Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 06-22-2019, 11:33 AM   #21
zappa1
All Star Starter

Before you's all start barkin' at me, this is only my opinion. I don't care what they do, but for me, I wouldn't have ANY team in Florida. Move them both. After college football and pro football, people have better things to do than go to a baseball game in the spring and summer. I'm sure I could think of something else to do in Florida than a ball game. And I love baseball, too. Spring training in Florida is plenty for baseball there. Yay, Grapefruit League.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 12:06 PM   #22
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa1 View Post
Before you's all start barkin' at me, this is only my opinion. I don't care what they do, but for me, I wouldn't have ANY team in Florida. Move them both. After college football and pro football, people have better things to do than go to a baseball game in the spring and summer. I'm sure I could think of something else to do in Florida than a ball game. And I love baseball, too. Spring training in Florida is plenty for baseball there. Yay, Grapefruit League.
Well, the Marlins attendance woes are a whole other ballgame. Baseball can't work in Tampa for all the reasons I pointed out. I can and has in Miami. The real problem with the Marlins has been ownership. I mean our previous owner actually sued the teams season ticket holders. Who does that? They have a beautiful stadium with decent public transportation access. The problem has been dishonest, antagonistic, and often explainable business practice. All of that is changing and the situation is already improving.
Mr. Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 10:26 AM   #23
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

The Heat,Magic,Panthers,Lighting,Orlando FC,Predators to name a few also have something to say. Orlando has shared with Rays before. Geographical in what MLB needs to do.
Old 06-23-2019, 04:15 PM   #24
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marlin View Post
Well, the Marlins attendance woes are a whole other ballgame. Baseball can't work in Tampa for all the reasons I pointed out. I can and has in Miami. The real problem with the Marlins has been ownership. I mean our previous owner actually sued the teams season ticket holders. Who does that? They have a beautiful stadium with decent public transportation access. The problem has been dishonest, antagonistic, and often explainable business practice. All of that is changing and the situation is already improving.
Good honest take on it. I'm with Zappa as I don't think Florida should have a baseball team. But I am willing to see how Jeter and Company do now. For the Rays, the support isn't there. Playoff bound team and still can get fans to show up. I hear that the stadium is in the wrong location and such but seriously there are cities that have loyal fans with worse traffic? LA? Wrigley?

I do favor contraction but mostly i'm against expansion. I feel as though you could contract 4-6 teams in the league and be fine.

AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 11:50 PM   #25
sdw1000
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
We don't. It's the stupidest idea MLB has ever. lol
sdw1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 11:54 PM   #26
sdw1000
All Star Reserve

Join my campaign..

I am on personal campaign to get the leagues right again. Move HOU back to the NL Central, while MIL moves back to the AL Central and KC goes to the AL West. I hate how Bud Selig screwed up the leagues just because he owned the Brewers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheo25 View Post
If anyone gets to move back to the NL, it should be the Astros.
Old 06-24-2019, 09:14 AM   #27
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

KC does not belong in West and so doesn't Texas or Houston they all 3 belong with St. Louis in Midwest Division.
Old 06-24-2019, 10:40 AM   #28
low
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdw1000 View Post
I am on personal campaign to get the leagues right again. Move HOU back to the NL Central, while MIL moves back to the AL Central and KC goes to the AL West. I hate how Bud Selig screwed up the leagues just because he owned the Brewers.

No.
low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 04:46 PM   #29
Greenbay
Minors (Double A)

I lived in Milwaukee when the Brewers came in 1970. Hated to see them move to the NL. Houston should be in the NL and Mil in the AL.
Greenbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 04:56 PM   #30
Kronos
Major Leagues

Milwaukee was an NL town before it was an AL one, leave them be, and the Texas teams do well together.
Kronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 05:12 PM   #31
Greenbay
Minors (Double A)

That was the Braves who are now in Atlanta, and a very long time ago. Another case of greedy owners giving the fans the shaft.
The Brewers were an AL team from their conception as the Seattle Pilots in 1969. I just wish they had stayed in the AL. Dito for the Astros. I will always think of them as a NL team.
Old 06-24-2019, 06:03 PM   #32
sdw1000
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by low View Post
No.

Opps...already happened. See...that looks good! lol
Attached Images
Old 06-24-2019, 06:48 PM   #33
Greenbay
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdw1000 View Post
Opps...already happened. See...that looks good! lol
It sure does. Baseball as it should be.
Now lets get rid of the netting going down the lines so we can get foul balls and autographs again. If people want to text at the game they must wear a helmet and a catcher's mask.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:54 PM   #34
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Did you do it?
Old 06-26-2019, 12:15 AM   #35
Brad K
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tram2Whitaker View Post
Controversial opinion: build the stadium in Palmetto/Ellenton area. Close to st Pete, closer to Tampa, view the skyway bridge without staring into the sunset. Build an alternate route from i4. Everyone wins
The Tampa Bay area is packed with people who moved from up north and still follow the teams they grew up with. The indigenous population doesn't follow baseball; they're too busy cooking meth.
Brad K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 12:26 AM   #36
Brad K
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirmenSmith View Post
Good honest take on it. I'm with Zappa as I don't think Florida should have a baseball team. But I am willing to see how Jeter and Company do now. For the Rays, the support isn't there. Playoff bound team and still can get fans to show up. I hear that the stadium is in the wrong location and such but seriously there are cities that have loyal fans with worse traffic? LA? Wrigley?

I do favor contraction but mostly i'm against expansion. I feel as though you could contract 4-6 teams in the league and be fine.
28 teams, 4 divisions of 7 teams each. No interleague play. 18 games against each in division opponent, 8 against each out of division opponent, total 164, but OK on total season length since no wildcards. Division winners only qualify for post season.
Brad K is offline   Reply With Quote