Romagoth
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Haven't two of those guys actually been traded within the last 6 months in real life though? So it doesn't seem like a stretch that they could be available in game.

Plus I know Hall's been discussed in a lot of trade rumors. A year from now, who know's who might be available. No one would've thought Montreal would trade Subban this summer f.e.
Hall was traded to the Devils this past offseason.
Romagoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 09:43 PM   #5
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romagoth View Post
Hall was traded to the Devils this past offseason.
Yes, so he was. Very stupid of me to forget that

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 09:19 AM   #6
TBiz
Major Leagues

was thinking more of that stats production. each player listed had an above average year. Price may have went 32-31 but had a 2.35 GAA and .913 Sv%
Old 11-08-2016, 01:23 PM   #7
Romagoth
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Yes, so he was. Very stupid of me to forget that
Nah, you aren't stupid. You just forgot about the trade. No biggie.
Old 11-08-2016, 01:25 PM   #8
Romagoth
Major Leagues

Quote:
was thinking more of that stats production. each player listed had an above average year. Price may have went 32-31 but had a 2.35 GAA and .913 Sv%
I am ok with most of those players being on the trade block; I mean, if Wayne Gretzky can get traded then anyone can be traded.

But, it does seem like an awful lot of star players on the block and for a franchise goalie to be on the block is rather tough to understand. The only goalie I can think of who was traded as a star was Patrick Roy. Wait...from the Montreal Canadiens as well...hmmm....
Old 11-08-2016, 01:35 PM   #9
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Maybe the teams were rebuilding or something, though that does seem like a bit much.

Plus I think it would take a bit more then that for the Habs to trade Price, and after just trading for Subban it seems a bit of a stretch of him getting traded anytime soon.

Sure anyone can get traded but how often do you actually see a superstar get traded, with not even 1 blockbuster trade a year it can happen but it is rare.
Trade logic likely needs to be tweaked
OutS|der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 02:08 PM   #10
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romagoth View Post
But, it does seem like an awful lot of star players on the block and for a franchise goalie to be on the block is rather tough to understand. The only goalie I can think of who was traded as a star was Patrick Roy. Wait...from the Montreal Canadiens as well...hmmm....
Jose Theodore was traded four years after his MVP winning season. And Mike Liut was a star as well, when he was sent to the Whalers in 1985.
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 03:30 PM   #11
GoBucsGo
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (4)
The real question is, are they just on the block, or are they actually getting traded??
GoBucsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 07:51 PM   #12
TBiz
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBucsGo View Post
The real question is, are they just on the block, or are they actually getting traded??
My game crashed in the playoffs, but Carey Price was sent to Arizona for a 4th round pick and a player that was drafted. Can't remember who it was. but seemed unrealistic unless the Montreal Gods were like "We need to be like Toronto"
Old 11-09-2016, 02:55 PM   #13
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
My game crashed in the playoffs, but Carey Price was sent to Arizona for a 4th round pick and a player that was drafted. Can't remember who it was. but seemed unrealistic unless the Montreal Gods were like "We need to be like Toronto"
Did they lose the last game 11-1? Maybe he let in 9 goals too and they had to trade him
OutS|der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 10:00 AM   #14
Hoiles
All Star Reserve

I think Price's contract expires at the end of 2017-18, so it wouldn't be unrealistic to deal him if he weren't to re-sign. Of course, a good AI would make every attempt to re-sign him instead of getting scraps for him, or at the very least, hold out for a good deal. I guess none of the other guys being on the block are, by themselves, too unrealistic, but them being ALL on the block at the same time is.
Hoiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 01:26 PM   #15
Romagoth
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens66 View Post
Jose Theodore was traded four years after his MVP winning season. And Mike Liut was a star as well, when he was sent to the Whalers in 1985.
Price is a franchise goalie, neither Theodore nor Liut was even close to that level of play.