Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support > Earlier versions of OOTP: Closed or Claim Fixed
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 02:24 AM   #1
Darkphoenix
Bat Boy

Has anyone else noticed this Game Crashing Bug?

Okay,

I seem to have found two related bugs that causes the game to crash every time. The first step is initiating a trade with a team. Next, you either A. release one of the players in the trade before the other team responds to the offer (this causes a game crash), or the one that seems to happen more often to me and is by far more annoying is when you no longer want a player on your team so you designate him for assignment. Then after several failed attempts to trade the player, you finally release him. Now, the computer teams "remember" what your last trade offer was, so the next time you try to trade with the team that you previously offered the released player to, the game crashes without fail. Is this bug a known one? Is it being worked on?

Roger
Old 07-21-2006, 02:33 AM   #2
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Can you replicate this with the new patch and a new league? If it's a matter of an old league that's causing a crash, this has already been reported. If you are indeed seeing this with a new league and with the new patch, please zip and send your .dat files to markus.heinsohn@sigames.com and then post here to let me know that they have been sent. After this I can log the issue into TT and give you a TT#.

Thanks.

Asahi2 Baseball ex-Commissioner(Historical League Since 2004)
www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)

Last edited by f.montoya; 07-21-2006 at 02:34 AM.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:09 PM   #3
Darkphoenix
Bat Boy

Has anyone else noticed this Game Crashing Bug?

This has happened with every league I have started since the game's debut. I haven't tried it with the latest patch yet....but I saw nothing about it being fixed in the list of tweaks and fixes. If it happens with the new patch I will post again...as far as I can tell this isn't an isolated incident as it has happened with every league I have started in OOTP 2006. If I notice this problem again with the new patch I will repost again. I can zip up the league directory if it happens and send it but man that is going to be one hell of an attachment, and I don't believe hotmail will allow me to send it.

Roger
Old 07-21-2006, 09:01 PM   #4
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix
...I can zip up the league directory if it happens and send it but man that is going to be one hell of an attachment, and I don't believe hotmail will allow me to send it.

Roger
Markus doesn't need the whole directory. ONLY the files with a ".dat" extension inside the saved game folder, inwhich case, zipped, it will be small enough to email through hotmail.

Asahi2 Baseball ex-Commissioner(Historical League Since 2004)
www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)
Old 07-21-2006, 11:07 PM   #5
battists
Hall Of Famer

Actually, try it with today's patch, in a brand-new game/league, and if it still crashes, FTP it to us:

IP Address: 217.158.3.6
Username: ftp-public
Password: public
folder ootp/game-save

You can FTP the file here using your handy web browser. Just navigate to ftp://217.158.3.6, and press Enter. Then enter the user name and password specified, and go into the ootp/game-save folder. Copy and paste your zipped league (just the .dat files), then post back with your zip name!
Old 08-02-2006, 04:01 PM   #6
battists
Hall Of Famer

We have a rule that states that Tech Support threads wherein we have not received a response within 7 days will be closed.

This one meets this criteria, so I'm closing this.

If you want to discuss it again, just PM me with the thread link, and I'll re-open. (Don't just say "Hey, reopen my thread." I need to know the URL, thanks!)

Steve
Closed Thread