Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 03-12-2024, 11:25 PM   #1
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

Complete Universe Facegen Pack 2.0 (New)

Welcome to the Facegen Mod Thread

On this anniversary edition of OOTP, I am starting a new thread for the historical facegen pack. The reason is simple. Since becoming the steward of the pack at the beginning of the OOTP24 cycle, numerous people have expressed frustration that the first post of the current CUF thread has outdated information on it that implies it is up-to-date when, in fact, it has not been updated in nearly two years. By starting a new thread, however, I can now edit this first post as needed and ensure that people are not downloading a pack with old faces that were long ago replaced.

I want to thank FancySkunk for carrying on the facegen project when qcbandits left the forum and all the other contributors to-date. I especially want to thank AESP_Pres for the more than 7,000 MLB facegens he has updated over the past two years. If there used to be a gray zombie face in the 19XX's and it is now replaced and improved, that is his handiwork and I, like you, am very grateful for it.

For my part, I have updated more than 19% of the MLB facegens (largely from 1970 forward) and currently create new facegens for the MLBPA license as it is updated throughout the year.

In the days ahead, I will get this post more standardized and improve the formatting. For now, however, I promised a new pack on this pre-release day and a new pack you shall have.

The current link for the Compete Universe Facegen (CUF) Pack is always in my signature. The full pack is the one in bold. Also in my signature are the ones that I did (or significantly revised). These are a mere subset of the whole.

For ease, the CUF link that I put up this evening is:

https://www.mediafire.com/file_premi...k_2.0.zip/file

For those of you unfamiliar with installing facegens, the instructions remain unchanged:

Windows:
1. Download and extract the zip file from the link above
2. Delete or rename the existing fg_files folder in your OOTP install folder
3. Copy the downloaded fg_files folder into your OOTP install folder

Mac
1. Make sure OOTP isn't running.
2. Go to the folder /Users/(username)/Application Support/Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 25.
3. Delete the folder fg_files.
4. Add the downloaded folder, also named fg_files.

Notes:
• Newly created leagues will have the facegens load automatically.
• Older leagues will need to have player pictures updated in order for them to display: League Settings -> Players & Facegen -> Check all picture files of all teams and leagues

The pack is also available in the Steam Workshop. To get it there, subscribe to the mod pack, return to the game and look at the bottom of the start screen and click "Workshop Central". Select the pack (if subscribed, it should show there in a list), after selecting it, on the right, it should give you the option to Download and install the mod. Do so. You will see a lot of files moving over. Be patient. When that competes, you should be subscribed.

If you see a terrible facegen (and there are still many), and it is a MLB player or a prospect relevant to the current game, post here to request a replacement.

If it is a random minor leaguer that never made it to the bigs, go to my personal thread (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=331809) and post the Historical Minors ID or a screenshot of the player. They will be deleted. Bad facegens give the whole pack a bad name. They never should have been put in the pack and it is a tedious process to audit and clean them out. Your help is appreciated.

Just my Facegen Pack: https://www.mediafire.com/file_premi..._Pack.zip/file

Last edited by LansdowneSt; 03-23-2024 at 04:05 PM.
LansdowneSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 11:37 PM   #2
ChrisJNelson
Major Leagues

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
My most desired mod to the game! Thanks to you and everyone else who has worked so hard on these!
ChrisJNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 08:13 AM   #3
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

Great to have a new thread... at least now the first post isn't outdated anymore. In my case you can always get the FGs I do for the universal pack via the link in my signature.

The complete set (1871 to 1959)

Just the update (1950 to 1959)
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 01:24 PM   #4
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Superb work. Thank you!
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 06:24 PM   #5
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Yay! Glad you got your own stickied thread. You deserve i!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-13-2024, 06:28 PM   #6
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

<3
FancySkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 08:45 PM   #7
ecd1973
Major Leagues

Does this need to be reinstalled after each game update?
Old 03-13-2024, 08:49 PM   #8
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

I don't think so... at least the Steam update never touch my FG folder, but I'm not sure for the other versions.

Old 03-13-2024, 09:12 PM   #9
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecd1973 View Post
Does this need to be reinstalled after each game update?
No, the OOTP patches/game updates don't impact the facegen files. Every couple month we'll add additional facegens or replace older ones in the pack itself and, in that case, you just download the new pack, copy all, go to the game's fg_file folder, open it and paste over everything. That will get new ones atop old ones and add the new ones. Any new facegen pack edition will be posted here (and my signature links will then be updated accordingly).

Old 03-15-2024, 11:24 AM   #10
Cod
All Star Reserve

Thanks for sharing LansdowneSt. Always love what you're able to do with the facegens and really enjoy following along with your updates in Discord.
Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 02:04 PM   #11
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

The CUF pack is now up in Steam

Old 03-16-2024, 06:47 PM   #12
karlstyner
Minors (Rookie Ball)

hello! LansdowneSt. mlb draft 2024 Charlie Condon, Nick Kurtz Can I ask for two players?
karlstyner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 11:53 AM   #13
CBLCardinals
OOTP Roster Team

Awesome!!

Thank you!!
CBLCardinals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 05:14 PM   #14
ChrisJNelson
Major Leagues

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlstyner View Post
hello! LansdowneSt. mlb draft 2024 Charlie Condon, Nick Kurtz Can I ask for two players?
Not the best but here you go!
Attached Images
Image Image 
Attached Files
File Type: fg condon000cha.fg (15.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: fg kurtz-000nic.fg (16.2 KB, 11 views)
ChrisJNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 05:46 PM   #15
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Could you make a Rickey Hill FG? The movie The Hill on Netflix is about him. Great movie. Adding him to my league.
https://www.baseball-reference.com/r...d=hill--004ric
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 06:33 PM   #16
Reed
All Star Starter

What in your opinion is the main difference between this face pack and the one that comes with the game? Quality, more complete???
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Reed; 03-19-2024 at 06:45 PM.
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 06:47 PM   #17
Cod
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed View Post
What in you opinion is the main difference between this face pack and the one that comes with the game? Quality, more complete???
Thanks in advance.
There are a number of default face gens that look very awkward (smiles bigger than face), wrong skin tone, or just wrong. Lansdowne has done a wonderful job with help from others to recreate a lot. There are a lot of comparisons in the #game-mods channel on Discord.
Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 06:59 PM   #18
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

Much better... obviously I'm partial since that pack is mostly done by me and Lans.

First the focus of the FGs included in the game is for the current season and secondly, as Cod said, a lot of them have a huge smile and that look awkward when the player smile (the reason for that is easy to understand... the least known a guy is the lesser the quality of the picture available is).

Old 03-19-2024, 07:03 PM   #19
Reed
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AESP_pres View Post
Much better... obviously I'm partial since that pack is mostly done by me and Lans.

First the focus of the FGs included in the game is for the current season and secondly, as Cod said, a lot of them have a huge smile and that look awkward when the player smile (the reason for that is easy to understand... the least known a guy is the lesser the quality of the picture available is).
Thanks I agree about the ones in game. I'll have to give these a try.
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 08:53 PM   #20
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed View Post
Thanks I agree about the ones in game. I'll have to give these a try.
One thing is for sure, the ones that used to come in the game were smilers and kinda misshapen.

I can tell you have not made it to modern times, AESP because I have spent two years replacing all the ones that come with the game (well, most of them, like 95% or so). So do not copy your old fg_files contents and move them forward. I think it is easy to tell which are mine and the old ones. The old CUF pack thread is a litter with before and after's of that sort.

In addition to the ones that I do under the MLBPA license (which I am still waiting for this year to get new MLBPA authorized faces into the game that ships), this is the first year that I have done ones under the MLBPAA (players alumni association) and authorized HOF ones. So, if you look-up Jim Rice, or Wade Boggs, or Nolan Ryan in the game, those are mine and ship with the game for the first time this year.

There are still plenty to be reworked in the CUF pack. I have not begun the QA/QC of it - though I did remove 3,000 dead files before releasing it this year. The really bad stuff are the minors/prospects as no regard was given to the quality of the source material or making an effort to ensure what was submitted to FancySkunk was worthy of inclusion.

If you find ones that need to be removed or redone, just post or DM me. If it's one I did, I'll just ignore you .

One thing I recommend is using HDR on your monitor to moderate saturation. I have a computer with and one without it and I make facegens on the one with HDR turned on.