Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Mods

Old 08-13-2010, 03:30 PM   #1
bob_bask
Hall Of Famer

Automated Role

I have recently been forced to come into contact with excel on a regular bases (work related) and used what spare time I have to create what I have called "Automated Role".

It's main function is to place the user in the position of a boxer, enabling them to consider possible match-ups, hire cornermen, financial elements.

I haven't fully developed what I feel is it's potential, but I wanted to put it out there as I have do not have sufficient time to test it enough to find it's core limitations.

The features so far are:

Boxer Summary, Rankings, Promoters, Opponent Summary, Set Up Camp, Match Up and Bank Account.

Last edited by bob_bask; 11-26-2010 at 12:27 PM.
bob_bask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:22 PM   #2
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

Interesting but it appears to be set on your universe settings. How do I import from my custom uni settings?
zyberianwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:27 PM   #3
bob_bask
Hall Of Famer

Information on how to import your universe data is located on the "Home" sheet. If you highlight the tabs titles on this sheet, ie "Boxer Summary" - a box will appear giving you a step-by-step guide.

If still unable to get your data on the worksheet, please let me know.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:48 PM   #4
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

well I tried that maybe I'm doing something wrong open excel run sheet export the xml file boxer summary sheet (macors have been disabeled) data XML import enabeled macros found the file i want the specified xml source does not refer to a schema. Excel will create a scema based on the xml source data..ok where do you want to put the data...the $e$2 looks ok number of elements exceeds the number of columns available hmm lets try a1 instead hmm nope makes a table view of the XML.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:34 PM   #5
bob_bask
Hall Of Famer

My apologizes, it is not you. I overlooked including the required xml source files.

To import.

Data > XML > Import > Locate and add each file in the zip.

Hopefully will then work for you.

Many thanks and my apologizes again.

Last edited by bob_bask; 08-17-2010 at 04:32 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:39 PM   #6
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

its ok that's what I'm here for to seek out problems with these files now once I click on refresh after loading the new files you gave me i find this....

*removed by kind request* although to be honest the likely hood of you getting hacked is remote unless you so something really stupid online to begin with.

Hope that makes sense and in my uni its all RFG EVERYONE (fighters, refs, judges etc) I have a little excel myself that I use to randomly generate the numbers for the judges, refs and cornermen and when I feel froggy enough I'll attempt to put it on access. I can use the templates from the boxing scouting report (found somewhere on here) as a guide to use my random numbers for the non fighters.

***note to ANDREAS!!!!!!!*** Would be nice if the next version has RFG for everything else in addition to fighters. Cant be that hard to do can it?

Last edited by zyberianwarrior; 08-17-2010 at 08:59 PM. Reason: requested
Old 08-17-2010, 04:45 PM   #7
bob_bask
Hall Of Famer

Sorry I hope (fingers crossed) it was simply a case of giving you the incorrect way to import the xml maps.

Data > XML > XML Source > XML Maps (bottom right) > Add > Locate files.

Hopefully that will do trick.

Sidenote - thank you for feedback, I'm learning from your comments. But if you could please possibly remove the failed locations, i.e. /boxing/tb etc. for privacy reasons, thank you very much. Look forward to your response.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:08 PM   #8
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

well I found how to change the links but getting a failed schema request
Old 08-17-2010, 09:50 PM   #9
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

I don't know where I'm going wrong I just cant figure out the system on this one. This appears to be site/computer specific I found where to make the changes but keep getting failed messages.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:48 PM   #10
bob_bask
Hall Of Famer

I'm having real problems being able to export schema with mapping remaining in place. Afraid best I can do is full schema - but without cells already mapped - meaning would you require you to manually map them. Not ideal, or what I intended, but if intent on at least getting worksheet to function, only take a matter of minutes.

Last edited by bob_bask; 11-26-2010 at 12:28 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:27 PM   #11
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

ok i'll need a while on this one. I actually have a decent job interview to go to in a little bitmaybe this one will pan out...one I had last week didn't like my resume because I didn't go back 20 years....half that crap I forgot where I worked and even if i did remember I don't know if they are still in business or I was only there a few months anyway. sheezh!!!!!!! Maybe I should root for Obozo so I can sit on my butt and collect welfare for three years like everyone else.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:01 PM   #12
bob_bask
Hall Of Famer

Good luck with the interview friend.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:59 PM   #13
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

the interview may of been a bust I used for work as a sub contractor for Dish and this is with ADT I just see a repeat of the same with them. I lost close to $2000 with Dish's bull****. I dunno about going to ADT though if it was the actual adt probably but an "authorized reseller of them as for these files what exactly am I supposed to do with them they are not going into the excel program?