Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-26-2019, 11:45 AM   #61
geoffmatt17
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Thanks Matt, this is huge!
Yea this is huge - I'm borderline wondering why it wasn't in the announcement!
geoffmatt17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 11:45 AM   #62
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb8300 View Post
No one is asking for a NCAA league or anything, but as it now there is basically no progression from high school to college leagues. This skews to age of draftees. 65% of draftees should be out of college as in real life, but the feeder league system, as is, only produces 35% college aged draftees.

So even with the work done on player development, it's still not going to get leagues that use feeders to function correctly since I'm presuming all the optimizations were made with game generated draft classes.
Why not simply manually add more college leagues, then you can increase the % to the level you prefer and the problem is solved.

Anyway, feeder leagues will not get any improvements this year, so let's please not hijack this thread
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 11:45 AM   #63
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlemanofleisure View Post
Is disabled list now called injured list?
Of course.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:47 AM   #64
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn2187 View Post
Can I ask a question?

How does the "Backup when already elsewhere as starter" work?

Perhaps, it would be used in the event of injury? I've tried to do this in the past, but wound up with Catchers playing SS and 1B playing CF.

I have an excellent backup C who i'd like to use at DH when not Catching.
However, if i list him as a starter at DH he will no longer catch, ever.

I'm guessing this will allow that to work?

Likewise if a guy is a SS injury backup, but also Starter elsewhere. If the primary SS goes down, which takes preference? In the past, if my starting 2B was the backup SS as well, he'd keep playing 2B and i'd wind up with any random body at SS.

Hoping for a bit of clarification on this. It could be very useful.
I'll try to explain in a little more detail tonight on the stream, but for example, let's take the Dodgers. Say they have it set up so that Pollock is their starter in CF, but their #1 backup there is Bellinger, their starting 1B. If Pollock needs to rest (fatigue or injury), what the game will do now is see that that Bellinger is the sub we want to put in there, but he's at 1B. So we then look to see if we have a valid sub for Bellinger for the game (say, Freese), and thus Bellinger will play CF and Freese will play 1B for the game.

Or in your case, you could set your backup C to be the starter at DH, have him catch every X games, and in those games, we'll basically use your DH sub. The in-game logic does have some flaws - in your case, for example, if your starting catcher got injured, we may not move your other guy off DH to bring in for that, but we do try in other cases to move guys around if it makes sense.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 11:47 AM   #65
texasmame
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlemanofleisure View Post
Is disabled list now called injured list?

Please no.

As the defending NL West Champions, the SALMON fall to the wildcard Dakota Rushmores in the first round in seven games.
texasmame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 11:48 AM   #66
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffmatt17 View Post
Yea this is huge - I'm borderline wondering why it wasn't in the announcement!
There's only so many line items we can fit there! Heck, we even added a modified *** FA compensation system too if you want to just use money compensation not draft picks!
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:06 PM   #67
dbqs
Major Leagues

"Added support to have players in lineup backup other positions, and substitute in starting lineups for them" YAAAY!!! You bet I'm pre-ordering. Hehe

dbqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:18 PM   #68
offerman7
Minors (Single A)

I feel the offline/single player mode has gone stale. I have been only playing in online leagues the last few years. When I have done a offline/single player game, I get bored after a season or two. Will the new AI present more of a challenge for experienced GMs?
offerman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:20 PM   #69
Imperialism32
Major Leagues

Any chance of getting alternate jerseys in this year's version? Or still just home/away?

While I'm here, any other fun things fictional league players can look forward to? Besides the improved 3D of course.
Imperialism32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:22 PM   #70
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperialism32 View Post
Any chance of getting alternate jerseys in this year's version? Or still just home/away?

While I'm here, any other fun things fictional league players can look forward to? Besides the improved 3D of course.
No alternate jerseys, sorry.

Regarding other fun things for fictional league players, well all the AI & strategy settings apply here too, obviously. And we'll have tons of other tweaks, for example better player development, which apply to all types of games.
Old 02-26-2019, 12:24 PM   #71
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by offerman7 View Post
Will the new AI present more of a challenge for experienced GMs?
You bet!
Old 02-26-2019, 12:25 PM   #72
mrcelophane
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
No alternate jerseys, sorry.

Regarding other fun things for fictional league players, well all the AI & strategy settings apply here too, obviously. And we'll have tons of other tweaks, for example better player development, which apply to all types of games.
Sorry to double post this, but any chance we can create our own database of fictional players?

Mainly want to be able to pick my own names...I know there is the names file, but if I want to pre-assign pictures to names without knowing when they will debut there is currently no way to do so.
mrcelophane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:34 PM   #73
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Opener \ Followers...

I hope this can be turned off? I assume there is no chance it appears in past seasons and would like to know I can turn it off for my game as I play with modern rules.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:37 PM   #74
clamel
All Star Starter

How about real manager in playing Historical sessions. Now we get the correct manager for the year one start but that's it.

How about able to important great managers that perhaps had a unemployd year one start and also for others poping up the following years. I'm looking to get the correct win-losses for the managers not imported in your start year.
If not possible to do this, perhaps the shot of editing win-losses to make these missing manager able to swing their magic wands.

Don't forget that manager is almost as famous and important as players.
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:39 PM   #75
VinCal
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Coaching

Was there any tweaking on how you can scroll through coaches easier when hiring?
VinCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:49 PM   #76
aslanking
Minors (Double A)

Any changes to the presentation of Data? I know a lot of players love the baseball reference layout of league leaders. And historical stats. There are so many ways to improve the presentation of stats and was wondering if any thought has been given to that.

I’d love to see an annual table showing the league leaders st each major category so you can see the evolution of the home run champ over the history of your league.
aslanking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:51 PM   #77
Caporegime
All Star Starter

German, French and Czech leagues? Uber cool

Since in all likelihood I'll be jumping from HOI IV straight to OOTP this year, these new additions will be perfect. I see a Sudeten, Vichy and Free French League in Europe's near future.

Mwahahahahaha!!!

Last edited by Caporegime; 02-26-2019 at 12:54 PM.
Caporegime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:54 PM   #78
byzeil
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
If they worked better, more people would use them
1000% agree with this. The feature is there and likely not being used a lot (I use it a lot) because it needs to be worked on. Pretty sad that it is being left to dangle.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:55 PM   #79
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
We have worked a bit on these, yes. But the focus was on the animations, not the parks. We simply do not have enough resources right now to make massive steps forward in terms of ballpark visuals, but that probably changes for future versions, thanks to PT
Your dream of someday making an in-game tool to create or modify 3D ballparks is my dream too!
Mr. Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 01:15 PM   #80
spartacus007
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Teams can participate in multiple tournaments at the same time
A BIG sincere thank you from me for this.

With my playstyle, this is the biggest improvement for the new version. I think one of the reasons OOTP is so successful is because it can accommodate so many different ways to use the game.

I really appreciate the way y'all listen to customer feedback and make decisions based on how we play and what we ask for.

Historical Mode:
OOTP 24 (Challenge Mode)
⚾ 1901-19 Reds: 🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🏆🏆🏆🏆
FHM 10
🏒 1909-18 Wanderers: 🏆
🏒 1918-19: Arenas/St. Patricks: 🏆🏆
spartacus007 is offline   Reply With Quote