Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Fighter Database

Old 10-20-2004, 05:38 PM   #1
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Title Bout Championship Boxing Online Fighter Database

Once again, the Title Bout Championship Development team created a new, exciting, and easy-to-use tool to enhance Title Bout Championship Boxing. In this case, we moved the official TB fighter database to our web server.

The Title Bout Championship Database is a tool that is meant to both educate and aid players who are hardcore boxing simulations gamers, fanatic boxing fans or, hopefully, both. The database is designed to be interactive. It not only provides you, the user, with information but also allows you to add your own thoughts and input via individual fighter threads that will be found on the TBCB Forums.

The database functions like this:

- Open the query form at http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/tb/fighter.php.

- Perform a typical search by entering whatever criterion fits your needs, from simply a name or a part of it to something as defined as “Heavyweight” + “Italy” + “Retired” to give you a list of all retired Italian heavyweights included in Title Bout Championship Boxing.

- Once you have conducted your search, you’ll be presented with a name or list of names, along with the bare facts about the fighter or fighters (i.e. name, career dates, division) and – most important – an “Open” link.

- Clicking on the “Open” link brings you to the heart of the database. It will show all of the crucial data on the fighter: height, weight, reach, career dates, current career stage, corner men of record, biography of the fighter (if one is available, nickname, and more. You’ll also be provided with the ability to download the fighter to your computer and then, using the “import fighter” utility in Title Bout Championship Boxing, add that fighter to your boxing universe if you so desire.

- Each fighter's thread starts with a "post" containing his data. At the bottom of this post there is a list with his "rating records" (RR). Most fighters have only one rating record. Some fighters like Ali have multiple rating records. These rating records contain all the data that changes through a fighter's career and will be a new feature of TB2. The rating record's unique key is the field "title". Each rating record of a fighter must have a different title. Only one of these RRs may be the "default" record. This one will be used if you schedule the fighter for a bout and if you do not manually select an RR to be used. You can set any of the RRs to be the default. You can also select any of the RRs to be used in a bout .

In TB2, the fields Era (Active/Retired) and Career Stage are only informational. There will be a new field in the rating records named "Allow Career Stage Adjustments" which can be set to Yes or No. Using this field you can determine whether the fighter's ratings may be adjusted by the game! This should be set to "Yes" only for Retired/Prime records, because otherwise the adjustment routines wouldn't work as intended.

So you will be able to select a rating record for each fighter when you configure a bout - but of course TB2 can also do it automatically, because each fighter has always exactly ONE default rating record.

- You are also provided with a link to the incredible boxrec.com website, where you can view a comprehensive fight-by-fight record for the fighter with whom you are working.

User input:

By visiting the forums, gamers may easily add their input to help shape even more accurate ratings. Suggestions, fight results and outcomes from user-edited fighters will be carefully studied by the designers and could result in official changes to a fighter’s ratings. The "TB Data Moderators" group will help us to keep the database complete and 100% up-to-date. A lot of fighter biographies have been added by them already!

Have fun with the TB fighter database
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 10:08 PM   #2
Scruff
Minors (Triple A)

Why doesn't the search link in Andreas' post work anymore? Any chance that will get fixed sometime soon?

I mean, the link works, but the search function in it does not.
Scruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 04:21 AM   #3
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruff
Why doesn't the search link in Andreas' post work anymore? Any chance that will get fixed sometime soon?

I mean, the link works, but the search function in it does not.
Sorry! Fixed!
Old 11-23-2005, 07:30 AM   #4
Scruff
Minors (Triple A)

Awesome, thanks for the (as always) prompt response!
Scruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 08:05 AM   #5
Andreas Raht
Administrator

You're welcome!

Frankly, this has been a kind of a coincidence. I've got an email because I had subscribed to this thread, otherwise I would not have seen your post so soon, because I don't monitor the forums daily. In case of bugs and problems with our site or forums please send an email to support@ootpdevelopments.com. This way we will get it into our support email database, and that's the best way to make sure that we get the message quickly. Thanks!
Old 12-26-2005, 10:51 AM   #6
bigMatt
Hall Of Famer

re:Fighter Databases

"You’ll also be provided with the ability to download the fighter to your computer and then, using the “import fighter” utility in Title Bout Championship Boxing, add that fighter to your boxing universe if you so desire."

First of all, this is my very first post and I am AMAZED at all the way cool stuff here. I played Title Bout for years, then Title Fight, and basically thought the product in any form was extinct. I was so pleased to find out that not only is it even better in TBCB2, it also boasts a wonderful community available right at my fingertips!

The reason for the above in quotes is to ask - how can I download the desired fighter from the database? I can review the fighters, just don't see anywhere to download. Is there a button or link I'm overlooking on the fighter pages? Thx. in advance.

Matt

PS - Never mind - I found the LOAD link in the bottom right-hand corner of the fighters' db page. D'Oh!

Last edited by bigMatt; 12-26-2005 at 12:10 PM.
bigMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 11:27 PM   #7
OldeTowneTeam
Minors (Single A)

Inquiring minds want to know . . . is the online database ever going to be updated with the latest ratings?

Mount Airy Marauders
Pennant Chase Baseball League 2007-2014: 716-580 (.552)
Cooperstown League Champions 2012, 2014
CL Atlantic Division Champions 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
CL Manager of the Year 2012, 2013, 2014
OldeTowneTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 10:32 AM   #8
hamed

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldeTowneTeam
Inquiring minds want to know . . . is the online database ever going to be updated with the latest ratings?
Great question! I wondered about that too.
hamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 04:53 PM   #9
jhekel
Bat Boy

Database

Are the fighters listed in this forum already included in the game? Are they updated somehow?

jim in tennessee
jhekel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:58 AM   #10
mh2365
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (101)
Be good to get this updated to the most recent release for current fighters .. for example the database has Valuev as a pre-prime 2, rated in 9/04, I know we have received an update on him.
mh2365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 09:06 AM   #11
Jliven61
Minors (Single A)

Importing Fighters

Newbie here - How does one actually import fighters from the database to the game. Save to where? Then what? Thanks for any help.

Jeff
Jliven61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 09:16 AM   #12
mh2365
Banned

save it to any file then you load it into the game from the menu on the side of the fighters screen, click the import fighters tab and then go to where you saved it
Old 03-04-2007, 09:29 AM   #13
Jliven61
Minors (Single A)

Thanks much!

Jeff
Jliven61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:20 PM   #14
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Are the bios from here available inside TB2.5?

Cap

EDIT: okay. Who stole all the bios?

Last edited by Cap; 02-04-2008 at 12:22 PM.
Cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 02:30 PM   #15
earl61245
Bat Boy

Current Manny Pacqueo

How can I get a new Manny rating card for TB2..he just won the the lightweight title yet he only appears as featherweight in the game. Is this under development? Thanks.
earl61245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 08:30 PM   #16
mh2365
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl61245 View Post
How can I get a new Manny rating card for TB2..he just won the the lightweight title yet he only appears as featherweight in the game. Is this under development? Thanks.
Move him to LW ... I doubt we will re-rate him based on one performance at LW. Check out the PPV thread, there was some discussion on how some would rerate him.

Also I would suggest you purchase TBCB2.5 since all the ratings are now done on-line and you can update directly from the game. 2.5 has a JLW rating for Manny also.

Last edited by mh2365; 06-29-2008 at 08:32 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:25 AM   #17
earl61245
Bat Boy

Manny Pacqueo Lightweight Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
Once again, the Title Bout Championship Development team created a new, exciting, and easy-to-use tool to enhance Title Bout Championship Boxing. In this case, we moved the official TB fighter database to our web server.

The Title Bout Championship Database is a tool that is meant to both educate and aid players who are hardcore boxing simulations gamers, fanatic boxing fans or, hopefully, both. The database is designed to be interactive. It not only provides you, the user, with information but also allows you to add your own thoughts and input via individual fighter threads that will be found on the TBCB Forums.

The database functions like this:

- Open the query form at Title Bout Championship Boxing Fighter Database.

- Perform a typical search by entering whatever criterion fits your needs, from simply a name or a part of it to something as defined as “Heavyweight” + “Italy” + “Retired” to give you a list of all retired Italian heavyweights included in Title Bout Championship Boxing.

- Once you have conducted your search, you’ll be presented with a name or list of names, along with the bare facts about the fighter or fighters (i.e. name, career dates, division) and – most important – an “Open” link.

- Clicking on the “Open” link brings you to the heart of the database. It will show all of the crucial data on the fighter: height, weight, reach, career dates, current career stage, corner men of record, biography of the fighter (if one is available, nickname, and more. You’ll also be provided with the ability to download the fighter to your computer and then, using the “import fighter” utility in Title Bout Championship Boxing, add that fighter to your boxing universe if you so desire.

- Each fighter's thread starts with a "post" containing his data. At the bottom of this post there is a list with his "rating records" (RR). Most fighters have only one rating record. Some fighters like Ali have multiple rating records. These rating records contain all the data that changes through a fighter's career and will be a new feature of TB2. The rating record's unique key is the field "title". Each rating record of a fighter must have a different title. Only one of these RRs may be the "default" record. This one will be used if you schedule the fighter for a bout and if you do not manually select an RR to be used. You can set any of the RRs to be the default. You can also select any of the RRs to be used in a bout .

In TB2, the fields Era (Active/Retired) and Career Stage are only informational. There will be a new field in the rating records named "Allow Career Stage Adjustments" which can be set to Yes or No. Using this field you can determine whether the fighter's ratings may be adjusted by the game! This should be set to "Yes" only for Retired/Prime records, because otherwise the adjustment routines wouldn't work as intended.

So you will be able to select a rating record for each fighter when you configure a bout - but of course TB2 can also do it automatically, because each fighter has always exactly ONE default rating record.

- You are also provided with a link to the incredible BoxRec Boxing Records website, where you can view a comprehensive fight-by-fight record for the fighter with whom you are working.

User input:

By visiting the forums, gamers may easily add their input to help shape even more accurate ratings. Suggestions, fight results and outcomes from user-edited fighters will be carefully studied by the designers and could result in official changes to a fighter’s ratings. The "TB Data Moderators" group will help us to keep the database complete and 100% up-to-date. A lot of fighter biographies have been added by them already!

Have fun with the TB fighter database
Is Manny Pacqueo going to be rated in his new weight class that he won the other night and where will it be posted. Thanks.
earl61245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:11 PM   #18
mh2365
Banned

The online database is for 2.5 only .. there is no way to import ratings from the online database into another version of the game. As been said in two to three threads now ... Manny will not be rated in a new class until he has won a few fights in that weight class.

What you quoted was posted in 2004 and was for a previous version of the game. 2.5 handles importing of fighters differently and uses an online database for fighters. Manny is rated at JLW in the new version. I would suggest you upgrade.

Link to the current online database

Fighterlist

you can see ratings for fighters and enter them by hand but once again I would suggest you upgrade to the new version.

2.5 can be purchased here

https://www.elicense.com/ootpdevelopments/store/

Last edited by mh2365; 07-01-2008 at 01:15 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:51 AM   #19
Grunion
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Is the database down? I tried opening a query form and running a search, but its not working for me. (It just returns to a blank query form).
Grunion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:37 AM   #20
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

It does look like it is down at the moment. It is for an older version of the game anyway.

The one for version 2.5 is here:

Fighterlist