Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Names and Nations

Old 11-07-2011, 12:54 AM   #141
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSA1066 View Post
I have been searching and I came across some stuff that suggested that player out put for American leagues is just hard coded. Is that true?
Try changing the ethnicities settings for your American leagues in the XML file. The U.S. is set by default for almost all of its players to be of U.S. (modern) and Hispanic ethnicity. My guess is that this means that almost all players will originate from America and from countries where the Hispanic ethnicity can be found.

You might need to change the ethnicities settings under the U.S. nation ID so that higher percentages come from your desired locations. The base total for the U.S. is 3000, and the U.S. modern ethnicity has a value of 2500 in the file, while Hispanic has a value of 420. All the rest have a value of just 2, meaning that there will be very few players of those ethnicities. So try dramatically lowering the proportion for Hispanic and increasing the Asian and Indian representation considerably.

I can't guarantee that this will fix your problem, but it's my best suggestion.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:08 AM   #142
RSA1066
Bat Boy

Charlie, thanks for the suggestion. But even after I set Hispanic to zero, and gave all the Latin countries non-existent programs this is how my quickly made one league test league produced players.

US 526
Dominican 60
Venezuela 49
Puerto Rico 31
Mexico 23
Cuba 15
Canada 9
Panama 8
Italy 4
South Korea 3
RSA1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:57 PM   #143
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

Are you doing a historical fictional league or a contemporary one? And did you increase the representation from other countries whose baseball qualities you increased?

Based on your data, you may be right: nations of origin for players in American leagues may be hard coded. But this really goes against OOTP's tendencies over the years, which have been to allow total customization and not to hard code things like this.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. Maybe I'll try to do some testing and see what I can figure out. Or maybe post your question in the general forum so it will get a lot more attention.

Last edited by Charlie Hough; 11-07-2011 at 06:27 PM.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:26 PM   #144
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

I was able to get some info from Markus. Here is what he said about nations of origin for players in U.S. leagues.

Quote:
Yes, it is in fact hard-coded to provide best possible accuracy. Just going by baseball-quality would not allow this.

Going around this would require you to initially set the league up elsewhere and edit league & team nations after player creation.
According to Andreas at OOTP Developments:

Quote:
If you want to change the proportion of players in the USA with a modded world_default.xml file, there's an easy workaround: Edit the XML file and change both the ID and the name of the USA to something else.
Markus and Andreas also said that they plan to address this in OOTP13. Hopefully there will be an option in the XML file to bypass the hard coding.

Last edited by Charlie Hough; 11-08-2011 at 05:39 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:06 PM   #145
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

New problem: Is there any way to make changes in the world_default.xml file that will be reflected in an established game?

I have a league where I want to make some changes to reflect geopolitical changes, so I edited the world_default.xml file. Those changes, however, were not reflected in the in-game list of nations or nation editor. I can, however, still make changes in the nation editor.

To test whether my edits to the world_default file were to blame, I started a new league. The changes that I made in the world_default file all showed up in the nation list. So it seems that changes to the world_default file will be incorporated into a new game, but they won't be incorporated into an existing game.

I also re-imported the name and ethnicity databases after making changes to the world_default file, but that didn't help. Is there any way to do something similar with the world_default file and "re-import" it?
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:17 PM   #146
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromchicago View Post
New problem: Is there any way to make changes in the world_default.xml file that will be reflected in an established game?

I have a league where I want to make some changes to reflect geopolitical changes, so I edited the world_default.xml file. Those changes, however, were not reflected in the in-game list of nations or nation editor. I can, however, still make changes in the nation editor.

To test whether my edits to the world_default file were to blame, I started a new league. The changes that I made in the world_default file all showed up in the nation list. So it seems that changes to the world_default file will be incorporated into a new game, but they won't be incorporated into an existing game.

I also re-imported the name and ethnicity databases after making changes to the world_default file, but that didn't help. Is there any way to do something similar with the world_default file and "re-import" it?
Unfortunately, there is no way to re-import a world XML file at the moment.
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:41 PM   #147
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Thanks, Andreas, for the response, but I just have to say: wow! The world_default.xml file is really screwed up. It certainly limits the usefulness of the file if no changes can be made to it once a game has been started.

I'll just reiterate that I think having all of this information in an xml file is a good idea. I'm disappointed, though, that it has been so fatally flawed in practice, and I can only hope that version 13 will fix all of these problems.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:55 PM   #148
Stu
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzamba View Post
Again, if you're patient, you might save yourself a lot of work by waiting for the next big update/patch that should be coming out in a few weeks. It will implement the option to set up leagues in specific regions. This means all you'll have to do is create a region that includes only the state of Pennsylvania. (In other words, you'll only need to add about 3 lines of code to the database instead of altering most of the rest of the database. )
Was this functionality added in one of the patches? If so can somebody explain how to use it? I'd like to create a New England league. I see the region is defined in the world_default.xml already but not sure how to create a league using just that region. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:13 AM   #149
Syt
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Was this functionality added in one of the patches? If so can somebody explain how to use it? I'd like to create a New England league. I see the region is defined in the world_default.xml already but not sure how to create a league using just that region. Any help would be appreciated.

I don't think it was. I've shelved my pan-Euro league for now, because having to set one single league nation creates all kinds of wonkiness (e.g. owners/coaches/managers being generated almost exclusively with league's nationality instead of teams' nationality).
Old 01-26-2012, 04:53 PM   #150
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

nm
Pre-OOTP 23 Custom Cap & Jersey Template v3.0 by Deft and NoPepper (with layers from other various artists) that I use: Caps, Jerseys

Last edited by cephasjames; 01-26-2012 at 08:07 PM.
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:36 PM   #151
sabby787
Minors (Rookie Ball)

EDIT: Nevermind, after reading over the topic I think all my questions were previously answered.

Last edited by sabby787; 03-09-2012 at 03:52 PM.
sabby787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:12 AM   #152
Ozymandius
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromchicago View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
Unfortunately, there is no way to re-import a world XML file at the moment.

Any movement on the ability to make changes to the world.dat file either through editor or through importing the cities.csv file created via export?
Ozymandius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:37 AM   #153
Ozymandius
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Ignore above post

Please ignore the above post. I dug a little more in the forums and found this thread..linking for others looking to edit current game data for cities.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3291653
Ozymandius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:04 AM   #154
JWay
Hall Of Famer

Bump. Lots of useful info here.
JWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:03 PM   #155
BallFan
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandius View Post
Any movement on the ability to make changes to the world.dat file either through editor or through importing the cities.csv file created via export?

I was scouring the forums looking for the answer to this very question.... will be really helpful for the time where I get to a point in history where Israelis might be playing baseball...

BallFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:35 PM   #156
daves
Hall Of Famer

Subscribed to thread.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:27 AM   #157
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Does anyone have good working World Default file that has the 50 United States listed as separate nations that would work in OOTP12, OOTP13, or OOTP14 and would be willing to share it with me?
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote