Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-03-2016, 02:37 PM   #1
AC
Minors (Double A)

Historical Facegen install on Steam version

I've searched the forums but I can't seem to find a simple, step by step guide for idiots like me who can't figure out how to get the historical Facgen pack into the Steam version of the game.

So.....can someone help?

Thanks.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 02:42 PM   #2
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

The 2016 AIO includes nearly 30,000 historical facegen files. Did you download and install it?
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 02:46 PM   #3
AC
Minors (Double A)

And that is located where?

This is my first year using the Steam version, so I've been spoiled by the simple Adds On Central installer, which isn't on Steam.
Old 04-03-2016, 03:02 PM   #4
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

On the main screen (OOTP main menu), you'll see a link to Workshop Central. Click on "open workshop". This is where you'll find the mods available through Steam. Once you "subscribe" to a particular mod, the mod will download. When the mod is downloaded, go back to Workshop Central through the OOTP main menu. Click on the AIO mod. In the pane on the right side you'll see a description of the mod. Scroll down to where it says "INSTALL".

Last edited by pstrickert; 04-03-2016 at 03:05 PM.
Old 04-04-2016, 02:43 PM   #5
Greek
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
On the main screen (OOTP main menu), you'll see a link to Workshop Central. Click on "open workshop". This is where you'll find the mods available through Steam. Once you "subscribe" to a particular mod, the mod will download. When the mod is downloaded, go back to Workshop Central through the OOTP main menu. Click on the AIO mod. In the pane on the right side you'll see a description of the mod. Scroll down to where it says "INSTALL".
Help me with this please. When I go to the workshop I can get it to work perfectly if someone gives me the site to input. What is not there is a listing of all/many of the sites where the data files are. For example, I am looking again for the 3D teams and face gen sites I used on 16 but I recall in 16 I had to input the sites before they then appeared (all the time) after that. Am I missing something?
Greek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 03:53 PM   #6
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
I've searched the forums but I can't seem to find a simple, step by step guide for idiots like me who can't figure out how to get the historical Facgen pack into the Steam version of the game.

So.....can someone help?

Thanks.
For the 2016 All-in-One, first go here and download 2016_AIO. The rest of the instructions will vary depending on your operating system. I'm most familiar with Windows 10, so if it's something other than that, we may have to get some help.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:34 PM   #7
AC
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
When I go back into OOTP, there is not an option to install the mod in the right pane. There is an option to update the mod, but when I click it, the right pane just scrolls back up and nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Old 04-05-2016, 10:31 PM   #8
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

This is what I see when I click on Workshop Central in OOTP. Is this not what you see?
Attached Images
Old 04-05-2016, 10:55 PM   #9
AC
Minors (Double A)

Nope. Instead of the green install link at the bottom, I have a message about an update available, click to download it. When I click, the right pane just jumps back to the top of the page and nothing happens.
Old 04-05-2016, 10:57 PM   #10
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Is your left pane identical to mine in the screenshot?
Old 04-05-2016, 11:46 PM   #11
AC
Minors (Double A)

Yes.
Old 04-05-2016, 11:56 PM   #12
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

That's odd. What do you see when you go through Workshop Central and into Steam? Are you still subscribed to the AIO mod? Any reference to an update there?
Old 04-06-2016, 08:07 AM   #13
AC
Minors (Double A)

Yes, still subscribed to the mod and I see no references to an update. Do I need to add it to a collection or something?
Old 04-06-2016, 08:41 AM   #14
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Not sure if this helps, but I actually had to download the All in One twice to get it to work. The first time even though I was subscribed, I simply couldn't get it to install. The second time around I got the green install option Pstrickert displayed and it installed right away.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 08:58 AM   #15
AC
Minors (Double A)

Downloaded again and it appears to be installing.

Thanks!