Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-17-2019, 01:00 AM   #41
oriole^
Minors (Double A)

Network engineer, here. Can report same behavior - missing graphics and some resultant formatting problems. Lots of alt text. Using Firefox 66.0.5 (64-bit) on Win 10. Location is central Maryland, using Comcast ISP. Time is now 0353Z on 17May2019. This looks very much like a misrouted connection on the backend; I'm seeing multiple failed attempts to connect to a graphics server on the cdn77.org domain, as was reported earlier on the thread. Since it is roughly geographically isolated, it is possible that one of the servers within that domain isn't participating in the array, or there's a similar load balancer issue...generally, a topological issue which is only being encountered by certain incoming requests. To translate that to layman's terms, there's a problem within OOTP's forum hosting space, it isn't working right, and they'll have to fix it. I don't think there is any malware associated with this. There might be a coincidental or uncovered infection going on if your anti-malware software is detecting something. Always better to be safe rather than sorry when it comes to personal computer security.

Visit The Boardwalk for Sports, Gaming, and other talk!
oriole^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 01:07 AM   #42
oriole^
Minors (Double A)

Also looks like the message composer (/board/newreply.php?...) isn't able to format properly for me. I'm unable to use any text formatting on the UI.[P] Trying this one manually to see if it will work.

Visit The Boardwalk for Sports, Gaming, and other talk!
oriole^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 02:24 AM   #43
Andreas Raht
Administrator

As mentioned above, CDN77 is our Content Delivery Network (CDN) provider. They are great guys providing a great service. They just host our files on a server near to your place
If the files download slowly for some users and not for others, there must be a problem with one of their server locations. Very likely a network/internet problem. All of their customers would see this problem and their monitoring tools would report it as well. Hence, usually it's fixed after some hours.

I checked their status page and everthing seems to be fine now. Do you still see problems? Please hit the refresh key (F5 and also Ctrl+F5) in your browser.
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 05:18 AM   #44
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The OOTP website here has been messed up for about 2 days now for me. I'm using Chrome browser on a PC and running Windows 10. Everything is up to date and other websites are working just fine.

I can't upload a pic of what the site looks like using the formatting/attachment controls because none of that is working, but here is a link to an image hosting site that shows what I'm experiencing...

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 06:02 AM   #45
zappa1
All Star Starter

I have windows 10 with the Edge browser and I too, just had a windows update. This jumbled mess has happened before. After a bit, it gets fixed. This time, however, it's like 2 days of this now. All selections for things like "thanks", "quick reply to this message", "Reply with quote", etc. are all little black squares with an X.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 06:37 AM   #46
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Windows 10, Firefox, Chrome and Edge on three different computers, same problem. Phone and tablet seem to be okay, so I doubt it could be my provider. OOTP sites are the only thing not working. In Pennsylvania, Verizon is ISP.

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 05-17-2019 at 06:38 AM.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:02 AM   #47
bosunmate
All Star Starter

I am also having problems with only OOTP site, no graphics and slow using internet explorer and windows 10.
bosunmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:56 AM   #48
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
The OOTP website here has been messed up for about 2 days now for me. I'm using Chrome browser on a PC and running Windows 10. Everything is up to date and other websites are working just fine.

I can't upload a pic of what the site looks like using the formatting/attachment controls because none of that is working, but here is a link to an image hosting site that shows what I'm experiencing...

I did get this ONCE last night on my Macbook Air at home, but I chalked it up to my internet service, as sometimes it's randomly slow and I just have to reboot the router. I was on the forums for a good 30 minutes last night and it only happened once. Still hasn't happened on my work laptop running Windows 10.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 10:35 AM   #49
Yarideki
Minors (Double A)

For what it's worth, I can also report the same issue as other users on my desktop but not on my iphone (cellular only, no wifi). When I attempt to use wifi, I get the same result as other users reporting no graphics. For whatever reason, my cellular data works perfectly fine on this website. The wifi network connection is the same as used by my desktop.

I report no issues with OOTP the game, only the website.
Yarideki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 10:37 AM   #50
x McLovin x
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post

I'm experiencing the same speed/graphics issues mentioned in this thread for about 2 days now. I'm seeing the same exact broken images as in this picture as well. In NY, using an HP, Windows 10, Spectrum ISP.

Last edited by x McLovin x; 05-17-2019 at 10:41 AM.
x McLovin x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 10:49 AM   #51
SxSnts9
Minors (Double A)

The forums look very weird for me as well...plus the graphics in certain areas aren't showing up. Only this site. Everything else seems to work fine.
Old 05-17-2019, 01:05 PM   #52
bailey
Hall Of Famer

I cannot log in at all with Windows Edge 18+. Chrome, I can log on but is slow and wonky, I cannot post links or images. Two days now, (Ohio)

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 01:18 PM   #53
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

I am now seeing the issue on my work laptop (Windows 10, Chrome).
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 01:21 PM   #54
Rizon
Hall Of Famer

No issue here recently on Win7/Chrome on both forums and main site.
Old 05-17-2019, 01:27 PM   #55
byzeil
All Star Starter

I logged into the forums and it seemed to me fixed but then I went to check if I could post an attachment and before I could do the test the graphics all went south and the problem is still there. So not fixed from my view.

Edit: Things do seem to be better/different. In the editor or post things seem OK until I go to "Go advanced" for editing or posting then things go south.

Last edited by byzeil; 05-17-2019 at 01:32 PM.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 01:30 PM   #56
byzeil
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
As mentioned above, CDN77 is our Content Delivery Network (CDN) provider. They are great guys providing a great service. They just host our files on a server near to your place
If the files download slowly for some users and not for others, there must be a problem with one of their server locations. Very likely a network/internet problem. All of their customers would see this problem and their monitoring tools would report it as well. Hence, usually it's fixed after some hours.

I checked their status page and everthing seems to be fine now. Do you still see problems? Please hit the refresh key (F5 and also Ctrl+F5) in your browser.
Not questioning whether they are great guys or not just reporting a problem that I am still seeing.

I'd gladly post a screenshot if I could but the forums won't work so that I can attach a file.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 03:35 PM   #57
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

for the last week or so the forum website goes dead a few times a day. no response.
I don't try to get on real often so that is GoT quantities of death. no other web site I go to is affected, they all work,

probably you just have so many users the traffic is astronomical?
Old 05-17-2019, 03:55 PM   #58
T.J. Lauerman
Baseball Community Manager

Has anyone that been having issues noticed if it's gotten any better?

It seems to be working better on my laptop, but not on my phone.

Also, if you're still having issues, where are you located?

From what I've seen, the majority of the issues have been popping up in the the eastern US, specifically PA and NJ.

Out of the Park Baseball 25 is available to pre-order at our Webstore or you can add it to your Steam Wishlist.

OOTP Baseball Go 24 is available on the Google Play, and the iOS App Store.

Follow us on X / Instagram / Facebook / Twitch / YouTube.

Check out the video archives of my Acuña Matata Braves, ShoTime Angels, Redbirds Rising Cardinals and Chicago Hope White Sox franchises.
T.J. Lauerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 03:55 PM   #59
BMW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
for the last week or so the forum website goes dead a few times a day. no response.
I don't try to get on real often so that is GoT quantities of death. no other web site I go to is affected, they all work,

probably you just have so many users the traffic is astronomical?
This is different. I think those could be related to PT simming. It looks like this issue is resolved now though.
Old 05-17-2019, 04:29 PM   #60
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.J. Lauerman View Post
Has anyone that been having issues noticed if it's gotten any better?

It seems to be working better on my laptop, but not on my phone.

Also, if you're still having issues, where are you located?

From what I've seen, the majority of the issues have been popping up in the the eastern US, specifically PA and NJ.
It looks like it's back to normal now, maybe just a trifle slow. All icons are back as well as smilies:

and I can attach an image:
Attached Images

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote