Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 06-25-2011, 12:19 AM   #21
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Location: In a dark, damp cave where I'm training slugs to run the bases......
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwalk View Post
Yes that is my thought .. Maybe 4 teams only for the weakest countries, 6 teams for mid-level teams and 8 teams for the top level independant leagues, that would put another method in place whereby stronger countries would have a larger player pool to pick from and therefore, presumably, be stronger.
This is an interesting thing you are trying and you must keep us informed of your progress.
Questdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 12:22 AM   #22
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questdog View Post
This is an interesting thing you are trying and you must keep us informed of your progress.
Will do. It's going to take a while and some testing, but we'll see how it goes.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:06 AM   #23
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Hmm I am testing with a 4 team mini version of the proposed league with independants and it seems messed up somehow with the player stars... It is saying a lot of terrible players are 5 star both in potential and actual, I'm confused, but I figure it must be something to do with what I changed in PCM.

Just to test it, I created a 4 team major league with USA, Japan, CAnada and Bolivia.

I left USA and Japan PCMs at 1.0 and dropped Canada to .850 and Bolivia to .700 just to see what kind of results I would get. I'll sim more now. Still confused about the star thing though.

Edit: I figured it out ... Since I set the main league as .100, everyone else is compared to that and are therefore all considered studs ... Which seems to be impacting their contract demands too ... Hmmmm ....

I can probably eventually move the major league PCM back up, can't I? I'm not going to have an amateur draft, so it should be OK, as I am going to have the drafts in the independant league ... Will it still create players each season in the major league?

Last edited by Cole; 06-25-2011 at 01:09 AM.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:14 AM   #24
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Yes, it will still create players.

Moving the PCMs back up will defeat your purpose.

The thing I think to do is to find out exactly when players are created each year for the main league. Then you can move the PCMs up to 1.000 for all the year and set them back to .100 just before the players are created. Then bounce them back up.

Three dates to check are 1) first date of offeseason , 2) Jan 1 and 3) first day of preseason.

It's been a long time since I had a league without a draft and I can't remember when the players are created.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:18 AM   #25
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes, it will still create players.

Moving the PCMs back up will defeat your purpose.

The thing I think to do is to find out exactly when players are created each year for the main league. Then you can move the PCMs up to 1.000 for all the year and set them back to .100 just before the players are created. Then bounce them back up.

Three dates to check are 1) first date of offeseason , 2) Jan 1 and 3) first day of preseason.

It's been a long time since I had a league without a draft and I can't remember when the players are created.
Alright makes sense, that could work ... And these players just go into the free agency pool as long as I don't have a ammy draft set up?
Old 06-25-2011, 01:23 AM   #26
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Early issue I am seeing is that even allowing 5 foreign "imports" on major league rosters, the AAA team is becoming a place where great, ML quality players who just happen to be of the wrong nationality end up.

I wish I could set roster foreigner limit rules on all levels of the minors so I could control how many total foreigners are in a team's entire organization .. Not sure how to get around that ...
Old 06-25-2011, 01:31 AM   #27
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alright makes sense, that could work ... And these players just go into the free agency pool as long as I don't have a ammy draft set up?
Wherever these players go (and I think it is to the FA pool) it won't matter, because nobody will want them and they'll retire after going jobless for a season or two.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:35 AM   #28
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Early issue I am seeing is that even allowing 5 foreign "imports" on major league rosters, the AAA team is becoming a place where great, ML quality players who just happen to be of the wrong nationality end up.

I wish I could set roster foreigner limit rules on all levels of the minors so I could control how many total foreigners are in a team's entire organization .. Not sure how to get around that ...
The way I was advising to set it up, I assumed you'd have no minor leagues within the main league. But did you set the minor league affiliates to be in the same country as the parent team? If so, I think they should follow the same rules for foreigners.

But honestly, I think it would probably work better with no minor leagues or maybe one level at most.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:13 AM   #29
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The way I was advising to set it up, I assumed you'd have no minor leagues within the main league. But did you set the minor league affiliates to be in the same country as the parent team? If so, I think they should follow the same rules for foreigners.

But honestly, I think it would probably work better with no minor leagues or maybe one level at most.
Hmm, so no minor leagues in the entire universe? Interesting ...
I kind of like the idea of young players getting to work their way up through the minors, but I suppose in a sense the independant leagues will act as unofficial minor leagues ...
Old 06-25-2011, 10:08 AM   #30
Afino
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I was thinking about a similar setup that's being discussed in this thread.

And one aspect that I knew was a good idea is no minor leagues in the whole universe.

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 12:49 PM   #31
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
Yeah, I was thinking about a similar setup that's being discussed in this thread.

And one aspect that I knew was a good idea is no minor leagues in the whole universe.
What kind of league specifically were you thinking of? Have any other ideas or thoughts? I'd love to hear your feedback. Thanks.

Does anyone think I should use reserve rosters for this type or league or just go without? What are the pros and cons of each?
Old 06-25-2011, 04:19 PM   #32
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What kind of league specifically were you thinking of? Have any other ideas or thoughts? I'd love to hear your feedback. Thanks.

Does anyone think I should use reserve rosters for this type or league or just go without? What are the pros and cons of each?
I would personally have no reserve roster either (don't like players sitting around doing nothing), but if you feel uncomfortable with that, give each team one minor league team. Works the same as a reserve roster, almost, but lets the players do something besides play cards.....
Old 10-29-2011, 03:29 PM   #33
Syt
Minors (Double A)

Sorry for necroing this thread.

I've set up my pan-European league with 64 teams, to run alongside the MLB as fictional major league.

As league nation I picked Luxembourg . . . with the effect that all the owners and almost all managers/coaches are now from there.

I guess there's no way around that without creating a "Europe" nation in the World file or similar (as long as the regions aren't implemented in the game ...)?

If so, I guess there'd be no way to prevent players from this fictional nation to pop up now and then?

It really kinda kills immersion for me in this case. I would love it much better if owners/managers/coaches were created from the nations the teams are in (as the players are) instead of from "league HQ country".
Old 10-29-2011, 11:12 PM   #34
Tom the Fish
All Star Reserve

If anyone has gotten this to work, I would love to see a quickstart.

Tom
Tom the Fish is offline   Reply With Quote