Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-22-2020, 12:26 AM   #1
jameslacy8
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Need Ideas...

Just curious how you guys set up your teams. Last year I spent very little, I think $40 overall on PT but I don't think I will spend any this year. But I had one team a mixture of all cards. One was a No Live Cards. And one was live cards only.

I have considered the same for this year but wondered about creating all only certain types of cards such as all rookie sensation cards, or Snapshot cards, All Star cards.

What do you guys do? I also never played tournaments and curious what everyone thinks of them.
jameslacy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 10:19 AM   #2
jeffstified
Minors (Double A)

All my teams are FTP:

Krikkit Hactars - OL: Historical only, part of Our League. First time in OL, looks fun!

Packwood PackRippers: Packs only team. This was my favorite team last year. No stressing over rather to splurge in the AH or not.

National Leaguers: Last year this team was the ATL Braves, a Braves only team. This year I think I'll join that 8Team theme and use the NL teams before they expanded to 10 teams in '60s.

First time doing tournaments and I like it. Not having much success, though. I don't have that many cards yet, plus I just let the AI manager do everything. Not sure if those are the reasons or just unlucky so far.
jeffstified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 10:21 AM   #3
daves
Hall Of Famer

If you are rich spend thousands and create a super team buying packs, high priced players in the Auction house and complete missions. If you are not rich and not able to spend thousands (like many of us) you should build a team utilizing park factors. This seemed successful for many in prior versions. If you want a home run team increase homer rating to 1.10, defense and/or pitching lower all ratings in your park, lefty or righty team change it based on this. You choose how you want to build your team.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 10:42 AM   #4
bailey
Hall Of Famer

I'm playing 1 team (start all 3 and pick the best one). 1 team is really 5 in 1 if you count your iron, bronze, silver and gold tournaments teams. Additionally there are interesting cap tournaments that allow for a mix of these 4. That's plenty to do. I blew my PT budget for 10 years last year, so I'm not likely to invest anything this year.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 11:41 AM   #5
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

One open-ended, a couple of theme teams, one all live, one all historical.
Old 03-22-2020, 11:49 AM   #6
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
If you are rich spend thousands and create a super team buying packs, high priced players in the Auction house and complete missions. If you are not rich and not able to spend thousands (like many of us) you should build a team utilizing park factors. This seemed successful for many in prior versions. If you want a home run team increase homer rating to 1.10, defense and/or pitching lower all ratings in your park, lefty or righty team change it based on this. You choose how you want to build your team.
Frankly everyone should be using park factors. Biggest factor in my ability to beat teams who spent 10x as much as I did is they don't use park factors or even have any sort of theme at all. Their strategy is just buy better cards and build a lineup. That only goes so far.

Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 02:43 PM   #7
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
. I blew my PT budget for 10 years last year, so I'm not likely to invest anything this year.
No Super Magpie team in this version?

I actually think a few of us have learned this lesson.

Theme for PT 3.0, One team, less spending, just have fun.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote