Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Online Leagues

OOTP 20 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 20 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 12-27-2019, 11:10 AM   #1
storm427
Minors (Single A)

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
League Like the old FOOL

Does anyone remember the old FOOL league. It lived over at the Front Office forums and the OL in the title stood for “off-season league”. As that implies the vast majority of the sims was spent on free agency and other off season roster building, whereas the in seasons sims went by very fast (I think the whole season simmed in three evenings?). I would love to find something similar where the emphasis is on team building and the long haul and the games are left mostly to the AI. The beauty of the format was that seasons turned over very fast so even a patient rebuild would pay off (or not) in a month or so of real time.
storm427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 01:16 PM   #2
Still Shoeless
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Absolutely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm427 View Post
Does anyone remember the old FOOL league. It lived over at the Front Office forums and the OL in the title stood for “off-season league”. As that implies the vast majority of the sims was spent on free agency and other off season roster building, whereas the in seasons sims went by very fast (I think the whole season simmed in three evenings?). I would love to find something similar where the emphasis is on team building and the long haul and the games are left mostly to the AI. The beauty of the format was that seasons turned over very fast so even a patient rebuild would pay off (or not) in a month or so of real time.

YES!! I do remember and miss FOOL and FOOL X. I was active in both leagues. Once I joined and got into those leagues no other league ever felt the same. Such a great concept and Alan did an excellent job keeping everything well run and extremely active.

I actually just made a post yesterday about me returning to the game after a long hiatus and mentioned FOOL in an effort to see if anything similar exists. I absolutely loved those leagues and would love to be a part of something like that again, even if it means creating a new league to quench my thirst.
-Original commissioner of Full Count Baseball
-Former member of various online leagues that included WHBL, FOOL, FOOL-X & more!
-Fast sim enthusiast
Still Shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 01:32 PM   #3
Still Shoeless
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm427 View Post

I was looking for the same thing and found a league called RANZBA. It's a fast paced league with a real close rule set and style to FOOL and FOOL X. I joined yesterday and recruited my brother, too. As far as I know there is still one opening in the league as of me writing this post.

You can find the league info here and get a hold of the commish if you're interested in joining the league.

Hope that helps out.
-Original commissioner of Full Count Baseball
-Former member of various online leagues that included WHBL, FOOL, FOOL-X & more!
-Fast sim enthusiast
Still Shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 07:42 PM   #4
Ekcut
Minors (Double A)

I loved FOOL. Played 100's of seasons in FOOL and FOOL-X. Nothing beats 1 season a week for those who love the career aspect of franchise building. Certainly not for the micromanagers as the entire 162 game regular season was simmed in 1 day, but if you play the game to see your drafted player set the career HR record and enter the HOF all within 6 months of real time, there is nothing better!

I also played RANZBA mentioned above and can recommend it as a great faced paced sim. 1 season every 2 weeks. A bit more control as sims are a month at a time, rather than the season simmed in one swoop.