Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models

Old 10-12-2019, 08:54 PM   #281
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Brooklyn, NY - Ebbets Field 2019

Since I've been digging into the history of baseball stadiums, I've been fascinated by the efforts to preserve older parks like Fenway and Wrigley. It's made me curious about what it would look like if similar efforts had been exerted for other fields over the years, so I wanted to play around with at least one (more to maybe come? no commitments) - Ebbets Field.

The park itself seems to have an outsized nostalgia - by the time the Dodgers moved it was in pretty rough shape. But, let's imagine instead that the park was kept better. What could it look like?

(Silvam graciously allowed me to share this updated that I made to his models - so thanks Silvam for creating all of these great parks! )

Obviously there would need to be luxury suites of some kind added, so I put a few behind home plate and created a deluxe area around the top row of the seating bowl. I also decided to bring in some Wrigleyesque rooftop seating across the road, along with a left field videoboard. I updated the ads, but kept the scoreboard and the hit sign win suit from the original. I hope it's a good balance of old and new, like Wrigley and Fenway - you'll have to let me know what you think.

Zip File can be found here

Day

Night

Last edited by nielsoncp; 10-12-2019 at 08:56 PM.
nielsoncp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 03:03 AM   #282
topherlee2
Minors (Rookie Ball)

The Brooklyn B on the field is reversed instead of facing the right way, other than that the updated Ebbets Field looks awesome! Hopefully this would be the start of many classic ballparks updated to modern times.
Old 10-20-2019, 02:45 PM   #283
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielsoncp View Post
Since I've been digging into the history of baseball stadiums, I've been fascinated by the efforts to preserve older parks like Fenway and Wrigley. It's made me curious about what it would look like if similar efforts had been exerted for other fields over the years, so I wanted to play around with at least one (more to maybe come? no commitments) - Ebbets Field.
This immediately becomes the new home for the Brooklyn Blackhearts!

BTW, the day & night pictures don't match the 3D model.
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 12:58 AM   #284
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I was reading through Klew's thread on his USBL, and I realized we didn't have a stadium in metro Providence yet. So, I decided to take the current home of the Pawtucket Red Sox and upsize (and update) it a bit. There is a fire station on the grounds of the ballpark, so I decided to update it and grow it a bit and put it in left field - and having learned the lesson of Tucson, I think it actually turned out ok.

The park is pretty pitcher friendly because of the usual reasons (low elevation, close to the ocean, further north, etc. etc. etc.)

Zip file can be found here

Park Factors

Day

Night
The link for this on page 1 is not correct. it links to the page for Hi Corbett.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 02:11 PM   #285
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Nielson, is it by design that the parks that are normally minor league parks have ML like capacities?

"Stay Strong"

Old 10-27-2019, 03:52 PM   #286
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Shrine On's OBJ isnt working.

"Stay Strong"

Old 10-31-2019, 02:46 AM   #287
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Nielson, is it by design that the parks that are normally minor league parks have ML like capacities?
Not to steal his thunder but I believe I asked him early on and he said yes. I know eriqjaffe has been doing the parks with the actual sizes.
BIG WORLD for OOTP22: WinRAR File ZIP file
My Custom Schedules

nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 05:59 PM   #288
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Hi Everyone! Thanks for all of the feedback. I've been traveling a lot for work recently, so I haven't had the time to pay attention to this thread as much. But I did a bit of maintenance, and in answer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topherlee2 View Post
The Brooklyn B on the field is reversed instead of facing the right way, other than that the updated Ebbets Field looks awesome!
Thanks! It should be fixed now - I uploaded a new version today with the B facing the opposite way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
BTW, the day & night pictures don't match the 3D model.
Thanks ArcAngel! Could you let me know how the pictures don't match the model? It looked accurate to me but I could be missing something.

Quote:
The link for this on page 1 is not correct. it links to the page for Hi Corbett.
Fixed. Thanks Game.

Quote:
Shrine On's OBJ isnt working.
Not as fixed. Can you tell me more about how it isn't working - is the axis off, does the field not load, is there a black spot somewhere?

Quote:
Nutt is correct. I started doing these parks because I thought it would be fun for MLB expansion purposes in my world, so for a lot of them I decided to take them and make them into MLB parks. Like Nutt said, eriqjaffe is doing a great job with the AAA parks right now if you want to use one of his.

Thanks for asking all - hope this is helpful!
Old 10-31-2019, 10:41 PM   #289
The Game
Hall Of Famer

For Shine On, it doesn't load the park. The 3D is blank as is a picture of the park.

"Stay Strong"

Old 11-01-2019, 08:40 AM   #290
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

[QUOTE=nielsoncp;4554672]Thanks ArcAngel! Could you let me know how the pictures don't match the model? It looked accurate to me but I could be missing something./QUOTE]No, *I* missed something.

The Ebbets 1948 files were in the 2019 file, so it selected the 1948 pictures instead of the 2019.

Also, it appears the 2019 diagram is missing.
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 04:10 PM   #291
Ktulu
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the awesome stadiums.

Question... I was editing one of the stadiums (Parc du Bassins) and every texture I edit works fine... except the three crowd textures. I can't figure out why the game doesn't load the crowd textures. I changed the seats to blue, but the game somehow loads the default green seats even though the green seat textures don't exist in the folder. What am I missing?
Attached Images
Old 11-04-2019, 02:03 PM   #292
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktulu View Post
Thanks for the awesome stadiums.

Question... I was editing one of the stadiums (Parc du Bassins) and every texture I edit works fine... except the three crowd textures. I can't figure out why the game doesn't load the crowd textures. I changed the seats to blue, but the game somehow loads the default green seats even though the green seat textures don't exist in the folder. What am I missing?
I think that for the 3d crowds (which are loaded in Parc du Bassins) the only seat color is green. If you want to use 2d crowds with the correct seat colors you can message me and I'll send you the info on how to change it, but it means the audience will be static instead of dynamic.

Also - great work on the new logos. It's been fun to see their addition in the graphics forum.
Old 11-04-2019, 02:26 PM   #293
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

[QUOTE=ArcAngel;4554885]
Quote:
Thanks ArcAngel! Could you let me know how the pictures don't match the model? It looked accurate to me but I could be missing something./QUOTE]No, *I* missed something.

The Ebbets 1948 files were in the 2019 file, so it selected the 1948 pictures instead of the 2019.

Also, it appears the 2019 diagram is missing.
Yeah, I got lazy and just recycled the photos Silvam had included for his model (since the field was the same.) I just re-uploaded the Ebbets Field model with the correct pictures - if you want the new version take a look.
Old 11-04-2019, 08:50 PM   #294
Ktulu
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think that for the 3d crowds (which are loaded in Parc du Bassins) the only seat color is green. If you want to use 2d crowds with the correct seat colors you can message me and I'll send you the info on how to change it, but it means the audience will be static instead of dynamic.

Also - great work on the new logos. It's been fun to see their addition in the graphics forum.
Thanks, that makes more sense. Wasn't sure how the crowds worked.

Always loved Ebbets Field, in fact I think I started learning how to edit graphics by modding stadiums for High Heat baseball and Ebbets was a cool one to work with. It's funny that it's taken more than 15 years but OOTP is finally has 3d stadiums.
Old 11-04-2019, 09:17 PM   #295
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktulu View Post
Always loved Ebbets Field, in fact I think I started learning how to edit graphics by modding stadiums for High Heat baseball and Ebbets was a cool one to work with. It's funny that it's taken more than 15 years but OOTP is finally has 3d stadiums.
You should join us in stadium mod land then - grab a copy of sketchup make off their website and play around with some of the models. It may be a new hobby for you.
Old 11-04-2019, 09:41 PM   #296
Ktulu
Hall Of Famer

Yeah I might give it another try this winter. Played around briefly with sketchup when 3d was new.

Anyway here's my edit of your awesome Ebbets. The New York Americans (courtesy txranger). Still on the list to do is swapping out mlb logos for my league and a few other things (unfortunately the Americans do not have any HOF'rs or retired numbers). Trying to "personalize" each stadium in my fictional league.

This one plays awesome in game, very intimate feel to it.
Attached Images
Old 11-05-2019, 09:04 PM   #297
The Game
Hall Of Famer

So i was partially wrong with Shrine On. The day photo wasnt loading so i thought it was the 3D. When selecting the .prk it loads like SS #1. But there is a normal day photo in the fule which loaded fine.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

"Stay Strong"

Old 11-06-2019, 12:18 AM   #298
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Quote:
So i was partially wrong with Shrine On. The day photo wasnt loading so i thought it was the 3D. When selecting the .prk it loads like SS #1. But there is a normal day photo in the fule which loaded fine.
Got it. If other folks are having issues with Shrine on Airline let me know - it'll be good to know if it's a universal problem.
Old 11-09-2019, 03:17 AM   #299
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Nashville, TN - First Horizon Park

We're into the off-season, which means that, besides the uniform changes, it's also new stadium concept season! (Also winter in Wisconsin, which is unfortunate.) The Music City Baseball team recently released a new concept for their MLB push, and despite the three uniquely unhelpful stadium pictures (an overhead shot that doesn't show the full field, and only weird angles of right field) I've produced a model that I think at least captures the spirit of their plan.

The field plays relatively pitcher friendly and big, which also leads to a higher number of doubles and triples. A speedy team may be able to make some noise here.

The Zip file can be found here

Park Factors

Day

Night
Old 11-14-2019, 05:18 AM   #300
patrickzxd
Bat Boy

Am I the only having problems with the crowd area showing as this for my 3D model?

Last edited by patrickzxd; 11-14-2019 at 05:26 AM.
patrickzxd is offline   Reply With Quote