Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-18-2019, 01:07 PM   #21
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
If you're GM of your team but set all the in-game controls to the AI, you can still watch the game.
Works perfectly, thanks!
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 01:20 PM   #22
Ormondbeachdan
Minors (Triple A)

Superb so far!!.. Tinkering today.. checking features etc.. Setting up my Perfect Teams etc.. And it will only get better with LIVE etc
Ormondbeachdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 01:33 PM   #23
Marcelo67
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Any 3d engine video posted ? Please and thank you!!
Marcelo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 01:47 PM   #24
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
How is no one streaming this?

Did any YouTube or twitch people get comped some keys?

I hope so if not it's a big missed opportunity. Streaming games drives sales these days.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 01:51 PM   #25
Marcelo67
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Agree. Streaming is business
Marcelo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 03:23 PM   #26
Mau
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysthebestcop View Post
How is no one streaming this?

Did any YouTube or twitch people get comped some keys?

I hope so if not it's a big missed opportunity. Streaming games drives sales these days.
https://www.twitch.tv/phantomtag
Old 03-18-2019, 03:42 PM   #27
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mau View Post
thanks its a really nice stream. loving the animations
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:00 AM   #28
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Is it just me, seems like the runners are safe at first all the time but are called out.
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:16 AM   #29
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterKing View Post
Is it just me, seems like the runners are safe at first all the time but are called out.
I just thought the same. On ground balls to the left the fielder takes a lot of time before he throws to first and the runner clearly would be safe.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Old 03-19-2019, 08:20 AM   #30
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Is there a way to pin the line-ups ad pitchers to the screen.

When only watching PbP the defensive players just flash for a moment and the line-ups and pitchers are gone ... and with them all the interesting informations.

I don't really care about watching the stands, I'd rather have those informations on top during the game, not only at the end.
Attached Images

Happy Chandler, 1947
Old 03-19-2019, 08:22 AM   #31
zappa1
All Star Starter

3d

I like what I see with the 3D animations and am waiting for more to be added as we move forward along. Right now, I especially like the pitchers delivery motions. Some over the top, some sidearm, and I think I saw Ted Abernathy coming at me from 3rd base. He froze my right handed hitters. Very nicely done. Look forward to more. Great work, again by everybody. Thanks.

Maybe it was Kent Tekulve. haha

Last edited by zappa1; 03-19-2019 at 08:24 AM.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:25 AM   #32
zappa1
All Star Starter

Quote:
We're not done yet. We do have a submariner motion too - Markus is very talented at all arm angles
hahahahaha It WAS Ted Abernathy!! lol
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:26 AM   #33
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaniac View Post
Is there a way to pin the line-ups ad pitchers to the screen.

When only watching PbP the defensive players just flash for a moment and the line-ups and pitchers are gone ... and with them all the interesting informations.

I don't really care about watching the stands, I'd rather have those informations on top during the game, not only at the end.
Yeah, one of the view options is whether to hide widgets during play. Disable that and the boxes will stay up.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 10:14 AM   #34
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa1 View Post
I like what I see with the 3D animations and am waiting for more to be added as we move forward along. Right now, I especially like the pitchers delivery motions. Some over the top, some sidearm, and I think I saw Ted Abernathy coming at me from 3rd base. He froze my right handed hitters. Very nicely done. Look forward to more. Great work, again by everybody. Thanks.
Hurray, 12 years of pitching in organized baseball finally paid off!

Seriously though, after the motion capture session I was sore for almost a week...
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 10:33 AM   #35
IanIachimoe
All Star Starter

love the attn to detail.

diving catches look great now.

IanIachimoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 10:53 AM   #36
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

Watched some games last night from various camera angles, including a spot pretty much right behind home plate, and loved what I saw.
As previously mentioned, pitcher arm angles look great. Saw a nice pick-off move that seemed quite realistic. Like the way catchers look when they throw to second when runner is stealing.

A little glitchiness with pitchers when they field (and even occasionally when an infielder makes a play that is in the vicinity of the pitcher)- they seem to go into another dimension for a nano-second and then re-emerge a few feet away, but mostly wonderful.

Sat out by the rightfield foul pole for one game and liked what I saw with the outfielders and the angle of balls hit into the outfield.

Bunting has taken a big step forward visually. Love that.

One thing I haven't noticed yet is if arm angles for infielders change depending upon the play. I'm seeing a lot of over-the-top arm angles and not sure if there are any sidearm angles for infielders (especially shortstops) as these are often used when body positioning makes this the more natural and efficient approach.

And still find some outfield plays a bit clumsy, particularly on plays in front of the outfielder where they either catch the ball on the bounce or make what sort of appears (from a distance, anyway) as a diving catch (though PBP seems to indicate that isn't the reality), but really kind of more looks like they've stumbled just as they approach the ball but then make the catch. Not sure I got a good close-up look at this so wondering what others are seeing in this regard?
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 11:49 AM   #37
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdWatcher View Post
Watched some games last night from various camera angles, including a spot pretty much right behind home plate, and loved what I saw.
As previously mentioned, pitcher arm angles look great. Saw a nice pick-off move that seemed quite realistic. Like the way catchers look when they throw to second when runner is stealing.

A little glitchiness with pitchers when they field (and even occasionally when an infielder makes a play that is in the vicinity of the pitcher)- they seem to go into another dimension for a nano-second and then re-emerge a few feet away, but mostly wonderful.

Sat out by the rightfield foul pole for one game and liked what I saw with the outfielders and the angle of balls hit into the outfield.

Bunting has taken a big step forward visually. Love that.

One thing I haven't noticed yet is if arm angles for infielders change depending upon the play. I'm seeing a lot of over-the-top arm angles and not sure if there are any sidearm angles for infielders (especially shortstops) as these are often used when body positioning makes this the more natural and efficient approach.

And still find some outfield plays a bit clumsy, particularly on plays in front of the outfielder where they either catch the ball on the bounce or make what sort of appears (from a distance, anyway) as a diving catch (though PBP seems to indicate that isn't the reality), but really kind of more looks like they've stumbled just as they approach the ball but then make the catch. Not sure I got a good close-up look at this so wondering what others are seeing in this regard?

Make sure to post 3D issues in the bug forum, especially the "teleporting" player issues. You can replay the last replay and then it copies stuff to your clipboard. Paste that into the correct bug thread with a little blurb on what happened.

Each update they have been fixing these 3D glitches.

One thing I love.. the ball flights are much better and more varied!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 11:51 AM   #38
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

The pitcher glitching should be fixed in the next release
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 12:07 PM   #39
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, one of the view options is whether to hide widgets during play. Disable that and the boxes will stay up.
Aaah, okay, some of these options are a little hard to find, but slowly I start to get where I want to

Happy Chandler, 1947
Old 03-19-2019, 01:45 PM   #40
tward13
All Star Starter

Still some improvements I'd like to see to be more realistic.

Runners should run through 1B whether safe or out. Let the ump tell me if safe or out.

The timing still isn't quite right on many plays at first with the runner getting there before the ball but called out. Angel Hernandez can't be calling all these games.

Outfielders still need to hit more cutoff men and/or runners need to take more bases on those long throws home.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote