Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 09-28-2015, 04:26 PM   #41
MooK881
Minors (Double A)

i like to play in commish mode and in the last version, when in commish mode, you couldnt see any player ratings.
Is this changed this year?

Also, can you turn off scouting?

thanks!
MooK881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 04:27 PM   #42
pat2014
Bat Boy

EDIT: Nevermind. It was indeed my anti-virus who was the issue. Download is now running smoothly!

Last edited by pat2014; 09-28-2015 at 05:02 PM.
pat2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 04:28 PM   #43
Malte Schwarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
Are exhibition games non-playable?
They are playable, just like normal regular season games.
Malte Schwarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 04:34 PM   #44
skottep
Bat Boy

Historical drafts with real players?

Hi, in FHM1, the historical drafts that were held after seasons' end did not include real players. I like to go back in time, start with a particular year, and then move forward in time, but i want real players to be available. For instance, the early-mid 80s did not include Mario Lemieux, Steve Yzerman, etc., as I played through seasons and atteneded the off-season entry draft. Has this been fixed for FHM2?

Thanks
skottep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 04:35 PM   #45
Spaumi10
Bat Boy

PhotoFit for GM/Coach

Maybe I have just missed it, but can you import a PhotoFit file for myself as GM/Coach in a New real life game, and if so where?

Thanks

EDIT: I spent a while trying to find it and then as soon as I post it I find it. I had to click the GM/Coach name in the upper left, then there was an option under "Picture." Sorry.

Last edited by Spaumi10; 09-28-2015 at 04:40 PM.
Spaumi10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 04:40 PM   #46
no way
Minors (Triple A)

I have one small question, I read here that there is supposed to be csv data export option, which I can't find, is it included or it didn't made cut?
no way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 04:54 PM   #47
Malte Schwarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooK881 View Post
i like to play in commish mode and in the last version, when in commish mode, you couldnt see any player ratings.
Is this changed this year?
I'm not sure what you mean with "you couldnt see any player ratings" but in the FHM 2 commish mode you can see player ratings, even when a player is not scouted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooK881 View Post
Also, can you turn off scouting?
No, you can't turn off scouting completely but if you don't want to handle scouting by yourself you can assign scouting to the AI.
Old 09-28-2015, 04:57 PM   #48
Malte Schwarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by no way View Post
I have one small question, I read here that there is supposed to be csv data export option, which I can't find, is it included or it didn't made cut?
At the moment this option is only available in online leagues, but I think we will enable it for normal leagues as well.
Old 09-28-2015, 04:59 PM   #49
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skottep View Post
Hi, in FHM1, the historical drafts that were held after seasons' end did not include real players. I like to go back in time, start with a particular year, and then move forward in time, but i want real players to be available. For instance, the early-mid 80s did not include Mario Lemieux, Steve Yzerman, etc., as I played through seasons and atteneded the off-season entry draft. Has this been fixed for FHM2?

Thanks
The drafts in historical mode do contain real players, yes.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 05:00 PM   #50
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post

My question - will it be saved and shown correctly going forward from this point?

Thanks
Yes.
Old 09-28-2015, 05:01 PM   #51
no way
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malte Schwarz View Post
At the moment this option is only available in online leagues, but I think we will enable it for normal leagues as well.
Glad to hear that, was looking forward to that option.
no way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 05:09 PM   #52
beantownbruin
Bat Boy

In the roster screen, is there a way to quickly view just my Forwards/Defense/Goalies without using the "Filter" and checking and unchecking the boxes each time? In other words, is there a button I can push to see just certain positional players or is the "Filter" the only option?
beantownbruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 05:13 PM   #53
Odisio
Bat Boy

Is it possible to start the game from a fantasy draft with real NHL players? Is it possible to start a fictional league with real players?
Odisio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 05:14 PM   #54
jwr38
Minors (Single A)

How does scouting work. If I scout the OHL and then scout one player from that list with a poor skilled scout. Does the poor scout's information end up what we see? Or is it combined?

Is there a quick key for going back a page .... so I don't have to move the mouse all the time?
jwr38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 05:17 PM   #55
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beantownbruin View Post
In the roster screen, is there a way to quickly view just my Forwards/Defense/Goalies without using the "Filter" and checking and unchecking the boxes each time? In other words, is there a button I can push to see just certain positional players or is the "Filter" the only option?
Filter's the only way at the moment.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 05:26 PM   #56
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

Just bought it and installed it!

First question: If we deselect these additional leagues (Sweden, etc.), will we still see talent from the countries appearing in the game via draft, free agency, etc.?
Old 09-28-2015, 05:30 PM   #57
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
Just bought it and installed it!

First question: If we deselect these additional leagues (Sweden, etc.), will we still see talent from the countries appearing in the game via draft, free agency, etc.?
Oh, yeah, absolutely. The leagues don't go away when they're made nonplayable, they just get much simpler AI, don't play out games (player stats are simulated), and you won't be able to take over a team in them later in the game.

That said, it's not a massive speed hit to enable playability for them unless your system is really old, and the game will be a more realistic with them all set to playable.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 05:33 PM   #58
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwr38 View Post
How does scouting work. If I scout the OHL and then scout one player from that list with a poor skilled scout. Does the poor scout's information end up what we see? Or is it combined?

Is there a quick key for going back a page .... so I don't have to move the mouse all the time?
Backspace will take you back.

And as for scouting, I would recommend checking out the manual (can be found in-game from the main menu).. It provdes a detailed rundown of scouting that goes into much better detail than I could.
Old 09-28-2015, 05:39 PM   #59
jvjc1233
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Really stupid question..After I select new game and put in the file name and select the leagues, how do I advance? Using a 2015 11' MacBook Air if that helps..I don't see an option to advance anywhere

Last edited by jvjc1233; 09-28-2015 at 05:43 PM.
jvjc1233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 06:03 PM   #60
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

So it seems as though there is not a place to put jerseys/helmets/team logos/league logos so that ANY new league would look for those images to start with?

As it seems now, you have to add them into the league folder itself each time? Just wanting to confirm since I'm setting up test sim leagues now.