Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 03-22-2019, 08:07 PM   #1
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

M-e-t-s Mets! Mets!! Mets!!!---MLB & the NY METS 2019

Hello, everyone!
This is RJL518 reporting to you live from sunny SoFla.
Its time once again for baseball!
WOW...does time really fly.
It only seems like yesterday that i ended the 2018 schedule.

Last year in my Mets season, we went through the entire MLB schedule as usual.
Im about to do my 5th year of real-time baseball!
Last year in my MLB world, the MIN Twins won the World Series over my All-Star NY METS 4-2 and i still cant believe it.
But it was a lot of fun doing another real-time season, and so we shall do one again for 2019.
Once again, it will be my NY Mets battling with the rest of the Majors to get back to the Postseason and this time, we will go back to using actual MLB starting rosters for 2019!

The NY Mets still have a very potent team in the NL East and they are not to be underestimated.
They still have IMO one of the best starting rotations in baseball, and if they can stay healthy, they will be a very tough out!
They will have to contend in an interesting NL East Division as always.
The ATL Braves are looking to defend their division title for the 2nd straight year, while the PHI Phillies, now with Bryce Harper, WAS Nationals and MIA Marlins gear up and try to catch the favorites.

In the NL Central, the MIL Brewers and CHI Cubs had to play an extra game to decide that division and it was the Brewers winning it for the 1st time in a very long while.
The Cubs will be looking to steal it this year and they have the team to do it.
The STL Cardinals are always a team to be watched no matter what they do in the offseason.
The PIT Pirates did have a winning season, but missed the playoffs.
Maybe the CIN Reds will have a better year, you never know.

In the NL West, the LA Dodgers and the COL Rockies went to down to the wire as well and the "Bums" came out on top.
No reason why they cant do it again.
The Rockies will be making another push to the playoffs and they will be very stingy.
The ARZ Diamondbacks are not going away and they seem to be getting better every year.
The SF Giants and SD Padres had tough seasons last year, but the Giants dont stay down for long and the Friars might be on the way up with some young talent and Manny Machado now on the team.

In the AL East, the BOS Red Sox are looking to repeat as World Series Champions and they are the favorites to do it again.
But the NY Yankees will have something to say about that as we know that they have 27 reasons why they could be the team to hoist the trophy at the end of the year!
The TB Rays could be a sleeper pick for this division.
The BAL Orioles and TOR Blue Jays are at the bottom, but maybe, they could surprise some people this season?

In the AL Central, the CLE Indians win the division again but some up short in the playoffs.
Do they get over the hump this time?
The rest of the division didnt fare well as the MIN Twins, DET Tigers, CHI White Sox and KC Royals all finished below .500.
The question is: Who will be this year's upstart that challenge the Tribe at the top?

I think the AL West may be the toughest division in 2019.
Even though the HOU Astros, won the division for the 2nd straight year, they have some challengers below them.
The OAK Athletics took a turn in the postseason, but fell short in the Wild Card Game.
They know that they have to win the division this time and avoid that playoff round.
The LA Angels, fresh off a BIG contract extension with Mike Trout are hoping that 430 million dollars will get them back to the playoffs!
The TEX Rangers can be a tough opponent throughout the season and it looks like the SEA Mariners are building for the future.
But sometimes, destiny can shine upon you when you least expect it.

Last year in real-life, the NY Mets had another very disapointing season.
Just too many injuries and too many blown chances during the season gave Mickey Calloway a tough time, although the Mets did finish strong down the stretch.
We still have some unfinished business to take care of with this young team.

I have also created a new set of jerseys, caps and logos based on SFGiants58's ideas that will be used for the 2019 season.
Here is the link to his creations.
http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/...s-pt-ii-added/
I did modify a few things and made my choices for which uniforms to use, but i take NO CREDIT AT ALL for this guy's work.
It is all his doing and his genius!

2019 Rules:
I will be GM and Manager playing out each and every game.
Injury Frequency: Variable by month of the season.
April: EXTREMELY LOW
May: LOW
June and July: NORMAL
August and September: HIGH (VERY HIGH will not be used because that would be ridiculous!)

Trading Difficulty: Hard and Neutral

Playoff Structure:
Three Division Winners and Two Wildcards.
The only change in my MLB universe is that the wildcards will play a best of three wildcard series instead of only one game.
All two or three games will be played at the stadium of the team which has the best wildcard record between the two.
The current MLB playoff setup will then follow suit.

To kind of spice things up, the AI Trading Frequency will be modified throughout the year.
April: LOW
May: NORMAL
June: HIGH
July: VERY HIGH
August: VERY LOW
September: VERY LOW
This should make the AI keep players early in the season and then simulate a crazy trade deadline period in July.

This real-time report will close at the end of the 2019 MLB Season.

Also, ALL injuries and fatigue will be reset at the start of the season so that EVERY team in the league will have their best number one roster players available.
So there will be no one injured at the start of the season in the Majors or Minors.
I will attempt to make some trades before the start to see if i can improve the team.

So, everyone...buckle your seat belts and prepare for a very interesting baseball season.
It's time to cheer on the....

M-E-T-S METS! METS!! METS!!!---MLB & THE NY METS 2019

Upcoming Schedule:
March 26---Roster Moves
March 27---Final Roster Moves and PrePredicts
March 28---Opening Day @ WAS Nationals @ Nationals Park
Attached Images

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3

Last edited by rjl518; 03-23-2019 at 06:55 AM.
rjl518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 08:36 AM   #2
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Made some moves already as my game tries to catch up to the current date.
Since this is a ONE year report, i can move ALL my top prospects to get better since this game does not go into the off-season.
And yes...people, no forcing trades and commissioner mode is ON!
Jason Vargas HAD to go so i picked up some better relief in the bullpen.
Two decent closers that i changed to mid-relief.
Also, Brandon Belt is an upgrade at 1B over Travis d'Arnaud.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3

Last edited by rjl518; 03-24-2019 at 08:39 AM.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:55 AM   #3
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Sent Seth Lugo to MIL for Mike Moustakis.
I want a starter that can go deeper into the game and Moustakis is better than Todd Frazier.
Attached Images

Old 03-24-2019, 08:59 AM   #4
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Opening Day this year was on 3/20 as MLB had OAK and SEA play in Japan!
The Mets don't start the season until the 28th @ Nationals Park!
I think MLB dropped the ball on this scheduling disaster!

Old 03-24-2019, 09:08 AM   #5
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

3/24

Have now caught up to the current date.
Trying to make some more moves before roster cuts and Opening Day on Thursday!
Lets see what happens guys.

Old 03-25-2019, 06:30 PM   #6
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

3/25

No news or player movement on this day as we get closer to Opening Day!

Old 03-26-2019, 06:26 PM   #7
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

3/26

Shopped another good prospect and SF sent me Madison Bumgarner.
Had to jump at the chance to get him.
He had an off year in 2018 so i know he will bounce back for the Mets.
Attached Images

Old 03-26-2019, 06:30 PM   #8
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

I have decided to stop my roster moves and go with what i have.
Might have to make a trade or two later by the Deadline or because of future injuries.
So everyone...get on your feet and clap your hands!

Its time to...

MEET THE 2019 NEW YORK METS!!!

Tomorrow:
PrePredicts and Opening Series Preview!
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by rjl518; 03-26-2019 at 06:31 PM.
Old 03-27-2019, 06:12 PM   #9
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Opening Week Key Series Matchups

Late Week:
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

Old 03-27-2019, 06:13 PM   #10
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

2019 PreSeason Predictions

It looks like OOTP went chalk in the AL as ALL five teams that made the playoffs last year will make it again this year.
The NL looks a little different but at least, the PrePredicts have my Mets hosting the Wild Card Series versus the Diamondbacks!

American League
1. BOS Red Sox
2. CLE Indians
3. HOU Astros
4. NY Yankees
5. OAK Athletics

National League
1. WAS Nationals
2. LA Dodgers
3. STL Cardinals
4. NY METS
5. ARZ Diamondbacks
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by rjl518; 03-27-2019 at 06:17 PM.
Old 03-27-2019, 06:21 PM   #11
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Opening Series Preview: WAS Nationals @ Nationals Park (3-Games)

We start the season with our newest rivals in the division.
The Nationals are predicted to win this division and we are going to show them that we are the team to reckon with.
deGrom, Bumgarner and Syndergaard will get the starts for an early season showdown with the Nats.
We still have to deal with Scherzer, Corbin and Strasburg.
Tough three game series to start the year off.

Its time to PLAY BALL!!!

April Rules:
Injuries: EXTREMELY LOW
AI Trading: LOW

Side Note: With the awesome ability to now update player ratings throughout the year, i will be performing the update every Sunday to start the week off!
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by rjl518; 03-27-2019 at 06:28 PM.
Old 03-28-2019, 06:03 PM   #12
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Opening Day 2019

3/28

NY METS 0
WAS Nationals 3

Just like last year, the NY Mets cant get any runs for Jacob deGrom.
He goes 5 innings and gives up 3 runs on 2 hits with 9 strikeouts.
Max Scherzer was pretty much untouchable in this game.
He struck out 10 and scattered only 4 hits.
A tough way to start the season and this is the first time in 5 years of yearly reports that i start with a loss on Opening Day.
We have a day off on Friday before trying to tie the series up on Saturday.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by rjl518; 03-28-2019 at 06:08 PM.
Old 03-29-2019, 10:48 PM   #13
jtsly2000
Minors (Double A)

I follow your thread ever year. Look forward to the journey!
jtsly2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 07:38 AM   #14
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

its going to be a nother long grind.
but i love doing this this thing every year.

Old 03-30-2019, 10:22 AM   #15
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

3/30

NY METS 1
WAS Nationals 7

This might be a longer year than i thought when we play WAS.
Madison Bumgarner gave up 2 quick HRs in the 1st and the Nationals never looked back.
Meanwhile, WAS Patrick Corbin was pretty darn good as he struck out 10 Mets.
Wilson Ramos was 2-3 but he was the only bright spot as Mets pitching has not realized yet that this is the regular season now.
Good thing its really early as i have time to iron things out.
Thor will try to salvage one game in this series on Sunday.
Attached Images

Last edited by rjl518; 03-30-2019 at 07:38 PM.
Old 03-31-2019, 10:42 AM   #16
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

3/31

NY METS 2
WAS Nationals 1

Behind Thor, the NY Mets do get a win over the WAS Nationals today.
Noah Syndergaard goes 8 innings and gives up 1 run on 4 hits.
Edwin Diaz earns his money by getting his 1st of many saves with the Mets this year we hope.
Brandon Nimmo hits his 1st dinger of the season and goes 2-4 with 2 RBIs which gives him my Golden Bat award for the day!
We lose the series in WAS and even though we won today, we scored only 3 runs in 3 games.
We need to wake up really soon.
Hopefully, a series in Miami will do that as we go to South Beach next.
Attached Images

Last edited by rjl518; 03-31-2019 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-31-2019, 11:01 AM   #17
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

This Week In Baseball---NY METS

Starting out 1-2 doesn't faze me at this time.
But scoring only 3 runs in 3 games does.
Lets wake up NYM, the Regular Season is underway!
Attached Images
Image Image 

Old 03-31-2019, 11:03 AM   #18
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

This Week In Baseball---MLB

And they're OFF and Running for 2019!
Im not going to give much a standings report here until next week.

OOTP Players of the Week:
CIN Scooter Gennett
TOR Randall Grichuk
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by rjl518; 03-31-2019 at 11:05 AM.
Old 03-31-2019, 11:08 AM   #19
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

This Week's Key Series Match-Ups!

April 1-4:
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Old 03-31-2019, 11:11 AM   #20
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

This Week's Key Series Match-Ups

April 4-7:
Attached Images