Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-27-2020, 08:35 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Exclamation Public Beta Patch (Version 21.2.37) Available! (Updated 03/29)

Update 03/29: We have updated the public beta to build 37. Please give it a ride if you like. Build 37 contains a few minor bug fixes.

Important: This patch is only for OOTP 21 versions which were purchased directly from us or resellers who use our version. It is also available via the Steam client with the public password below.
It is NOT compatible with the Mac OSX AppStore version!

Hi!

We have been working more on the game recently and are nearing another official patch release. So, here's the public beta of it, version 21.2.37. If this works fine we'll release it officially on Monday. Have a nice weekend

Note: This version is NOT compatible with previous builds in online leagues. If you are in an online league, do not use this public beta. The final release will also be incompatible with exports from previous versions, so if you are an online league commish please consider this an advance warning. All members of online leagues should update on Monday.

We have tested this build for 24 hours and did not find any issues, however use this at your own risk! Please back up important league files before loading them in this beta.

Changelist (21.2.37):
- Improved 2020 MLB & international rosters sets & added more international schedules (need to create new game for changes to apply)
- Added easier way to manage minor league games
- Improved in-game notification for injuries
- Fixed missing coaches on importing large OOTP20 files. Fixed minor league contracts with major option changing to minor league deals on import.
- Fixed AI signing suspended players
- Fixed HS choice for created players
- Fixed tournament job offers immediately expiring
- Fixed JuCo players entering college as freshmen
- Fixed player strategy import/export for bench when fatigue %
- Adjusted draft player demands
- HS players will continue to college even if they cannot find a school in the DB
- PT: fixed/relaxed criteria for when players can play other positions
- Several other bug fixes

How to access the beta on Steam:
  • Quit OOTP 21 if it's running.
  • Open Steam client -> Library
  • Right click on Out of the Park Baseball 21
  • Click on "Properties" at the bottom of the menu
  • Click on the beta tab. Here, enter the following code / password: ootp21pubbeta
  • Click on "Check code"
  • Open the beta pull-down and select "publicbeta".
  • Close the Steam client (Steam menu -> Exit)
  • Open the client again. It should then download the beta build.
Update Info for our webstore customers: To apply the update, simply download the setup file and install it over your current installation. There is no need to uninstall or unlicense your current copy! However, you should quit the game before installing it, of course. Updates always contain all the changes from previous updates. Saved games are compatible between different versions.

Download link for PC Beta (Fastspring Webstore Version):
Main server: PC Installer

Here's a PC installer (Fastspring) that installs into a single folder, which is useful for external HDs for example. Or for creating a second test install of the game, so you can try the patch out without the risk of messing up your main install of the game if something is wrong in the patch:
PC Single Folder Installer

Download link for Mac (FastSpring):
Main Server: Mac OSX Installer

Download link for Linux:
http://cdnfiles.ootpdevelopments.com...21linux.tar.gz

Please post here if you have any issues or if you run into major bugs. Thanks!

Cheers,
Markus & the entire OOTP Team

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 03-29-2020 at 01:25 PM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 08:40 AM   #2
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Do note for online leagues, this build is not compatible for either the commish OR other online users - if you update to this in an online league, your exports will fail. Please take care when updating - most of you know the process, but you will need to process all the imports, then update your game to the new version, and then make sure users download the new version before proceeding.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 10:04 AM   #3
strzepeksc
All Star Reserve

Online League Concerns

What about automatic Steam users...won't that screw up an online league? And what about online leagues that already started and then joining a new one with the patch ? How do we manage that ? Can I have two versions of the game somehow ?
strzepeksc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 10:10 AM   #4
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by strzepeksc View Post
What about automatic Steam users...won't that screw up an online league? And what about online leagues that already started and then joining a new one with the patch ? How do we manage that ? Can I have two versions of the game somehow ?
Sorry, should have clarified, it is NOT available on steam, so if you are running Steam, it will NOT auto-update until we officially release it early next week. As for running multiple versions, that is not possible through Steam (unless if you have multiple machines and properly set one up in offline mode). On a PC, you can use the single folder install above to have 2 versions on your local machine, however do note that games saved under the new version cannot be opened by the older version, so you need to pay attention to the version you are using and saving.

*edit, to add, I guess on Steam during the public beta, it is possible to run both versions. Basically, you can opt in and opt out of the beta versions, and Steam will download the correct files, so for this weekend, you could opt into the beta, do what you need on the new version and then opt out of the beta to return to the last public release. However this won't be possible once the full version is released.

Last edited by Matt Arnold; 03-27-2020 at 10:19 AM.
Old 03-27-2020, 04:13 PM   #5
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Seeing that this build has improved 2020 MLB & international rosters sets, if I have a league already in progress using the roster sets from build 33, will this build affect the rosters in that league in progress? Meaning, is it intended to?

Also: the link above for PC Beta appears to be Fastspring only and I have a PC Single Folder installation. Can I still download from the link above to update my current install, or is it going to start over with a fresh install and blow out my current games?

Last edited by chucksabr; 03-27-2020 at 04:18 PM.
chucksabr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 04:16 PM   #6
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksabr View Post
Seeing that this build has improved 2020 MLB & international rosters sets, if I have a league already in progress using the roster sets from build 33, will this build affect the rosters in that league in progress? Meaning, is it intended to?
No. Any roster changes always require starting a new game.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 04:45 PM   #7
strzepeksc
All Star Reserve

Means We are Screwed

How can OOTP screw Online league players like this ? Once we start an online league and are in progress how can you put up a patch that is not compatible to what we started and/or want to join a new online league which puts us in jeopardy! Unbelievalble!!

edit: I apoligize, I misunderstood the patch announcements, most patches for online leagues have always been compatible I had thought

Last edited by strzepeksc; 03-28-2020 at 11:14 AM. Reason: misunderstanding
strzepeksc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 08:58 PM   #8
crowhop
Minors (Triple A)

The game crashes if "LIVE START (MLB games only)" is checked when starting a new game.

Given there are no actual live games to pull and the schedule says there should be...it's probably related to that. No crash if Live Start is unchecked.

I almost didn't even report this, but thought you may want to know just in case.
crowhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 03:22 AM   #9
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
How can OOTP screw Online league players like this ? Once we start an online league and are in progress how can you put up a patch that is not compatible to what we started and/or want to join a new online league which puts us in jeopardy! Unbelievalble!!
You must have misunderstood. Of course you will be able to continue, however, both the commish and all members must update on Monday, team exports from prior versions will not import. That's all
Old 03-28-2020, 04:30 AM   #10
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
Quote:
So you would rather they not fix or improve the game.? I mean come on. Markus and the rest of OOTP Dev have been providing us with a quality product for over 2 decades. They have earned our trust by now, or should have in your case. This happens every year at least once it seems like. Is it that hard to get your guys to all update to the same patch? There's more important things in life right now that worrying about some online league and blowing up like it will be broken forever and it's all a big conspiracy by OOTP Dev
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 06:04 AM   #11
bearcatbbal22
Minors (Double A)

I think this is related to the patch as this wasn't happening before I updated it?... After the draft, the box in the bottom left has player info re draft status for players already in the league.. instead of their health status

I posted in the bug repot forum too - I'm still having issues in the draft pool with college and HS players having multiple stat lines for the same year
Attached Images
bearcatbbal22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 10:48 AM   #12
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatbbal22 View Post
I think this is related to the patch as this wasn't happening before I updated it?... After the draft, the box in the bottom left has player info re draft status for players already in the league.. instead of their health status

I posted in the bug repot forum too - I'm still having issues in the draft pool with college and HS players having multiple stat lines for the same year
Hi, this should only show up for players that have a high school or college status. Does this happen to a lot of players in your league, or only a handful here or there?
Old 03-28-2020, 02:37 PM   #13
bearcatbbal22
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Hi, this should only show up for players that have a high school or college status. Does this happen to a lot of players in your league, or only a handful here or there?
This is happening to a little under half the players across the universe re having their draft status appear. I uploaded my league to the FTP under my username, "bearcatbbal22"

Another issue I'm having is my foreign leagues are drafting players based on US colleges/ high schools rather than from their country. And as I said in the previous post, there are multiple stat lines for many of the college/ HS prospects. I posted a few screenshots below.

Sorry to hijack this thread... thanks for taking a look.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by bearcatbbal22; 03-28-2020 at 02:47 PM.
bearcatbbal22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 02:56 PM   #14
jaguar8311
Minors (Triple A)

The WBC tournament job offers are still expiring for me
jaguar8311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 01:27 PM   #15
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

OK, we have updated the beta to the build number ( 21.2.37) which will release officially on Monday! It features a few minor bug fixes compared to Friday's build 21.2.35. If you opted into the Steam beta, you will get the update automactically.
Old 03-29-2020, 02:34 PM   #16
nico1270
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar8311 View Post
The WBC tournament job offers are still expiring for me
The WBC first round is happening in 2020 and the second round in 2021. Weird.
nico1270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 03:14 PM   #17
Andy
Hall Of Famer

Just downloaded today's update and when I create a new fictional league there are no players in the inaugural draft pool. I've tried creating 3 different leagues and it's the same thing each time.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 12:24 AM   #18
crowhop
Minors (Triple A)

Any chance you all will be updating the Astros' Roster to "Disliked" and moving their Controversy setting to max?
crowhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 05:16 AM   #19
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Just downloaded today's update and when I create a new fictional league there are no players in the inaugural draft pool. I've tried creating 3 different leagues and it's the same thing each time.
Thanks, fixed!