Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > FHM 3 - Technical Support

FHM 3 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 10-17-2016, 04:29 PM   #1
BossDogLuke
Bat Boy

CPU Trading

One issue I've seen pretty early on is the CPU is still making trades that don't make a lot of sense.

Example:

CGY trades:
Dennis Wideman, RD, 33
T.J. Brodie, RD, 26

WSH trades:
Justin Williams, RW, 34
2017 WSH 5th round pick

Yes, this trade could potentially happen. Cap constraints since the Wideman deal isn't great, Calgary might want a forward, etc. This next part is what is confusing to me as this happened 3 days later:

CGY trades:
2017 CGY 4th round pick

WSH trades:
Dennis Wideman, RD, 33

Not only does Washington trade Wideman 3 days after acquiring him, but they trade him back to the exact same team. Issues like this have happened in the past in FHM2 and are not realistic situations. Just bringing this to the attention of everyone to see if anyone else has issues like these.

After about 2 hours of digging into the beta, I am very impressed and cannot wait for the full game!
BossDogLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 04:40 PM   #2
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

I had Morgan Reilly for Loui Eriksson straight up.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 04:45 PM   #3
Smetana
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by krownroyal83 View Post
I had Morgan Reilly for Loui Eriksson straight up.
There are issues with the CPU trading that still need plenty of work, for sure. But this deal IMO isn't too bad, it's certainly believable.
Old 10-17-2016, 04:48 PM   #4
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smetana View Post
There are issues with the CPU trading that still need plenty of work, for sure. But this deal IMO isn't too bad, it's certainly believable.
Of course it needs work. And no this isn't a believable trade, don't be silly lol
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 04:54 PM   #5
Rand
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krownroyal83 View Post
Of course it needs work. And no this isn't a believable trade, don't be silly lol
I wouldn't say it's a good trade but if you were of the belief that Toronto was in a position to push for the cup this season, and they had a major hole up front while their D was relatively strong it would be plausible.

As is, their clearly not cup contenders right now so dealing a young talented player at a position of need for a veteran at a position their stronger at is definitely absurd.
Rand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 04:59 PM   #6
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Trade AI is something we constantly try to improve. But many variables play a role here: please always consider that the AI does not know names like we do, it just looks at ratings and stats. So it might be that a player is over/underrated for example. But again, we work on every AI in the game and tweak it with every update.
Old 10-17-2016, 05:15 PM   #7
BossDogLuke
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Trade AI is something we constantly try to improve. But many variables play a role here: please always consider that the AI does not know names like we do, it just looks at ratings and stats. So it might be that a player is over/underrated for example. But again, we work on every AI in the game and tweak it with every update.
This is incredibly understandable, a lot of work goes into that system. I guess my main point here is in my opinion (if possible) to put a little more emphasis on 1) age and 2) recent player movement (getting traded back and forth from the same team) would make the trade engine more effective. I'm not a coding guy so I don't know if thi is possible, but if so I think it would help. Cheers!
BossDogLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 12:36 AM   #8
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossDogLuke View Post
This is incredibly understandable, a lot of work goes into that system. I guess my main point here is in my opinion (if possible) to put a little more emphasis on 1) age and 2) recent player movement (getting traded back and forth from the same team) would make the trade engine more effective. I'm not a coding guy so I don't know if thi is possible, but if so I think it would help. Cheers!
We did add some restrictions on moving recently-acquired guys, but it's not a 100% override. I'll keep an eye on it, in case it's happening too much.

The Canucks do like to move Eriksson for a younger guy, but that's because the AI, unlike Jim Benning, tends to put them in rebuild mode right from the start. (And since he was signed before the game start, the AI doesn't realize he's that new to the team. At some point we may consider adding pre-existing acquisition dates.)

Last edited by JeffR; 10-18-2016 at 11:46 PM.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 01:24 AM   #9
Torgonius
All Star Reserve

Just had Martin Jones traded from San Jose to Pittsburgh...

Then waived by Pittsburgh.
Torgonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 09:41 PM   #10
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smetana View Post
As a Canucks' fan, this would be an amazing steal. There's no chance TOR makes that deal with us.
dmacgreg37 is offline   Reply With Quote